Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starfish5000

Thanks, requested to join.

There's an empty house in dodsboro cottages and just popped into the back garden to get a look at Shackleton way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ap1234

corre10 wrote: »
    Did you ask if it would contribute to a delay? Nolan's kitchen have said they expect a kitchen order imminently from Cairn I'm guessing that means all the kitchens?. We're interested in changing the counter top finish but not at a risk to schedule

No they said there would be no problem (so i assume that means no delay) but we met them about two weeks ago so i dont know how long in advance you have to order it by

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starfish5000

Thanks for this! How did you manage to get access? I went to the barrier one day and asked if there was any way I could speak to a foreman or anyone that might let me view my property - no way!
    Im stuck to driving into doddsburough cotteges and looking between the gaps in the houses (our house is on Shackleton Way)

Not sure what number is but there is a site notice in the front garden and you can see right through the house- no curtains or blinds on it and there's a sherry fitz sign to the side of the house

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

Ap1234 wrote: »
    No they said there would be no problem (so i assume that means no delay) but we met them about two weeks ago so i dont know how long in advance you have to order it by

We met with Alison in Nolan's, as the OP said they do allow some options to change but limited. They are expecting the orders for those that aren't already in within weeks. Judging by a few of the Facebook pics a couple of kitchens are already in. We went for a few changes but it is expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

Has anyone from a type C or D house asked nolans kitchens whether the breakfast bar can be put back in as an extra? I'm meeting with them in Friday to discuss changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 LucanRS2017

Hi, I went to Nolan kitchens for quick chat, park side kitchen cannot be build for C type house, but they can build island type.. breakfast bar. I didn't have an appointment with them, so they did not share more details with me. It will be great if you could check with them what cost they charge for island breakfast bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

Has anyone from a type C or D house asked nolans kitchens whether the breakfast bar can be put back in as an extra? I'm meeting with them in Friday to discuss changes.

Hi we have a type D house we got an island put in as an extra. We didn't ask about the breakfast bar but I'm sure they could do something. We met with them two weeks ago. Our kitchen is going in this week.

Hi, I went to Nolan kitchens for quick chat, park side kitchen cannot be build for C type house, but they can build island type.. breakfast bar. I didn't have an appointment with them, so they did not share more details with me. It will be great if you could check with them what cost they charge for island breakfast bar.
    An island sounds even better and thrn we ha e the double oven and microwave buolt in so I think the change in design will probably work out fornthe best. Depending on the charge for the island. Will let you know how I get on with them on Friday.

Fk28 wrote: »
    Hi we have a type D house we got an island put in as an extra. We didn't ask about the breakfast bar but I'm sure they could do something. We met with them two weeks ago. Our kitchen is going in this week.

I prefer the sound of an island than a breakfast bar i will ask for the same. How much did they quote for that approx?

I prefer the sound of an island than a breakfast bar i will ask for the same. How much did they quote for that approx?

The quote for the island in the same worktop as the rest of the kitchen was approx 1700. We ended up changing to a quartz worktop so went with a quartz island. It's all very expensive to be honest and it's annoying that you have to go with Nolan kitchens like you can't shop around to get the best price etc, but at least the kitchen floor is titled and the cooker and dishwasher are included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 iloveknowledge

Fk28 wrote: »
    The quote for the island in the same worktop as the rest of the kitchen was approx 1700. We ended up changing to a quartz worktop so went with a quartz island. It's all very expensive to be honest and it's annoying that you have to go with Nolan kitchens like you can't shop around to get the best price etc, but at least the kitchen floor is titled and the cooker and dishwasher are included.

It seems like a good bonus to have tiling and appliances all taken care of. I notice very flashy advertising gone up for the new development on the Newcastle Road. Wonder what the spec and finish of those houses will be.

dn2017 wrote: »
    Looks like there will be two show houses opening in the next 4-6 weeks in Shackleton Place!

Do you still think they'll be ready to open show houses?

It seems like a good bonus to have tiling and appliances all taken care of. I notice very flashy advertising gone up for the new development on the Newcastle Road. Wonder what the spec and finish of those houses will be.

If that is somerton, I've seen the plans and they look very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

It's really annoying me that they have taken the breakfast bar out but can charge e1700 to put an island in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 iloveknowledge

If that is somerton, I've seen the plans and they look very nice!

Yes it is Somerton I mean. Plans look nice alright. Heading in to launch tomorrow AM. We're in the market for a 4 bed place so looking at Shackleton and Somerton in this area. Just out of curiosity does anyone know what the story is with the Shackleton Hall building. Is this social housing and how many units? It says 1 to 60 on plans so could I assume this infers 60 units? Plans seem a bit vague tbh. Appreciate any info.

Yes it is Somerton I mean. Plans look nice alright. Heading in to launch tomorrow AM. We're in the market for a 4 bed place so looking at Shackleton and Somerton in this area. Just out of curiosity does anyone know what the story is with the Shackleton Hall building. Is this social housing and how many units? It says 1 to 60 on plans so could I assume this infers 60 units? Plans seem a bit vague tbh. Appreciate any info.

Did you go into somerton launch? What was the sale sheet like, interest seemed high. I don't know much about the apartment block I think there is 60 planned but no idea when. Agent seemed to indicate not until apartments become profitable again. It's not social housing. AFAIK there's no social housing in the first few phases

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

Has the facebook page disappeared? I cant see it any more, not showing up when you search and any of the notifications I had previously received from it are gone from my notifications now.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

Hi, I can't access it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

Neither can I :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 flipsky

Same for my wife and I :(

I can't access it either! 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

It's a pity the page is closed as it was great for updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

That's a shame! I'm going to miss all the updates. Plus we wouldn't have share so much on Facebook if we were given more info about our houses!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
    The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.

Page is down folks. A shame. It was a great source of information. Hope the poster isn't in trouble, she was doing a great service for the buyers but not altogether surprising that it got shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

That's ridiculous that it has been closed! If you look at any other estates there is pages for them. Hansfield wood is a prime example

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

That's ridiculous that it has been closed! If you look at any other estates there is pages for them. Hansfield wood is a prime example

The developer in question are reknowned for having a particularly thin skin...........

Anyone got a call yet for snagging or is that wishful thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

Anyone got a call yet for snagging or is that wishful thinking?

We didn't yet. The house was supposed to be ready for snagging in mid-October, so it shouldn't be long now (if they are still up to schedule). Fingers crossed. :-)

Advertisement