Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Roommate(s)

• 27-05-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Is there anybody currently living in Dublin who has an open room in their house/apartment that they are looking to fill?

Or looking for accommodation in Dublin?

I will be studying medicine at UCD starting in September and I am looking for somewhere to live. I would prefer not to live on campus, although it would be nice if I could live off-campus but close-by to the university or nearby a bus that stops at UCD.

Moreover, I would prefer to live with other medical students, graduate entry medicine students in particular (but I would consider living with mature undergrad entry students), due to us being of similar age (I'm 25), having similar study habits, and respect for each others' schedules.

I'm open to living with young professionals, med students from the other universities, or students who are responsible and well-mannered.

If you are interested in possibly living with me shoot me a private message and we can email, skype, or facebook each other to get to know each other better and figure out if we are a good match.

Basically, I don't want to live in a frat house where people are drinking Monday-Friday and causing a ruckus.

Oh and no cats. It's not that I dislike them but I have terrible allergies to their dander.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭nomoreexams

Everything looked great until you said no cats! :( I'd say a lot of people will be waiting until the offers come out so they're sure they know where they're going!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 OrionsShoe

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LaLacuna

hey folks, would it be ok if i start inviting people to start posting here about themselves and the kinds of roomates/acccomodation they're looking for? there seems to be a few of us in the same position and the more of us that contribute the better chances we all have : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Mod note (all obvious stuff)

Please remember - don't post email addresses/phone numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LaLacuna

Hey all, I’m looking to move to dublin perhaps mid july/early august (ish), no firm dates in mind yet and think it's prob worth paying the extra to live centrally instead of paying it in transport costs but defo willing to consider all options and any budget saving suggestions! Starting as a mature student in September in TCD and am thinking it makes far more sense to try and find like minded people to live with first and then look for accommodation?
    I'm (a young : > ) 35 and i'm sociable, with a good attitude, I l like meeting people and enjoy my nights out but really want to do well at this course and need my home to be an environment that is conducive to that and not a party house.
    I'm happy to live with people of any age with similar values, but I imagine that will probably be with people in their mid twenties and up? I'm in to music, books, food and more besides and pretty much of the mind that good people make good times: ) Non smoking house preferred, happy to share with students, profs, men, women and most of the other labels that people choose to identify themselves by ; )
    I consider myself a friendly sociable person but I really want my home to be my castle y'know? I think it's great to have people visit but I'm hoping to find housemates that are considerate and respectful, un intrusive and know how to clean up after themselves and not looking for a party house. on the other hand, it'd be great to find people that like to have a chat, know how to share a meal or a bottle of wine and like to have a laugh etc. i know right??! talk about searching for the dream lol!
    right! that's me in a nutshell!
    Please encourage other people you know that are in a similar position to post here, and I will too! The more people that post here the better chance we all have!
    If you think we might be on a compatible search private message me please. Cheers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 MintyBear

University: DCU
    Course: Actuarial Maths

Areas: Near to DCU - Glasnevin, Santry, Drumcondra etc
    Price for room: Around 400 - 450

I plan to be on campus from 9 am - 5 or 6 pm Monday - Friday, irrespective of scheduled classes. Not looking for a party house, but would be nice to have a bit of fun!

Feel free to pm me if this sounds at all like what you're after :D
    Claire

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jeanie123

I have a 2 bedroomed house in Dublin around Killester/Fairview close to quality bus corridor with excellent availability of buses, at least two of which pass outside by Trinity around 15 minutes on the bus in to town. I am looking to rent a double room in the house however I would not be there most of the time. I would like to come to some arrangement that I would go to house two weekends a month, so it might suit someone who would like to go home 2 weekends a month, otherwise you would have sole occupancy of the house? I am studying but not in Dublin so would consider renting for academic terms or whatever suited? Would be looking for €500 per month and bills to be shared (except for bins and television which would be covered). Might suit mature medical student as I am one myself. House is quiet and clean so would be looking for someone who wants peace and quite for studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 strangeweather

Hi,
    I'm moving out of my place at the end of the month. It's a four bed house in Phibsboro. The location is excellent and there are several bus routes 2 mins from the doorstep. It's a 15 min walk into O'Connell street. The house is occupied by three working professionals who are very nice and sociable.

It's a single room €280 pm if your looking to keep costs low!

We also have a life size card board cut out of Ryan Gosling in the living room it's an excellent attraction :p

Here is the ad with a pic. (Hope it's ok to link to that?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jen1607

Hey guys! I'm looking for 2 people to rent rooms in the Drimnagh/Crumlin area! Let me know if interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Billiethepup

Hi,

I'm looking to rent/share in Dublin too. Prefer close to town (walk to Stephens Green if possible) or at least a cycle-able distance! I'm 30, female, non-smoker, sociable but defo not a party animal! I'm a massive animal lover but prefer not to live with house cats (sorry!), dogs no issue at all. Totally happy to live with males or females, I've happily shared with both before, also gay-friendly.

Mostly I'm looking for somewhere quiet, that I won't be labelled a 'weirdo' for studying and not drinking my head off every friday night ;-) but also a friendly vibe in the house would be great!

• Advertisement
Advertisement