Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ledwill Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mur223

edkirl wrote: »
    Hi All, Just wanted to query are my fiancé and I the only ones receiving radio silence in terms of estimated moving dates or dimensions so we can quote flooring/ blinds as those packages being offered by the interior design crowd seemed ridiculously expensive!

We arrived at 11 on launch day for the plan buyers only viewing but found that was not the case at all and anytime we approached Sherry Fitz to ask questions or get more info once they found out we had bought off the plans they did not want to talk to us and were more interested in making sales. I called Sherry Fitz after and got ridiculously vague details about completion and moving in e.g. saying our valuation was right and completion/snagging/moving in would be June (we bought on The Rise 26-37) - However as it is the last day of May I am going to assume that is completely inaccurate.

In terms of dimensions I did look at Kildare CoCo way back and found the plans to be totally different so don't think we can estimate off them.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to see if we were alone in recieving the silent treatment as soon as our deposit and help to buy went through?

I emailed the sales team @ Glenveagh for the drawings and they said each house is different and we would have to wait until snagging until we get the exact dimensions of the house. I think some of the staff at SherryFitz are not advised on updates re completion times. Our house is on the same row as yourself and we were told Sept 1st on our Valuation. But then at the launch we were told August. So I presume its all just guesses at this stage! Just have to wait it out now and hope nothing gets delayed. Pretty sure all the houses are completed on the rise they just need the services connected ie. Water, Electrics which I have heard can take a while! I honestly wouldn't waste my time contacting sherryfitz they have Basically ignored me since they got our sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AnaC

edkirl wrote: »
    Hi All, Just wanted to query are my fiancé and I the only ones receiving radio silence in terms of estimated moving dates or dimensions so we can quote flooring/ blinds as those packages being offered by the interior design crowd seemed ridiculously expensive!

We arrived at 11 on launch day for the plan buyers only viewing but found that was not the case at all and anytime we approached Sherry Fitz to ask questions or get more info once they found out we had bought off the plans they did not want to talk to us and were more interested in making sales. I called Sherry Fitz after and got ridiculously vague details about completion and moving in e.g. saying our valuation was right and completion/snagging/moving in would be June (we bought on The Rise 26-37) - However as it is the last day of May I am going to assume that is completely inaccurate.

In terms of dimensions I did look at Kildare CoCo way back and found the plans to be totally different so don't think we can estimate off them.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to see if we were alone in recieving the silent treatment as soon as our deposit and help to buy went through?

Hi. We’re in the process of signing the contract but we used the plans of Kildare co co to have a rough estimate for flooring. Needless to say we found much better prices and we only contacted a couple of companies.

Hi guys,
    I’ve set up a Facebook group for anyone that bought in phase one. I think I could be easier to share information there and be able to discuss things. If anyone wants to join the group is called Ledwill Park- Phase 1. See pic attached. Or else drop me a private message with your Facebook name and I’ll try to add you

AnaC wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I’ve set up a Facebook group for anyone that bought in phase one. I think I could be easier to share information there and be able to discuss things. If anyone wants to join the group is called Ledwill Park- Phase 1. See pic attached. Or else drop me a private message with your Facebook name and I’ll try to add you

Sorry forgot the pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭g3l8usd9inoptz

email this person and she will send you the dimensions

<snip>
    MrTea247 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anyone have any details on the kitchen that will be fitted? Namely: will there be a hole cut in the worktop for a Hob? Also what size is the gap left for oven?

We’re looking to buy some appliances but can’t until we know for sure what sizes to buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 MrTea247

Cheers Simon, I’ll pm you!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AndreaSoly

Hi All,

On the Kildare Co. Co. website under the Dedvelopment description I just spotted something:
    " 1 no. two storey crèche with floor area of 569m2 "
    And finally found on the map too. :) Good news for everyone who will look for a crèche in the future.It is not in the first Phase, but hopefully don't have to wait too many years until it's completed also.

When I look at the " (Jan 19) Cond No. 4 & 5 Site Plan Boundary " I can see a building at the very end of The Rise on left side. With the number 25. Anyone knows what is this building?

Hi Andrea,

I noticed that building in the brochure before but never gave it a second thought till you mentioned it tonight. Must be a house, but not sure which type it will be, going by the plans. I can see other types similar to that house on the plans on the KCC website.

AndreaSoly wrote: »
    Hi All,

On the Kildare Co. Co. website under the Dedvelopment description I just spotted something:
    " 1 no. two storey crèche with floor area of 569m2 "
    And finally found on the map too. :) Good news for everyone who will look for a crèche in the future.It's not in the first Phase, but hopefully don't have to wait too many years until it's completed also.

When I look at the " (Jan 19) Cond No. 4 & 5 Site Plan Boundary " I can see a building at the very end of The Rise on left side. With the number 25. Anyone knows what is this building?

I've emailed Glenveagh and they seems to be very helpful. I was asking if we could get into our house just to take measurements ( to be able to pre-order floors etc.) and they come back saying:
    "Practical completion at Ledwill Park will not be before July as there are a number of works to be carried out prior at the development entrance and further works in connection with Irish Water. Due to health and safety protocols, we are unable to allow access at this time for measurements. Although, you will get a chance to do this during the snagging process (we will call you for snagging in the coming weeks, once practical completion is confirmed)"

I also asked question about the last building on the left side of The Rise and it confirmed to be a bungalow:
    " Number 25 The Rise will be a 4 bedroom bungalow that has not yet been launched to the market. "

I'm collecting samples of my kitchen units to help with buying my tiles etc. The kitchen company are very helpful. Just drop them an email if anyone wants samples.

• Advertisement

I'm collecting samples of my kitchen units to help with buying my tiles etc. The kitchen company are very helpful. Just drop them an email if anyone wants samples.

Hi Simon,

what colour is your kitchen unit? Is it the same ivory as it was in the bed semi detached show house?

Thanks!

Whatever the 4 bed semi d colour was. I thought it looked more like a grey as opposed to ivory. I can't remember anymore lol. Were the kitchens different compared to the 4 bed semis?.
    AndreaSoly wrote: »

Hi Simon,

what colour is your kitchen unit? Is it the same ivory as it was in the bed semi detached show house?

Thanks!

Whatever the 4 bed semi d colour was. I thought it looked more like a grey as opposed to ivory. I can't remember anymore lol. Were the kitchens different compared to the 4 bed semis?.

I haven't been in the 4 bed show house, but I have seen pictures by Ledwill park and for me it looks like there are 2 different kitchens. One of them looks more like a light grey colour ( I spouse it's the one in the 4 bed houses) and the kitchen in the 3 bed semi detached house is an ivory colour with a brown ( wooden style) worktop.

Yeah mine was defo a grey colour with white stone countertop. Looking at the photos now, the others houses look more like ivory.

Hi guys,

Just wondering, does anyone know if the skirting boards will be fixed on or just tacked to the walls?

We’d like to fit wooden floors so hoping the skirting boards can be easily removed!

Hi mate,

I asked glenveagh this a while back. They will be tacked to the walls so happy days.
    Hi guys,

Just wondering, does anyone know if the skirting boards will be fixed on or just tacked to the walls?

We’d like to fit wooden floors so hoping the skirting boards can be easily removed!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mur223

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the light fittings will be the exact same as seen in the show houses? i.e. light fixture above the breakfast bar/island?

Will just be the basic light fittings going by previous houses I bought. Prob best to ask glenveagh on that one.
    mur223 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the light fittings will be the exact same as seen in the show houses? i.e. light fixture above the breakfast bar/island?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LJG15

Hi guys,

They have told me that it will be tacked on downstairs but put on properly upstairs.

That's great news! Cheers guys!

We still haven't heard any update on snagging or when they'll be ready? anybody else?

• Advertisement

Radio silence as per the norm.

Completion in July was the last update.
    That's great news! Cheers guys!

We still haven't heard any update on snagging or when they'll be ready? anybody else?

Hi guys,

Hi,
    We asked this question to Glenveagh a couple of months ago and their response was the following:
    " All skirting boards are tacked on for the convenience of you being able to remove them easily depending on the flooring you desire."

I hope it helps!

Dimensions for 4 bed semi d kitchen

Integrated Fridge Freezer 70/30 - Standard dimensions
    Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Standard dimensions
    Eye Level Double Oven - Standard dimensions
    Free Standing Washer & Dryer in the Utility Room - Standard dimensions
    Hob cut out is 750 x 490 to allow for a wider Hob

Hi Simon,

I spoke today to a lady called Audrey in Gallagher s kitchens and she said the hob will be 600mm unless the kitchen hasn’t been installed yet and then they could make it 900 mm.

Who gave you those measurements? I’d like to follow up as I do t want to ah e a massive surprise.

Thanks a mill

Hi Ana,

Audrey gave me those measurements.

They are for the Dove type house.

Thanks,
    Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

Incase anyone is stalking this thread as a Phase 2 or 3 buyer like me, they have applied for an amendment to the planning permission and are not building any further 4 or 5 beds in the next 2 phases. Phase 2 is being split into 2A and 2B (creche in 2B) with 2A being a mix of 18 x dormer 2 beds, 2 and 3 beds and Phase 3 87 x 2 and 3 beds. They've also applied for permission to build more than the original figure in Phase 3, increasing numbers from 161 to 210.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dimka90

Hi All,

I'm just wondering, did anybody here back about when the houses will be ready for snagging? We just bought one at The Green!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭airportgirl83

Incase anyone is stalking this thread as a Phase 2 or 3 buyer like me, they have applied for an amendment to the planning permission and are not building any further 4 or 5 beds in the next 2 phases. Phase 2 is being split into 2A and 2B (creche in 2B) with 2A being a mix of 18 x dormer 2 beds, 2 and 3 beds and Phase 3 87 x 2 and 3 beds. They've also applied for permission to build more than the original figure in Phase 3, increasing numbers from 161 to 210.

Increase in the number of 2 beds is interesting imo More social housing or to cater for older people who want to downsize?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Starter homes, singles, couples, downsizers, retirees.

• Advertisement

Will only ever be the 10%

Advertisement