Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best snooker Hall in Dublin

Options
  • 03-03-2019 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've just picked the cue up after a 25 year hiatus.
    Living in North wicklow but working south Dublin.
    Back in the day there was the Workers club and the Premier in Dún Laoghaire aswell as the farm house.
    At the moment we're using the Ballinteer house but tables are a bit slopey.
    Can you recommend a good club with really good tables, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Back in the day there was the Workers club and the Premier in Dún Laoghaire aswell as the farm house.

Spawell is decent. Plenty of tables. Has a bar and can get grub sent up from the pub downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Spawell. Although a few of the tables there are ropey. The ones down the back.

Willows pub in Dundrum have 3 nice tables upstairs.

Kens place in Terenure is alright. Couple of nice tables there too.

I miss Jasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

What about the northside spots, is it worth a trip out to crossguns in Phibsboro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

*unfollows*

*unfollows*

???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Celbridge is well worth a visit. If it's good enough for Shaun Murphy and Fergal O'Brien...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Played for the first time in The Classic Finglas last week. Very nice tables, well run place. Tables covered at night as I was in early, you see the table Irons around which is a good sign. The table cloths were good and a consistent roll. Generous club pockets.
    Only thing I noticed and which is endemic in all club halls were tiny divots on the colour spots caused from people banging the colour ball back on the spots over a long period of time creating a divot on the slate rather than rolling the colour back onto the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

Although Crossguns is good , the fact that it has a sheet metal roof means the building inevitably gets cold which in turn makes the cloths on the tables have a slow/damp type of feel when playing on them.
    Haven't played in the Alsaa club by the airport in years but at the time they use to have a few decent tables. Always enjoyed playing in the classic but my ''local'' club nowadays would be Terry Rogers in Fairview. Although i only play occasionally nowadays they have numerous teams in the leagues, run competitions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭forgottenhills

Coming late on the thread just to say that there are snooker tables upstairs at Bray Bowl near the DART station in Bray. This location might be handy if you are coming from that side of Wicklow. They have 7 or 8 tables and they are in reasonable shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The Nal wrote: »
    Spawell. Although a few of the tables there are ropey. The ones down the back.

Willows pub in Dundrum have 3 nice tables upstairs.

Kens place in Terenure is alright. Couple of nice tables there too.

I miss Jasons.

What's your favourite table in kens and how does it compare to Willows?

• Advertisement

Playing in the q club in Wicklow Town the last few weeks, just 2 tables but the main table is a proper pro table, heated and well worth a visit.

I like the Willows in Dundrum, find the staff very nice and although the room is a little smelly tables are very good and cheap

Advertisement