Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Localising Anglicised name into Irish? Please help :)

• 17-08-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all :D This is my first post here, so hopefully this is in the right place! (Please let me know if not)

My middle name (Patricia) comes from my Grandfather's name (Patrick). However, he had moved back to Ireland and changed the spelling of his name legally to Padraig (forgive the lack of accents, my mini laptop doesn't have the numlock keys).

I was honestly hoping I could find a way to localise it. He never liked the Anglicised version of his name, so I don't particularly want to keep it this way either. I'm not really confident enough in my Gaelige ability to do so myself. I was thinking Padraigin as some form of Irish localisation? I'm yet to come across a feminine form other than that.

Any help is really appreciated :)! Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement