Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just found these in the coin box of my MAME cab

• 16-11-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

The cab was originally a NeoGeo MVS cab. I had not looked in the coin box for a long time and found these in there. Any good to anyone? Or are the worth anything?
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/UhYnoDV0z6fLMHsX2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Wow nice find,

Any pics of the cab too?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've never seen those SNK tags before.

Was your machine a Neo Geo 6 slot? The only thing I can think of is that maybe those tags were inserted into the cart slots as dust covers which you remove when you unpackage it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've never seen those SNK tags before.

Was your machine a Neo Geo 6 slot? The only thing I can think of is that maybe those tags were inserted into the cart slots as dust covers which you remove when you unpackage it?

Yeah - was a 6 slot. It says "Remove this cover when installing game cartridges"

Master of the Universe

Excellent, yeah that's exactly what I was thinking alright! :)

Given what they are, they'd have been the first thing to go in the bin when the operator got their hands on the unit. Can't find any scans of them online anywhere.

I wonder would an arcade preservation type site be interested in them, or even scans for posterity?

Excellent, yeah that's exactly what I was thinking alright! :)

Given what they are, they'd have been the first thing to go in the bin when the operator got their hands on the unit. Can't find any scans of them online anywhere.

I wonder would an arcade preservation type site be interested in them, or even scans for posterity?
    Yeah - maybe - know anyone I should contact ?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Hard MVS maybe?

They've loads of scans but I can't see your labels.

http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Main_Page#MVS_Misc

eddhorse wrote: »
    Wow nice find,

Any pics of the cab too?

Will when I get the chance !

Hard MVS maybe?

They've loads of scans but I can't see your labels.

http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Main_Page#MVS_Misc

Signed up to Media Wiki but I still can't log on to that MVS Site.

Here's the scan:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gQnJl0SvrnehvaA83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

Is it a lordsvale or electrocoin jobbie ? guessing from the monitor manual:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Signed up to Media Wiki but I still can't log on to that MVS Site.

Here's the scan:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gQnJl0SvrnehvaA83

If you can get a nice scan of it I'd love to stick it up on arcadeartwork.org if you were ok with that.

• Advertisement

Steve X2 wrote: »
    If you can get a nice scan of it I'd love to stick it up on arcadeartwork.org if you were ok with that.

Of course! What do you need ? Any specific resolution ? Or should I try and get one of them to you ?

Of course! What do you need ? Any specific resolution ? Or should I try and get one of them to you ?

As high resolution scan as you can get would be the best. The image you linked looks a bit funny, is it a picture of a screen or enlarged thumbnail?

Everything on my site is shared for free and no accounts required. I'll of course credit you for the image.

Master of the Universe

It looks like an SNK holographic label, so the light is refracting and creating that rainbow effect.

What should I do with the actual one ? Try one on Flea Bay ?

@Steve X2 is the last scan any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I certainly would like that MTC9000a circuit diagram, and the full MTC9000 manual too, if possible. I only have a printed copy.

PM me with details and postage, if you please.

@Steve X2 is the last scan any good ?

Yep thats perfect. I'll just clean it up a little and get it up on the site.

Thanks for that, I'm sure someone will be happy to see it up for download.

I certainly would like that MTC9000a circuit diagram, and the full MTC9000 manual too, if possible. I only have a printed copy.

PM me with details and postage, if you please.
    Sorry - bit confused - but are you offering to buy them or are you saying you want them for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Sorry - bit confused - but are you offering to buy them or are you saying you want them for free?
    I can buy them. If you want to keep them, I'd be happy enough with a scan of the MTC9000a circuit diagram. I haven't been able to find that one online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

You turned an MVS cab into a mame cab? I'm genuinely disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Go 'way with that elitist shite

I can buy them. If you want to keep them, I'd be happy enough with a scan of the MTC9000a circuit diagram. I haven't been able to find that one online.

Actually - I'll let you have them for free - I'd rather see them go to someone who really wants/needs them - PM Me your details

Yep - It was brand new still in it's box.

Or was it absolutely fecked???....hhmmmm...can't remember...

Yep - It was brand new still in it's box.

Or was it absolutely fecked???....hhmmmm...can't remember...

Ha yeah. Actually there was an Electrocoin MVS cab found in Croatia(I think it was Croatia) Spain recently, completely unopened. They unboxed it on you tube, amazing! Ill try find the video again...

I'd pay big big bucks for an unopened one.

*Edit* Here's the video I was refering to, on second viewing, I'm not sure it was brand new. What do you guy's think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Well thats amazing.

The monitor tube didnt look that fresh though.

Master of the Universe

That's an absolutely amazing find. I think the monitor looking a bit off is the recording rather then the CRT itself.

If the OP is ever going to sell the cab let me know. Id be interested in restoring it to all its MVS glory

Actually - the Hantarex Us 250 Power is still in it. That any use to anybody ?

Edit - here's a pic : 20171127_195845_1.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement