Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to DJing or production? Need help or advice? Post here

1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Hey, a friend of mine (who doesn't have a boards account, which is where I come) is just getting into DJing. He got this decks a while ago as a present

http://pioneerdj.com/english/products/controller/ddj-wego.html

And then picked up these speakers; http://www.gear4music.ie/Woodwind-Brass-Strings/Behringer-B1220-Eurolive-Pro-Passive-PA-Speaker/GUV

So now my question is what's the best and most cost effective way to fill in all the necessary gear in between? I've tried to do a bit of research but I keep getting lost in a maze of power amps and different input types.

Sooo yeah, any and all help would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭ando

Hi guys,

I want to join together about 150 songs together to create one MP3 filel, so I simply have to click on Play at the start of an evening for a full evenings entertainment. I want to cut maybe a few seconds off some of the songs at the start and end etc so there are no long intro's and endings. Can I get a recommendation of a software package that can do this? I don’t need advanced features, just something to join the mp3's together to create one file and the ability to edit/cut off a few seconds here and there.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Maysa07

ando wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I want to join together about 150 songs together to create one MP3 filel, so I simply have to click on Play at the start of an evening for a full evenings entertainment. I want to cut maybe a few seconds off some of the songs at the start and end etc so there are no long intro's and endings. Can I get a recommendation of a software package that can do this? I don’t need advanced features, just something to join the mp3's together to create one file and the ability to edit/cut off a few seconds here and there.

Thanks

Audacity - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I use it sometimes and works a treat.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

hi
    Please be gentle with a total amateur,
    The youth club I run decided to start running our own disco's and let the members themselves be the DJ's ,Learning as they go .
    Anyway we when with this as our starting point.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/KAM-KOMPACT-10-ACTIVE-PA-SYSTEM-400w-RMS-DJ-RIG-BAND-KAROKE-INC-STANDS-CABLES-/171565220894?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Speakers_Monitor&hash=item27f215841e

Now its ok in smaller halls/rooms but lacks a little volume in the bigger halls
    My questions are if I get 2 more speakers (has the connection points in the back of Amp) will that double the volume level we can reach ? Is it that simple?

Also a parent has offered us two other speakers (different made) can you get cables that have different connection units at either end so as to make these compatible .
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Yo!

Deciding between these three, to be used by a complete noob for home production with Ableton, obviously not looking to spend huge money and going for entry-level options, any experience/opinions/different route options welcome, cheers guys.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/akai_mpk_mini_mk2.htm

http://www.thomann.de/ie/m_audio_oxygen_49_mk4.htm

http://www.thomann.de/ie/novation_launchkey_25.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

What software do you use for producing? I don't even have a keyboard to plug in etc but im looking to play around with prducing a song - not remixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have been DJ'ing with a while but I want to start recording mixes now also.

I am currently using the Denon MC2000 contoller, with Serato Intro. I am using a Macbook Pro.

I ahve tried switching the headphone output to a microphone input, in order to use Audacity, but it will not work for me. Are there any other methods of recording Serato?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

The sticky on equipment seems to be a bit out of date.

My gf wants to get started DJing, would a Macbook, Traktor Kontrol S5 and a decent set of headphones be a good start?

Or would it be better to get a mixer & two xdjs?

She's a lucky girl either way!
    Depending on how serious she is, you could just get the home version of Virtual DJ and a second hand controller. If she wants to keep it up, you can always upgrade later.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

Who here is producing their own trance music? Im in love with trance.....And no not EDM, ugh. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Hey all,

I've been faffing around for quite a few years with mixing in the bedroom with the headphones on, but I feel it's time to take the show on the road. Other than the addition of clothing suitable for public places, I need to get decent speakers. I've got a good enough vinyl set up, mixer, turntables etc., but due to being increasingly cost prohibitive, I've switched to a controller and MP3 set up, and I don't have a clue what speakers I need. Do I need a pair? Can you get decent USB input ones? Any recommendations?

All help greatly appreciated!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

I've got a question: why are some dance vinyl singles released as 33rpm instead of 45?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Usually down to running time I suspect. You can fit more music on a 12" at 33rpm than at 45rpm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

12" @33 1/3 RPM: OPTIMAL - 12 to 14 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 22 minutes per side
    10" @33 1/3 RPM: OPTIMAL - 9 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 14 minutes per side
    7" @33 1/3 RPM: OPTIMAL - 5 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 9 minutes per side

12" @45 RPM: OPTIMAL - 9 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 15 minutes per side
    10" @45 RPM: OPTIMAL - 7 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 11 minutes per side
    7" @45 RPM: OPTIMAL - 3 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 6 minutes per side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

12" @33 1/3 RPM: OPTIMAL - 12 to 14 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 22 minutes per side
    10" @33 1/3 RPM: OPTIMAL - 9 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 14 minutes per side
    7" @33 1/3 RPM: OPTIMAL - 5 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 9 minutes per side

12" @45 RPM: OPTIMAL - 9 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 15 minutes per side
    10" @45 RPM: OPTIMAL - 7 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 11 minutes per side
    7" @45 RPM: OPTIMAL - 3 minutes per side, MAXIMUM - 6 minutes per side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Hello, very specific question here. Basically I'm making a video and I need to transition from one song to the next. So I'm looking for some free software that will allow me to quickly beatmatch two songs and save the resulting mix to be exported. Any advice on what would be the quickest simplest option? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Gelio wrote: »
    Hello, very specific question here. Basically I'm making a video and I need to transition from one song to the next. So I'm looking for some free software that will allow me to quickly beatmatch two songs and save the resulting mix to be exported. Any advice on what would be the quickest simplest option? Thanks

Never used it for that purpose myself but I'm sure that would be easily done in Reaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Audacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

This should do it.

http://www.mixxx.org/

Advertisement