Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'm guessing that could be explained by saying those people picked a team based on names they know and not based on the fixtures and when they didn't get any points this week (or were mocked in work/by friends) they decided to get rid.

Just a guess.

I'm holding my transfer, keeping my triple Southampton defence in hope spurs don't do too much.

Or some who weren't aware of the new deadline?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Might bank this week or possibly do Jimi to Tony Two Gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Thoughts on KWP out for Justin ?

Already have McCarthy as GK and Justin just got an assist. Anyone following Leicester know if he's nailed on in that RB position?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Thoughts on KWP out for Justin ?

Already have McCarthy as GK and Justin just got an assist. Anyone following Leicester know if he's nailed on in that RB position?

Nailed until Pereira is back I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

According to the site, Pereira is expected back 17 Oct which could see Justin get only three more games and one of them is away to City. I have Justin and am very glad I do but I don't think he is worth bringing in now. I also have KWP and don't see the point in using a transfer to get rid of him, fixtures are still reasonable and CP are a tough nut to crack. My other 4.5 def is Lewis, he could be a better option longer term than Justin if Newcastle have their act together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Got rid of Antonio. In Wilson. Have no Manchester players at all and feel exposed because of it. Not wildcarding yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

Had hoped to bank it but it looks like it will have to be Alli out Willian in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mane to KDB was the plan all along and I'm sticking to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Tempted by Son to Mahrez or Willian.
    But will give him another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

i kicked salah out lol
    to get kdb

how crazy was that? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I’ll be removing Son asap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Alli for James Rodriguez might be on the cards for me. He looked very sharp today and they have a great run of fixtures coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Kane was always a possible placeholder for me for Aguero. Even if he had got a cheap goal at the end there he'd be gone, Spurs were atrocious.

Likely Aggy in unless there's any doubt on him starting, will do Martial otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Alli for James Rodriguez might be on the cards for me. He looked very sharp today and they have a great run of fixtures coming up
    i cant believe he signed for everton lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

They really do, not sure it's worth a minus 4 though, and I really want Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 15,075 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Son to James is looking attractive right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

Going to drop Alli but can't decide between Willian or James Rodriguez?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Considering son out already. Spurs looked woeful today. Might take a hit elsewhere and get bruno in for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Happy with my 74 points so far . Werner and vinagre left . Just transferred Fernandes in for son. I'm very happy with my team

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭siblers

My plan was to do Son to Bruno but would base it off how good Spurs were, Son was very good in the first half but anonymous in the second, so think I'll pull the trigger. Would prefer to bank but already feel like I'm playing catch up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Morzadec wrote: »
    Kane was always a possible placeholder for me for Aguero. Even if he had got a cheap goal at the end there he'd be gone, Spurs were atrocious.

Likely Aggy in unless there's any doubt on him starting, will do Martial otherwise.

Thinking the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had planned on banking and still planning on sticking to the plan that I planned.

Will have no Manchester cover though so could be an interesting weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Considering son out already. Spurs looked woeful today. Might take a hit elsewhere and get bruno in for him
    siblers wrote: »
    My plan was to do Son to Bruno but would base it off how good Spurs were, Son was very good in the first half but anonymous in the second, so think I'll pull the trigger. Would prefer to bank but already feel like I'm playing catch up

Ditto, my plan was Salah to Bruno but now it's Son instead with the funds coming from Ings to Wood. Spurs were truly dreadful and even if they pull up their socks, I can't face Mourinhoball every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Reading Mourinho's comments about the match - he says they had little training - number of players had Covid - which he didn't name and others were in isolation and others aboard with national teams, so basically not all fully fit.

Will keep them for another few weeks - had they taken the lead may have played differently

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Reading Mourinho's comments about the match - he says they had little training - number of players had Covid - which he didn't name and others were in isolation and others aboard with national teams, so basically not all fully fit.

Will keep them for another few weeks - had they taken the lead may have played differently
    They should have scored two or three in the first half but were really poor in the second. Problem is that they haven't really impressed since Mourinho took over so not too hopeful there will be much improvement

Ditto, my plan was Salah to Bruno but now it's Son instead with the funds coming from Ings to Wood. Spurs were truly dreadful and even if they pull up their socks, I can't face Mourinhoball every week.

Think I'll give Ings another week, lots of teams look completely flat, going to be a tricky few weeks figuring out what players are up to speed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »
    Think I'll give Ings another week, lots of teams look completely flat, going to be a tricky few weeks figuring out what players are up to speed

There probably weren't too many players who stood out - Vardy and Salah both got 2 penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 15,075 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ace2007 wrote: »
    There probably weren't too many players who stood out - Vardy and Salah both got 2 penalties

Even excluding the penalties, it was the best Salah has played since lockdown IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

I'm thinking double Liverpool defense was not such a great idea. Alexander-Arnold to Digne seems a good option but will wait to see how Werner plays before deciding if having the two Liverpool defenders against Chelsea would be worth the risk next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭Shedite27

macraignil wrote: »
    I'm thinking double Liverpool defense was not such a great idea. Alexander-Arnold to Digne seems a good option but will wait to see how Werner plays before deciding if having the two Liverpool defenders against Chelsea would be worth the risk next week.

If you're gonna bail on Liverpool double defence after one game, the tactic isn't for you

Advertisement