Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Champions League 20/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Round 7 of the Champions League complete. Only 3 rounds to go in the Group Stages now, so squeaky bum time!!

Full results, fixtures and tables in pdf attachments. Any issues, let me know asap.

Next Round of Fixtures is FPL GW11, Saturday Dec 5th (start date may potentially change with tv fixtures).

Im0FCyc.png

HYyVMEN.png

Just a reminder that the next round of CL games takes place this weekend. Just 3 rounds left in the group stages, to be played 3 weekends in a row in FPL gw 11-13.

Best of luck to all.

Round 8 of the Champions League complete. Just 2 rounds to go in the Group Stages now, so we are really at the nitty gritty end of it.
    Full results, fixtures and tables in pdf attachments. Any issues, let me know asap.

Next Round of Fixtures is FPL GW12, Friday December 11th.

• Advertisement

oNe9tYq.png

mWZ1GR0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

Interesting 2 game weeks ahead... Top 2 in all groups are very tight, a lot to play for....

Good luck all....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Great job McBain. You are putting a lot of work in thia

Last round of Group Stage games ko midweek, fpl gw13, so a very quick turnaround.

Will update tables tomorrow night so everyone knows where they stand going into the last round.

Just to note there's a week off then after that and the knockout stages ko in gw15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

By my count, if I lose during the week and both Calmwood MH and Blood Crows win during the week I will be out.

And yet, if I win I automatically take the number 1 seed. Super close at the top and to be honest, I will raging if I'm knocked out after how strong my start was in spite of the high level of competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

In Eastern A I think I’m on top tonite but a win next week doesn’t guarantee me to top the group, I need J9 to also lose his match

Edit: scratch the above, Kathleen is top, funny enough I think if I beat her then I will go through

Round 9 of the Champions League completed. Just one more round to go, and lots of teams in with a chance of qualifying. If the permutations in my head are correct, 5 players in each conference are in with a chance of qualifying, with Tackling Sport and Stranger Ings guaranteed qualification but the all important rankings and who gets a bye to the CL semi finals to be sorted out.

Also, just remember h2h is the all important tie breaker, be it between 2 sides tied or 3 sides tied in the group. Once the group stage is sorted, if teams are tied on points in the conference for best runner up or conference top ranking, h2h also comes into play here as well.

Best of luck to all in the final round of games. Any issues with the tables or results, please let me know asap.

VxzgYfq.png

ta8piiS.png

My decider is literally just my Son and Che Adams vs DCL and Cavaleiro. Everything else is the same, even our first subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    My decider is literally just my Son and Che Adams vs DCL and Cavaleiro. Everything else is the same, even our first subs.

May the best man win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm resting all my lads this week as I'm already through :P

I see Kathleen has brought in Gundogan, so hes obviously going to score a hat-trick while Mahrez rots on the bench for me

Green&Red wrote: »
    I see Kathleen has brought in Gundogan, so hes obviously going to score a hat-trick while Mahrez rots on the bench for me
    Yikes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Green&Red wrote: »

First thing I thought of :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

LOL just gotta laugh

You could not make that up
    Cancelo with the yellow after the HT whistle too

Bravo Kathleen, some pick, I just wish you hadn’t done it when you were up against me

I don't know about you guys, but my nerves are shot and we're only 2 matches into the gameweek!

16ac61f5f155aea3c669cf82f258156d.gif

McBain11 wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys, but my nerves are shot and we're only 2 matches into the gameweek!

16ac61f5f155aea3c669cf82f258156d.gif

How do you think I felt when KDB swung in that cross for Gundogan to head home??

How do you think I felt when Dias stuck one in his own onion bag :pac:

This one will go right to the wire in a lot of ties. Went with the safe De Bruyne captain myself, after having Sterling captain until the last minute. Only 3 points difference, but that could be all it takes yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I nearly bought de Bruyne but even though his potential is unreal his actual returns didn't justify him ahead of Bruno. Gundogan was a cheap way into City attack but i did hate selling Son and he will be very pricy to buy back if i want him.

Son goal puts me on track for the number 1 spot. I need Cavaleiro to stay quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    Son goal puts me on track for the number 1 spot. I need Cavaleiro to stay quiet.

Well done. Getting rid of Son a few weeks ago is coming back to bite me.

• Advertisement

Well done. Getting rid of Son a few weeks ago is coming back to bite me.

Jesus, hard to imagine our squads being any more similar than they already are. Great minds etc. Can you still go through as the better runner up?

Advertisement