Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

AWBCDEF and Jurgen Crazy!

Hopefully this game won’t be too much work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

AWBCDEF and Jurgen Crazy!

Hopefully this game won’t be too much work.
    There's no price rises to worry about (the most stressful aspect IMO) and you can set your captains for each game day in advance of the gameweek starting. You can also make changes (captaincy or making transfers) right up until first kickoff on a game day. I don't find it hard to manage.

I will back on the fantasy football hub sky podcast on Sunday at 9:pm

The podcast has two past winners me and Dan cox. So you can learn from the best.

Here is the link to it. Don’t forget to Subscribe to the channel

https://youtu.be/_OJ33COodsc

See you all Sunday afternoon.
    Hopefully we get the TV fixtures tomorrow so we can start seriously planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

After almost a month of waiting I finally got the 50k off sky this morning.Let the fun begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

manual_man wrote:
    Hopefully we get the TV fixtures tomorrow so we can start seriously planning.

Yeah, Im waiting on this too.

I was thinking of setting up a separate thread to discuss team selections/captaincies based on the opening game weeks... up until the 1st overhaul. Week 4 I think it is?!?

Or would it better to keep all skysport FF discussion in one thread.

What's everyone's thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yeah, Im waiting on this too.

I was thinking of setting up a separate thread to discuss team selections/captaincies based on the opening game weeks... up until the 1st overhaul. Week 4 I think it is?!?

Or would it better to keep all skysport FF discussion in one thread.

What's everyone's thoughts?

I think a separate thread is a good idea especially for the beginners. It will make it clear what is happening after the first 4 game weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Are game weeks the same style as the offical FF?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FPL_Junior

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Are game weeks the same style as the offical FF?

No. International breaks count as a GW and some slightly differ.

How are we gettin on with our teams?

Martinez
    VVD Vinagre Tierney
    Bruno Saint-Maximin Armstrong Ziyech
    Werner(c) Auba(c) Son(c)

Martinez
    VVD Vinagre Justin
    KDB Bruno Barnes Pulisic
    Son(c) Ings(c) Jimenez(c)

0.1 in the bank in 1st team, allows Auba to KDB *edit* gw2. Nothing in the bank 2nd team though i think i could get away with no transfers barring injury until overhaul. Wait and see on Pulisic(injured). Martinez we'll see lineups prior to start is a great price at 6.3 if he starts ahead of Leno.

manual_man wrote: »

Martinez
    VVD Vinagre Tierney
    Werner(c) Auba(c) Son(c)

Martinez
    VVD Vinagre Justin
    KDB Bruno Barnes Pulisic

0.1 in the bank in 1st team, allows Auba to KDB gw3. Nothing in the bank 2nd team though i think i could get away with no transfers barring injury until overhaul. Wait and see on Pulisic(injured). Martinez we'll see lineups prior to start is a great price at 6.3 if he starts ahead of Leno.

Will be keeping my teams a closely guarded secret just like last year.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

Martinez
    VVD Vinagre Tierney
    Werner(c) Auba(c) Son(c)

Martinez
    VVD Vinagre Justin
    KDB Bruno Barnes Pulisic

0.1 in the bank in 1st team, allows Auba to KDB gw3. Nothing in the bank 2nd team though i think i could get away with no transfers barring injury until overhaul. Wait and see on Pulisic(injured). Martinez we'll see lineups prior to start is a great price at 6.3 if he starts ahead of Leno.

Good spot on Martinez, Saka is also worth a punt of he starts at 7m. I have most of the same players, main differences are Thomas, Robertson, Pereira (WBA), Saka, Mane and Vardy.

Will be keeping my teams a closely guarded secret just like last year.

How does that work when you have to talk on podcasts? I'm not a fan of podcasts so never listened but what do you talk about if you are not talking about individual players you rate and are going to pick?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    How does that work when you have to talk on podcasts? I'm not a fan of podcasts so never listened but what do you talk about if you are not talking about individual players you rate and are going to pick?

True valid point forget about that. Be a lot harder to keep my team a secret this season actually. Finding it hard to create a team I’m happy with so far.

True valid point forget about that. Be a lot harder to keep my team a secret this season actually. Finding it hard to create a team I’m happy with so far.

You'll have to create a large watch list and be very generous in your praise of all the obvious picks.

On keeping your team a secret, I'm sure if someone really wanted to they could crack your team quick enough or at least the majority of it after week 1.

You'll have to create a large watch list and be very generous in your praise of all the obvious picks.

On keeping your team a secret, I'm sure if someone really wanted to they could crack your team quick enough or at least the majority of it after week 1.

Last season I had most of the top players teams sussed out. Really looking forward to the next to new season already. What’s you target this season ?

Last season I had most of the top players teams sussed out. Really looking forward to the next to new season already. What’s you target this season ?

I'm an optimist like yourself and would give myself a very small chance of winning it. I'm entering a few mini leagues this time though so would settle for winning them which will probably need another top 50 or so finish.

Edit - when I say settle I really mean I'd be delighted :-)

I'm an optimist like yourself and would give myself a very small chance of winning it. I'm entering a few mini leagues this time though so would settle for winning them which will probably need another top 50 or so finish.

Edit - when I say settle I really mean I'd be delighted :-)

No reason why you can’t win it. I’m
    Aiming for another top 50 finish will be happy with that. Never entered cash leagues last year might give them ago aswell.

Play it to win it. It's a tough ask. But ya gotta aim for the summit

I will back on the fantasy football hub sky podcast on Sunday at 9:pm

The podcast has two past winners me and Dan cox. So you can learn from the best.

Here is the link to it. Don’t forget to Subscribe to the channel

https://youtu.be/_OJ33COodsc

See you all Sunday afternoon.

If anybody wants something to pass their Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Bruno and KDB surely must haves but are people starting with either? I'm trying to put a plan together to get both in for GW 2 so I've 11 for GW 1 but struggling to fit in both

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Bruno and KDB surely must haves but are people starting with either? I'm trying to put a plan together to get both in for GW 2 so I've 11 for GW 1 but struggling to fit in both

I’m having Bruno in from GW1 and brining In kdb on Monday 21st For one of my strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I’m having Bruno in from GW1 and brining In kdb on Monday 21st For one of my strikers.

I see makes sense :)

Is saving the transfer on bringing in Bruno worth not fielding someone in Gw1?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I see makes sense :)

Is saving the transfer on bringing in Bruno worth not fielding someone in Gw1?

No point having a player for one gameweek then shipping Out that next Saturday. Be a waste of a transfer. So best just to keep in and save transfer for later on in the year.

Is everyone automatically entered into the league at Donegal 1234 won last season

Is everyone automatically entered into the league at Donegal 1234 won last season

You aren’t entered into any leagues automatically you have to enter in them youself.

You aren’t entered into any leagues automatically you have to enter in them youself.

Which league was it that you won?

Which league was it that you won?

I won every league since I came first overall.

You can win the 50k overall prize if that's what you are really asking.

You can win the 50k overall prize if that's what you are really asking.

I was asking, which league is the one with 50,000 prize...my brother is convinced he can win it

• Advertisement

I was asking, which league is the one with 50,000 prize...my brother is convinced he can win it

The only way you can win the 50k is by wining the whole thing. Their is no 50k prize in any leagues.

Advertisement