Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

St. Joseph's Clonsilla

• 12-06-2020 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Is anyone in the hunt for one on the new houses in Clonsilla. I spoke with the EA and phase 2 is being launched soon. Just wondering what people's thoughts are on the new development and what it will be like as an area? The houses look good and it is close to the train line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭doogie!

Not too much interest in this development it seems!!! Anyone living in Clonsilla have any opinions on the area, good, bad or indifferent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You might be better asking in the D15 forum. D15 is very varied one estate can be entirely different from another. Half a mile can make a huge difference.

beauf wrote: »
    You might be better asking in the D15 forum. D15 is very varied one estate can be entirely different from another. Half a mile can make a huge difference.

Thanks will do ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

doogie! wrote: »
    Is anyone in the hunt for one on the new houses in Clonsilla. I spoke with the EA and phase 2 is being launched soon. Just wondering what people's thoughts are on the new development and what it will be like as an area? The houses look good and it is close to the train line.

I bought one of the 3 bed Pearls in the first phase. Mine is expected to be finished in late October. I went to view the show house this week and was very impressed. The house feels spacious and the design is well thought out. I live in Ashtown currently and wanted to stay on the train line for work, which is what attracted me to St Josephs. The 39a is very close and is a good route into town. The 39 is even closer. Blanchardstown shopping centre is about a ten minute drive. I also love being near the canal for exercise. I think it's a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Luluk wrote: »
    I bought one of the 3 bed Pearls in the first phase. Mine is expected to be finished in late October. I went to view the show house this week and was very impressed. The house feels spacious and the design is well thought out. I live in Ashtown currently and wanted to stay on the train line for work, which is what attracted me to St Josephs. The 39a is very close and is a good route into town. The 39 is even closer. Blanchardstown shopping centre is about a ten minute drive. I also love being near the canal for exercise. I think it's a great spot.

Is there a price list anywhere online for the development?

• Advertisement

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Is there a price list anywhere online for the development?

The prices used to be up on daft, but I'm only seeing Price on Application now that the first phase is sold out. I would suggest reaching out to Savills if you're interested in buying. They will add you to the mailing list for updates when the second phase is launched.

Luluk wrote: »
    The prices used to be up on daft, but I'm only seeing Price on Application now that the first phase is sold out. I would suggest reaching out to Savills if you're interested in buying. They will add you to the mailing list for updates when the second phase is launched.

Prices below:
    "*€315,000 for a mid-terraced two-bed spanning 1,005 sq ft.

*A three-bed mid-terraced style with 1,083 sq ft of living space costs from €340,000.

*A three-bed end-of-terrace design measuring 1,260 sq ft is priced from €390,000, while a semi-detached version of that style is selling for €405,000.

*Prices for a 1,491-sq ft, three-bed semi with a study and two living rooms start at €435,000, while the sole four-bed detached style in this tranche measures 1,561 sq ft and costs from €500,000."

doogie! wrote: »
    Prices below:
    "*€315,000 for a mid-terraced two-bed spanning 1,005 sq ft.

*A three-bed mid-terraced style with 1,083 sq ft of living space costs from €340,000.

*A three-bed end-of-terrace design measuring 1,260 sq ft is priced from €390,000, while a semi-detached version of that style is selling for €405,000.

*Prices for a 1,491-sq ft, three-bed semi with a study and two living rooms start at €435,000, while the sole four-bed detached style in this tranche measures 1,561 sq ft and costs from €500,000."

Are those prices for the second phase? If so, looks like they haven't changed from the first phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Any updates from those interested or who bought?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 spicebagnoveg

Pink11 wrote: »
    Any updates from those interested or who bought?

Interested in buying haven't bought yet. Was talking to the EA with Savills and they mentioned a third phase which they hope to launch before end of year. Besides from that there's no other updates.

Has anyone heard anything else?

• Advertisement

I bought at the end of Phase 1. Expecting my house to be ready in October. Someone else I know is already snagging, so I expect people will be moving in to the estate very soon, if not already.

Thanks for the feedback. And congrats on the purchase Luluk.

I'm going to view next week.

Thanks for the feedback. And congrats on the purchase Luluk.

I'm going to view next week.

How long did you wait to get a viewing? The EA still hasn't gotten back to me yet with a date and it's been over 2 weeks since we last talked. I understand that due to covid there's limited viewings but would love to see these homes in person.

How long did you wait to get a viewing? The EA still hasn't gotten back to me yet with a date and it's been over 2 weeks since we last talked. I understand that due to covid there's limited viewings but would love to see these homes in person.

I actually have to wait until Monday to get confirmation after some back and forth the last 2/3 weeks also! I was also told viewings can only occur Mon - fri between 9-6pm which is very difficult for us to organise with work.

To be honest, bar one or two agents I contacted for viewings etc (we're looking at all new devs and keeping options open) I find them pretty poor at getting back to me. I'm chasing them. I thought it'd be the other way round but goes to show the supply/demand ratio right now.

Feeling very stressed and disheartened at the moment. FTB here obviously!

Update: no one contacted me today ha-ha. Maybe this renting lark ain't so bad after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Newhomebuyer

I actually have to wait until Monday to get confirmation after some back and forth the last 2/3 weeks also! I was also told viewings can only occur Mon - fri between 9-6pm which is very difficult for us to organise with work.

To be honest, bar one or two agents I contacted for viewings etc (we're looking at all new devs and keeping options open) I find them pretty poor at getting back to me. I'm chasing them. I thought it'd be the other way round but goes to show the supply/demand ratio right now.

Feeling very stressed and disheartened at the moment. FTB here obviously!

True. A few of them just dismiss you saying I have 50 other people like you lined up. Like wtf

True. A few of them just dismiss you saying I have 50 other people like you lined up. Like wtf

Exactly the attitude I get from most. It's so demotivating.

Update: no one contacted me today ha-ha. Maybe this renting lark ain't so bad after all!

They still didn't get back to you yet about the viewing? I'm actually going to contact them this afternoon to see if we can get any response from them.

It must be because of the demand for these homes?

They still didn't get back to you yet about the viewing? I'm actually going to contact them this afternoon to see if we can get any response from them.

It must be because of the demand for these homes?

Nope. It's been a constant chase for weeks now. Actually had my hopes up that I'd get an answer yesterday as to when we potentially could come.

Any luck on your side?

I also think it's due to the strange viewing times. Can only go 9-5/6 mid-week which isn't really possible for us due to work. Would need to take time off.

If HTB was applicable to second-hand properties too I'd definitely abort the new build option at this point.

Nope. It's been a constant chase for weeks now. Actually had my hopes up that I'd get an answer yesterday as to when we potentially could come.

Any luck on your side?

I also think it's due to the strange viewing times. Can only go 9-5/6 mid-week which isn't really possible for us due to work. Would need to take time off.

If HTB was applicable to second-hand properties too I'd definitely abort the new build option at this point.

I'm really sorry to hear that and honestly hope you get your viewing soon!

Yeah I agree that the Mon-Fri 9-6 isn't ideal at all.

No luck from my side, I actually got a response from the EA this evening but it was only to see if I was interested in one of the four bedroom homes they still have from phase 2. No followup for viewing or anything.

• Advertisement

I'm really sorry to hear that and honestly hope you get your viewing soon!

Yeah I agree that the Mon-Fri 9-6 isn't ideal at all.

No luck from my side, I actually got a response from the EA this evening but it was only to see if I was interested in one of the four bedroom homes they still have from phase 2. No followup for viewing or anything.

Thanks you too. Had no reply to my emails so going to try ringing again tomorrow.

I am interested in seeing the 4 bed too and even still can't get a viewing slot :pac:

Anyone have any idea how packed the trains are pre-Covid? (into city centre)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 briefgate

Are people still queuing overnight for new house releases?

In case you're wondering, here's the latest pricelist from their final launch

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mg1989

Hi,

We bought a house of type jade in second phase.
    Is there a group of people who bought at st joseph to connect with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paaulet

Mg1989 wrote: »
    Hi,

We bought a house of type jade in second phase.
    Is there a group of people who bought at st joseph to connect with?

Hi! My boyfriend and I got a Jade house too. We are moving mid November hopefully! Nice to connect with you, future neighbor :)

Advertisement