Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro game music covers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

So many memories in this tune alone... I've wanted to cover it from the beging but kept delaying it. Not sure why but glad I did it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That is amazing, brings it all back. How many banjos do you have? I like that hand swipe in the bottom right ! Very good thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Cracking cover Ollie, you nailed it. Amazing tune, evokes a lot of gaming memories :)

So , this is now on the internet :)

Totally forgot about that game. Thanks.
    Great work as always, bit more comedy too :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Awesome stuff!
    One of my favourite tunes ever, I was into Bomb da Bass back in the late 80's and had that album on vinyl and cassette, still have it on CD!
    Megablast, pure class!
    Thanks Ollie!

I remember the first time I heard the tune I was in Germany in 89 (they were actually taking down the wall too !! ) , I was staying with a family and they had an Atari ST and the guy had just got the game . We couldn't believe what was coming out of the monitor speakers ! :o

I must have played that on PC then...hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1 not2difficult

Im an Amiga fan - Any chance you might consider doing Hybris?
    And for mega cheese points - W I N G S ... of .... [ D ] [ E ] [ A ][ T ] [ H ] !!

soooo... good guess Ciderman :D
    Also I've recently been chatting with original composer, Chris Huelsbeck and we're going to release an officially licenced album of turrican covers by yours trully :)
    I've a lot of work on my hands for it but I'm hopping to have something completed by October...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

That's, frankly, amazing. That 'Devo' like rapid playing at the end was great.

Incredible as always Ollie

couldn't be done someone said :D

Starting a Megaman 2 month in june. Planning on doing 4 covers, 1 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

BGOllie wrote: »
    couldn't be done someone said :D

Starting a Megaman 2 month in june. Planning on doing 4 covers, 1 per week.

Holy... Feckin... Sh!t... Ollie, that's amazing... My favourite one yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Gods cover is fantastic, that looked quite tough to pull off.

If you're ever stuck for one to do, I'd love to see this covered. Phantom 2040 intro theme for the SNES. Runs until about the 2.00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ALA574jDo

did a full month of Megaman 2 covers . totally forgot to post them here :)

Also got Flashman and Woodman on the channel ;)

I'm really enjoying those painting tutorials Ollie, truly brilliant stuff. I want to learn how to do that type of thing now myself, but am a complete beginner. Any tips on how to begin sketching? :o

Just get some brushes and paint and watch and copy a few of Bob Ross's videos. Don't buy all the fancy paints and brushes though :)#
    As gimmicky as it is, it's a good foundation of classical techniques and teaches you to work in layers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Ollie I remember a good while back you said it was cool to post other covers on this thread.

I hope thats still the csse and I'm not thread spoiling! :o

Just came across this awesome cover which is a medley or the Road Rash 3 soundtrack, it's seriously good!

Few more cool ones....

• Advertisement

lol. so that's why my phone was beeping twitter alerts all night ... :)
    Banjo Girl Fiona wasn't impressed

Time to start putting the phone on silent at night, before fame overwhelms you both! :D

Banjo Girl Fiona said something similar too ... although it involved more spikes and my backside instead of overwhelming fame.
    I'm 78% sure she said in in jest though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just watched your Gods cover, brilliant! Brought a smile to my face that, always remember it as one of my favourite soundtracks on the Amiga. Full Contact would be another (also contains a fighter animation that was lifted straight from a particular 80's martial arts flick).

BGOllie wrote: »
    Banjo Girl Fiona said something similar too ... although it involved more spikes and my backside instead of overwhelming fame.
    I'm 78% sure she said in in jest though

Watch behind you just in case...
    hqdefault.jpg

Asgore theme from Undertale. Sporting some fine Lazer Steak gear (thanks Jack Burton ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Awesome stuff as usual Ollie

Started making these "guitaraoke" videos a while back . I get asked, for guitar tabs of my covers a lot (even though I play banjo :) ) so i figured I'd make these

last from undertale for a while. :) the ruins theme
    Working on the Monkey Island theme next :D

• Advertisement

I was sent this ukulele by Kala (the guys who sent me the u-bass) back in July.
    I haven't had the chance to do much with it till just recently :)

Advertisement