Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UK Amazon Appstore Welcome Pack

• 25-12-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

In addition to Today's free app of the day (Angry Birds Star Wars II), the 10 apps/games below are free also under the name Welcome Pack.

LINK

UK_WelcomePack_RightRoto_300x250._V364934158_.jpg

Moon Phase Pro

My Alarm Clock

Stellarium Mobile Sky Map

Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga

Handrite Notes Notepad Pro

PrinterShare Mobile Print

Photo Studio PRO (Kindle Tablet Edition)

SPC - Music Sketchpad 2

Another Monster at the End of This Book...Starring Grover & Elmo! (Kindle Tablet Edition)

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

sk282 wrote: »
    In addition to Today's free app of the day (Angry Birds Star Wars II), the 10 apps/games below are free also under the name Welcome Pack.

LINK

UK_WelcomePack_RightRoto_300x250._V364934158_.jpg

Moon Phase Pro

My Alarm Clock

Stellarium Mobile Sky Map

Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga

Handrite Notes Notepad Pro

PrinterShare Mobile Print

Photo Studio PRO (Kindle Tablet Edition)

SPC - Music Sketchpad 2

Another Monster at the End of This Book...Starring Grover & Elmo! (Kindle Tablet Edition)

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Probably a stupid question but .... can these be loaded on to an iPad or just an android tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

Only wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but .... can these be loaded on to an iPad or just an android tablet?

Android only, try THIS and THIS for iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Thanks a million! Am new to all this - got an iPad today but have been in 'thick' world up to this so have a lot to learn :o

Only wrote: »
    Thanks a million! Am new to all this - got an iPad today but have been in 'thick' world up to this so have a lot to learn :o

No problem, just keep an eye on here for the free stuff and for all the rest check the Tech section. Link

Well the name changed but 10 more free again today...

LINK

UK_GreatestHits_RightRoto_300x250._V365020523_.jpg

Ultimate Hangman HD

Where's My Perry?

Chimpact

The Lost City

From Cheese

Fraction Calculator Plus

Business Calendar

Daily Ab Workout

Osmos HD

Voxel Invaders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Alan70

Thanks op, relax melodies premium quality

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Raging I missed on the free sonic 2 yesterday but grabbed a few of the new ones today. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

How do you get the Android app store to work in Ireland? I can browse the apps but when i try to install one (even one that is free), I get a message saying

"check that your billing address and payment method are from a supported country"

My billing address/credit card are registered to Irish addresses.

Thanks

How do you get the Android app store to work in Ireland? I can browse the apps but when i try to install one (even one that is free), I get a message saying

"check that your billing address and payment method are from a supported country"

My billing address/credit card are registered to Irish addresses.

Thanks

As far as I can remember I had to change my default delivery address to a UK one (Parcel Motel) under 1-Click settings, then you can turn 1-Click ordering off if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

got it working. I ahd to add a UK address to my account and also setupa UK credit card address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Today's free app is Ewallet (Ilium Software) value €7.77 in the Play Store. Have no idea how to include link for the app :(

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

magicEye wrote: »
    Today's free app is Ewallet (Ilium Software) value €7.77 in the Play Store. Have no idea how to include link for the app :(

Enjoy!

I went to play store and its showing up as 7.99? And i have to register a card?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

brendan86 wrote: »
    I went to play store and its showing up as 7.99? And i have to register a card?

You need the Amazon app first, Linky http://www.amazon.co.uk/mobile-apps/b?ie=UTF8&node=1661657031

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Thanks got it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

got the free eWallet App but the Welcome App no longer seems to be available unless anyone else can shed some light on thins :(

got the free eWallet App but the Welcome App no longer seems to be available unless anyone else can shed some light on thins :(

This is an old post and those packs are no longer available unfortunately. Just one free app like eWallet each day at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Installed the Amazon app on my android device but got put in the US market.

Is there an easy way to switch between the markets? Changing the (device) language from English (US) to English (UK) was suggested but is not applicable in this instance (already set to UK).

Fnz wrote: »
    Installed the Amazon app on my android device but got put in the US market.

Is there an easy way to switch between the markets? Changing the (device) language from English (US) to English (UK) was suggested but is not applicable in this instance (already set to UK).

I think it is related to your default delivery adress and payment method in One-Click settings.

sk282 wrote: »
    I think it is related to your default delivery adress and payment method in One-Click settings.

Just checked. Default shipping address, including 1-Click, is set to Eire. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but which app did you install? UK or US?

UK App: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?docId=1000644603
    US App: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/android

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but which app did you install? UK or US?

UK App: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?docId=1000644603
    US App: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/android

Installed using link from uk amazon page.

Perhaps it's because I take advantage of a US address for buying games from amazon.com.

Fnz wrote: »
    Just checked. Default shipping address, including 1-Click, is set to Eire. :confused:

If you have a UK address try that, mine is set to Parcel Motel. Also is this happening from your phone/tablet only or is it the same from the computer?

Edit: Just saw that you were able to install from the UK link, there are some settings also if you go to "Your Apps & Devices" link under "Your Account" on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

On amazon.co.uk go to Your Account | Manage Your Kindle.

In the menubar on the left, under Your Kindle Account click Country Settings. Probably set to the US there.

You'll also need to uninstall and re-install the App Store, it doesn't matter which Amazon site you get it from, it'll connect to the country specified in your account settings.

Advertisement