Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

treadmill , best value?

• 21-03-2020 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey all, in desperate times I'm taking the plunge to get a treadmill for home use. Any recommendations?

Prob looking for something for a relative newbie and good value

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Even if there is a lockdown I would be very surprised if people were not allowed out for a solo run or cycle.

Saying that someone said on another thread that bike turbo sales are up x10.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭junebabies

If we go lockdown like Italy and Spain did we will only be able to leave house for shopping or pharmacy and to walk the dog no more than 50m from your house so running definitely out of the question.

I'm also looking at buying a treadmill as daughter is a runner and I am park run runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Will just the indoor bike if lockdown comes. Don't feel like spending over a 1000 on a good threadmill when too much uncertainty out there with the economy. Once this is all over the market for threadmills will be flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

Hi, I recently bought the Reebok ZR10. I got a good deal on it from Sports Direct but Argos have currently got it at a reduced price. You can easily find the specs etc online, but it has a 2hp mptpr, max speed of 18km/h, 15 levels of incline, relatively decent size running area etc. It is not gym standard, but it is not entry level and for a 'relative newbie' I reckon it would be ample. There are also lower cost, lower spec machines in the Reebok range (from the same retailers) that could suit your needs. Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know, but a good motor and a good size running area should be two of your key considerations, with max speed and max user weight also important. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Hi,

Thought I'd bump, rather than start another short treadmill thread.

In the market for a mill, getting dodgy after a few near misses with cars on the country roads last winter.

Has anyone recommendations? Probably more interested in a robust machine, rather than the fancy Dan connected smart machines. Currently cover 50 or 60 k per week on the roads myself, so would need something hardy if some of the others in the house decide to use it too

Any ideas etc welcome. TIA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭randombar

Thread rebump if that's ok.

On the market myself.

Mostly for herself, fast paced walking but I might give it a go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

mcsport had a few. There is a thread that i started in the Athletics forum where alot of good advice came from other posters.

I didn't buy in the end, injured foot now and not sure how long i be out

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭flipflophead22

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I'm using a proform 545i, good solid treadmill HOWEVER I put it together on july 28th and by sept 4th the control board wasn't working and needed replacement, it took till last week for icon (proform ireland distributor) to send an engineer to replace board and motor.. seems to be going fine again now..
    The engineer fixing it stated that he had replaces alot.of boards over the summer on proform due to what's seems to be a faulty batch of them

Advertisement