Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

1159160161162163165»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Longford? How's Longford? It's somewhere I know exists somewhere.

I've to get my first crown. I'd no idea what they are but I do wonder why people become dentists.

Ah it's grand, very country but we are currently renting 2 minutes from my home house so I don't mind. Country living for the kids is great tbh. My folks have a farm, last weekend we dug a big vegetable patch and have to sow it this weekend. Its super.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ah there's still a bit of life in this old thread :D

How's everyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Unreal that it's almost June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

Unreal that it's almost June.

Unreal that it's still raining! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It has been a truly rotten May weather wise. Thing is though, if May is stunning June and July are often pretty poor afterwards.

Here’s hoping for a better June! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I want September to be gorgeous!
    (supposed to be getting married, we've put it off twice. Don't wana do that again!)
    Hon the sunshine!

Anyone else avin a rum and listening to Praise You no?
    I understand it may be a bit of along shot!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Panthro wrote: »
    Anyone else avin a rum and listening to Praise You no?
    I understand it may be a bit of along shot!

Away outta that with your late 90s stuff.

I'm sorry. It was the rum posting..
    It somehow rendered me nostalgic!

Good weekend everyone? Lovely bbq here yesterday. Wake up today to the pishin rain.
    Nice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Enjoyed it, had some family over to visit for the first time in over a year, so had some lunch in a restaurant outside in their beer garden enjoying the sunshine and my first fathers day as a father :D

Took 3 weeks off work as herself was going back to work after maternity leave so the little one was gonna have a bit of a shock. The weather has been unreal for it.

Been out for 2-3 walks a day every day with the little one, it's lovely going for a walk on the beach or down to the park and relaxing with a coffee watching the world go by as she snoozes.

One week left and so making the most of it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Enjoyed it, had some family over to visit for the first time in over a year, so had some lunch in a restaurant outside in their beer garden enjoying the sunshine and my first fathers day as a father :D

Took 3 weeks off work as herself was going back to work after maternity leave so the little one was gonna have a bit of a shock. The weather has been unreal for it.

Been out for 2-3 walks a day every day with the little one, it's lovely going for a walk on the beach or down to the park and relaxing with a coffee watching the world go by as she snoozes.

One week left and so making the most of it. :)

Fair play man. That age is a great time. I miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Good weekend everyone?
    It was great. Took a nice stroll to Gameshtop, watched sport, chilled out in my new woven shorts and took my Jordan F1 flags out of storage. Gonna hang them up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Does anyone here build Lego Technic? I went back to it this year and built a McLaren and a Jeep :cool:

Not Technic but a while back I got the Lego Yellow Submarine and a couple of weeks ago bought the Lego Ecto 1 (car from Ghostbusters), Havent started on it yet, its about 2500 pieces and I have two toddlers so difficult to find somewhere to keep it out of reach from little hands.

In other news, got an exam result yesterday, successfully passed it so Ive now gained the qualification I was going for. Felt I had passed it but you never bloody know, chuffed to have it over the line, there may be some beers had tonight. :D

Nice one Gato, well done!
    Beer cat says meeeeoww!

Nice one Gato, well done!
    Beer cat says meeeeoww!

Hes always lurking.

Lurking and waiting.

:pac:

• I looked at Technic awhile ago and there was just too much choice. I couldn't really select one to fit my skill level or my kids skill level. And I got distracted and gave up. Didn't want something too easy that would just bore the kids and make them lose interest. Also didn't want something way too hard so they give up and lose interest :)

Might look at it again. (Daughter nearly 11 and son just turned 7 and are generally relatively technical and arty for their age so would likely aim for something above their age like mid-late-teens level).

Recently we have started building our own Telecaster Style Guitars. That's been fun but a slow enough project as we keep putting it down and coming back to it as time allows.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I tried Lego and then Mechano with my two girls when they were young which went down well enough, but nothing special. I also got them a couple of chemistry kits which went down very well; messy, smelly, colourful and blowing things up. What's not to like? Eldest is now very much a science and maths nerd in final year physics in UCD so money not entirely wasted. Put together a decent electronics lab with her in lockdown with scope, signal injector, soldering station and a variety of components, breadboard, transducers and stepper motors. Great craic and a decent electronics kit would be fun to have with slightly older kids.
    Lego Technic also sounds like great fun, but will probably have to wait for grandkids before getting the excuse for that purchase.

Advertisement