Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dirtboxsniff

Seems he got rid of the old yes man boxing coach for this camp. Thank jeysus. And no I don't mean owen roddy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sporting a nice shiner on his latest post, must of got a few decent sparring partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,579 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Dustin's coach predicting KO RD 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

walshb wrote: »
    Dustin's coach predicting KO RD 3!

His boxing coach. He's probably the 3rd man in the corner. (not quite Phil Sutcliffe giving his 2c though)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

if he ditches the boxing stuff that clearly didn't work out last time I reckon he will win and do it in style otherwise he will just be getting his leg messed up again and finished in the 2nd.

• Advertisement

crybaby wrote: »
    if he ditches the boxing stuff that clearly didn't work out last time I reckon he will win and do it in style otherwise he will just be getting his leg messed up again and finished in the 2nd.

Dustin has to survive the first round, he does that, it's his to lose. I do expect it will be a tough 1st round though.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

The first round is so important for Mcgregor, he needs to get this done quickly.
    I wonder if sence Kavanagh has a plan for those kicks he said you can't train or defend for.
    Even if Mcgregor loses, he's still the biggest name in the sport and will always get the big fights.
    Hope Dustin does the biz again though.

The first round is so important for Mcgregor, he needs to get this done quickly.
    I wonder if sence Kavanagh has a plan for those kicks he said you can't train or defend for.
    Even if Mcgregor loses, he's still the biggest name in the sport and will always get the big fights.
    Hope Dustin does the biz again though.

I think even White will have a hard time promoting him if he loses this one.

If he loses again I don't know what he can do next. The last drop of mystique will be gone. He'll probably switch to exhibition boxing for the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,511 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The gravy train from MMA ends in 2 weeks ,
    I predict he losses in 2 & never fights again in MMA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

rob316 wrote: »
    I think even White will have a hard time promoting him if he loses this one.
    If he loses again I don't know what he can do next. The last drop of mystique will be gone. He'll probably switch to exhibition boxing for the cash.

The UFC have no stars besides him, he sells 1Million PPVs fighting a paper bag which is more than all over the other champions combined, so believe me Dana will make a fight for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Poirier by submission is a great price at 9/1

The UFC have no stars besides him, he sells 1Million PPVs fighting a paper bag which is more than all over the other champions combined, so believe me Dana will make a fight for him.

Yeah he'll still be a draw, but I wonder whether there's any point continuing to fight for less money than boxing, taking damage when he could have those exhibition fights where it's just for fun and he makes tonnes of cash.

Poirier by submission is a great price at 9/1

Rear naked choke after Conor takes a bit of a hammering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Yeah he'll still be a draw, but I wonder whether there's any point continuing to fight for less money than boxing, taking damage when he could have those exhibition fights where it's just for fun and he makes tonnes of cash.

Taking damage? he's hardly become a punch bag........has he ever been bloodied ? apart from being covered in Nates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Taking damage? he's hardly become a punch bag........has he ever been bloodied ? apart from being covered in Nates
    Mendes cut him open above his eye and then went for a rummage in the cut.

He's taken plenty of hard blows Nate twice, Mendes, Khabib , Dustin & Floyd

Having a good chin doesn't mean it din't happen ,

I mean going forward if he loses. He can continue to fight elite fighters in the UFC and take damage or he can choose the cosy route and make more money.

He said it himself he wants to get in, get rich, get out. This is how he does it.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Mendes cut him open above his eye and then went for a rummage in the cut.

Yeah he's had nicks sure I get them all the time shaving :rolleyes:....hardly Ferguson or Rockhold levels of 'taking damage'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭RoryMac

If he loses again to Poirier he'll be in the ring with one of the Paul's within a year

• Advertisement

RoryMac wrote: »
    If he loses again to Poirier he'll be in the ring with one of the Paul's within a year

Nah Conor won't go there , to much of a risk of losing ,people always seem to forget how big the Paul brothers are they should be fitting LHW's or MW's at best ,Conor was FW for god sake

Conor won't take that chance unless Paul gets smashed up in the mean time ,

Nah Conor won't go there , to much of a risk of losing ,people always seem to forget how big the Paul brothers are they should be fitting LHW's or MW's at best ,Conor was FW for god sake

Conor won't take that chance unless Paul gets smashed up in the mean time ,

Bad match up against a utuber is it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Yeah he's had nicks sure I get them all the time shaving :rolleyes:....hardly Ferguson or Rockhold levels of 'taking damage'
    You asked if he's been bloodied. That cut was a bit more than a nick, especially with Mendes jamming his fingers in it..

Well neither are pro boxers ,
    Having a big height and weight disadvantage make it tricky for the smaller more skilled guy
    Obviously we have no idea how good that Paul chap is but will probably find out against Woodley

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Aldo bloodied him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭xtal191

2nd fight is on youtube for anyone interested in giving it another watch

• Registered Users Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Esse85 wrote: »
    Aldo bloodied him.

That's a pretty terrible example of a fighter taking necessary damage.

Fighters get hit. Most get hit more than Conor has. All of them do it for less money than Conor does.
    If Conor is taking too much damage to continue the sport is done.

I'd back both youtubers to KO McGregor in boxing....

Esse85 wrote: »
    Aldo bloodied him.

A war off attrition that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Mellor wrote: »
    That's a pretty terrible example of a fighter taking necessary damage.

Fighters get hit. Most get hit more than Conor has. All of them do it for less money than Conor does.
    If Conor is taking too much damage to continue the sport is done.

A poster said Conor had never been bloodied before, several posters including myself pointed out that was incorrect and gave examples.

Advertisement