Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tablet stuck on boot screen - hard reset?

• 07-04-2014 10:06pm

Evening folks, I have a GoTab epic V which i got about 15 months ago (xmas 2012). It froze on me a couple of months ago, and when i tried to reboot it just wouldn't get past the "loading..." screen. I had intended to bring it back to the shop where i bought it, but then remembered i bought it in Peats, so that idea went out the window.

I tried fixing it there tonight, even attempting to wipe it, but i can't even get it to boot into recovery mode. I tried holding the power button while also 1) holding the volume up button 2) holding volume down button and 3) holding both volume buttons. No joy whatsoever.

Is there something i'm doing wrong, or anything else i could try? My head is wrecked at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

$hifty wrote: »
    Evening folks, I have a GoTab epic V which i got about 15 months ago (xmas 2012). It froze on me a couple of months ago, and when i tried to reboot it just wouldn't get past the "loading..." screen. I had intended to bring it back to the shop where i bought it, but then remembered i bought it in Peats, so that idea went out the window.

I tried fixing it there tonight, even attempting to wipe it, but i can't even get it to boot into recovery mode. I tried holding the power button while also 1) holding the volume up button 2) holding volume down button and 3) holding both volume buttons. No joy whatsoever.

Is there something i'm doing wrong, or anything else i could try? My head is wrecked at this stage.

From memory the Gotabs had an odd reboot method , hold the reset pin in then power & ( - ) button. Sad to say its probably dead.On those tablets the boot partition was frequently written over by an app update rendering them useless.
    You could ask in Harvey's ( as they sell them ) who the Irish wholesaler for them are. They like the now dead Peats should have gotten them from the same people.

>Sol

Advertisement