Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-05-2020, 07:03   #436
headnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy4all View Post
Are they still available at that price?
Not at the moment. I have seen also that prime day is happening later than usual this year around September but the 4k version might pop up from some sellers for a reduced price before then,(fingers crossed)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-05-2020, 10:03   #437
kaerobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by headnorth View Post
All4
ITV Hub
BBC iPlayer
RTE Player (sideload)
Pluto TV (loads of US TV Channels)
TV Player (stream the BBC, C4, ITV for free, or pay 6 pounds for loads of channels)]
HULU (pay with Revolut)
HBO NOW (loads on it for free, pay for sub via HULU, or try 1 week free. HBO MAX launching end of the month with access for those paying for NOW via HULU)
Netflix (VPN allows you to change region and access more content)
Prime Video
MUBI (free for college/film/art students, or 1 month free)
Disney+

Also Epix Now, Sling TV, Directv, Vudu(free movies & TV with Ads) Britbox, Cbs All Access, Shudder.. I've probably forgotten a few more. Accounts are cheap if ya know where to look �� All work with Smartdnsproxy ðŸ‘
Thanks for the extra sources. I may look in to a few of them as I hadnt considered Sling etc. Honestly the Firestick is the first device Ive owned that sometimes I feel overwhelmed by content choice. Plus Spotify/Apple Music integration and Alexa smart home control make it a great piece of kit.

Side ''bargain''. I cant stop singing the praises of HBO. HBO Max is due to launch next week which is the full back catalog of HBO with Warner's backing - a huge amount of content including Friends (and the reboot) etc. I got an email about a 1 year deal for anyone looking to sign up at 11.99 dollars a month for the first year. Must have US CC.

Quote:
Last Chance to Save
Last call for this offer! Preorder HBO Max and get access instantly on May 27. Even better? You can start streaming HBO NOW while you wait.
$14.99 (normally) $11.99* / month for 12 months. Cancel anytime

I sub via HULU so cant avail. You need a VPN or Smart DNS to access HBO from Ireland. Ive no issues connecting with ExpressVPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
You must "be in USA"
If you use a browser to access Amazon US, you can look up the apps by searching as you would a product, you should have the option to download or ''deliver'' the content on the right hand side, choose your device, very simple.

Last edited by kaerobe; 22-05-2020 at 10:10.
22-05-2020, 17:13   #438
masterboy123

I have downloaded Pluto TV. But it keeps giving error that this app is not available in your region.

Any idea what could be wrong? I have tried using US VPN.
22-05-2020, 18:02   #439
stamjoe

Quote:
only issue with that one is that its for live tv. If you want catch up, you need the one from last may
fY

Funny enough that link only shows me catchup, no live tv? Must have changed, anyone got a link for the live tv one?
22-05-2020, 20:05   #440
mailburner

have netflix, prime, disney+, rte player,live net tv and a few other aps

not sure I need much more than that tbh

my connection was dropping using the vpn (stack social one) which was brilliant for the price
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-05-2020, 20:15   #441
bromley52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailburner View Post
have netflix, prime, disney+, rte player,live net tv and a few other aps

not sure I need much more than that tbh

my connection was dropping using the vpn (stack social one) which was brilliant for the price
Connected to a projector it's fantastic especially for the kids weekly cinema night.
23-05-2020, 10:05   #442
Alpha Centauri

Get an app called "Apps2Fire" for your phone (assuming your android). Apps that you have on your phone can then be installed on your Fire stick once they're both on your home network.

heres a demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuDCwzO2CGw

look into "filelinked" for Firestick also...
Thanks from:
23-05-2020, 11:19   #443
bromley52

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnire View Post
Very detailed response-many thanks.
I'm actually an iPhone user-any way around that?
Move to Android.
(3) thanks from:
23-05-2020, 11:26   #444
DopeTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnire View Post
Very detailed response-many thanks.
I'm actually an iPhone user-any way around that?
You could probably install an app like file commander on on the fire TV stick and link it to Google drive. Then you could upload the APK files from either your iPhone or any other device with Google drive access.

Once you have them in there you should be able to access them in the file commander app and install them.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-05-2020, 11:28   #445
Lucas Hood

Download the downloader app to firestick. Input url of apk to that
Thanks from:
23-05-2020, 11:42   #446
headnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Centauri View Post
Get an app called "Apps2Fire" for your phone (assuming your android). Apps that you have on your phone can then be installed on your Fire stick once they're both on your home network.

heres a demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuDCwzO2CGw

look into "filelinked" for Firestick also...
Easy Fire Tools is also brilliant. Install on phone and connect wireless to your fire stick, no need to install an app on the fire stick, it will just auto install whatever app you send from your phone to it automatically.
(2) thanks from:
23-05-2020, 12:50   #447
TheDriver

I thought the days of needing the phone to firestick apps are gone with downloader and filelinked?
23-05-2020, 13:40   #448
headnorth

Quote:
I thought the days of needing the phone to firestick apps are gone with downloader and filelinked?
Some filelinked stores are great but not all the apps are accessible even from different stores. I personally find my fone quicker,typing etc... but downloader is a great tool too.
23-05-2020, 14:40   #449
TheDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by headnorth View Post
Some filelinked stores are great but not all the apps are accessible even from different stores. I personally find my fone quicker,typing etc... but downloader is a great tool too.
Which are the best filelinked? I find tanya's on youtube (firetvsticks) great but haven't tried others.
23-05-2020, 14:53   #450
headnorth

Quote:
Which are the best filelinked? I find tanya's on youtube Average Ed (firetvsticks) great but haven't tried others.
Tanya's store is huge and probably 1 of the best, Average Ed 47713348 & Electrical MD 85810914 are nice back ups. Kevin Porteous on YouTube has great videos up all the time, no filelinked store but you can save his website in downloader for 1 click downloads to tonnes of apks.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion