Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC GSM-SW-SC v's GSM-SC

Options
  • 30-05-2018 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Does anyone know if there is any difference in the HKC App functionality between the GSM-SC for the current 10/70 panel and the GSM-SW-SC for the older panels. I have one of the older panels that will take the GSM-SW-SC, which will allow me to control the alarm using the App, but will consider changing the whole panel to a 10/70 panel if there is a significant advantage to doing so or ther is a significant functionality difference. Grateful for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭davidconroy46

Well thw gsm sw sc was made for the hkc 812/ 16120 panels. It was designed like gsm -p but it runs off the app.and there is a monthly fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ArcherL

The monthly fee is ok (€60 per annum I believe), it's just the functionality, will I have the same control over the hkc 812/ 16120 panels with the GSM-SW-SC through the App as I would if I had a 10/70 panel and the GSM-SW?

Well really basic compared with 10/70 would have more features like an eng done alteratings, you can use the wireless pirs with cameras.if you have an 812 and your thinking of getting the gsm-sc, i would go for the upgrade panel. Better features for the future. Like your keypad could go on the blink and you wont get 1 gor the 812.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

ArcherL wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is any difference in the HKC App functionality between the GSM-SC for the current 10/70 panel and the GSM-SW-SC for the older panels. I have one of the older panels that will take the GSM-SW-SC, which will allow me to control the alarm using the App, but will consider changing the whole panel to a 10/70 panel if there is a significant advantage to doing so or ther is a significant functionality difference. Grateful for any advice.

Upgrading is the better option, It would offer you more options as apposed to using the older system.
    You can also use the Dual card which connects to your wifi and the GSM network.
    Offers more information re inputs, can trip two outputs in the control panel.

Thanks guys, think I will get the new panel and gsm-sc, looks like €300 inc vat - sounds ok?

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, think I will get the new panel and gsm-sc, looks like €300 inc vat - sounds ok?

Is that installed?

Actually I got a final price today and it's €360 inc vat for SW10270 panel, battery and the GSM-Wifi, that's to buy only.

How much is the wifi card?

Actually I got a final price today and it's €360 inc vat for SW10270 panel, battery and the GSM-Wifi, that's to buy only.

We dont go into pricing on here but if its for a self install then that is a good price.

Sounds in around right price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 BoardIrl

With a Wifi card the HKC10270, can I use the app for remote access without paying the 5 euro per month. in other words can I get free remote access via my broadband rather than GSM?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

BoardIrl wrote: »
    With a Wifi card the HKC10270, can I use the app for remote access without paying the 5 euro per month. in other words can I get free remote access via my broadband rather than GSM?

No, it requires the subscription to the HKC service.

bk wrote: »
    No, it requires the subscription to the HKC service.

The sub is cheap for the service and access, well worth it.

Advertisement