Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

1777879808183»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

Splinter wrote: »
    no more Java? am i dreaming? \o/
    Java is still needed, Mojang (or Microsoft) just bundle it now with the launcher and use it instead of any other version on your computer. It allows them to have minecraft use a 64-bit version of Java on a 64-bit PC even if the user hasn't installed the 64-bit version.
    The initial download is much larger, but still under 100M.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

mindstorms wrote: »
    Java is still needed, Mojang (or Microsoft) just bundle it now with the launcher and use it instead of any other version on your computer. It allows them to have minecraft use a 64-bit version of Java on a 64-bit PC even if the user hasn't installed the 64-bit version.
    The initial download is much larger, but still under 100M.
    ah poop :( my problems with not having a 64 bit machine continue so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Afraid I must cry off from the UHC game tomorrow. Work night out :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

welchy wrote: »
    Afraid I must cry off from the UHC game tomorrow. Work night out :(

No worries brah. Thursday night or Sunday afternoon work? I can't do Friday or Saturday. After that I'm on my holidays so I can do it any day. My connection is still horsesh*t so I'm only really going to be able to play outside the hours of 6pm to 10ish

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Anybody here try to play Super Hostile maps? I downloaded infernal skies II yesterday, great fun. I get terrible block lag though, I don't really understand why.

Edit - Did a little research, it might help if I played with an older version than 1.7.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anybody here try to play Super Hostile maps? I downloaded infernal skies II yesterday, great fun. I get terrible block lag though, I don't really understand why.

Edit - Did a little research, it might help if I played with an older version than 1.7.5

The Vechs series? Used to play them a few years ago,the CTM ones. Can be very tough but in a good way.Are they still making new maps? Cant remember what versions of minecraft i used but the maps i played were a long time ago

Used to enjoy them a lot but kinda got boring soloing just because there so large.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

yeah, just tried it with 1.5.2 and it seemed to be fine.

EoinHef wrote: »
    The Vechs series? Used to play them a few years ago,the CTM ones. Can be very tough but in a good way.Are they still making new maps? Cant remember what versions of minecraft i used but the maps i played were a long time ago

Used to enjoy them a lot but kinda got boring soloing just because there so large.

Yeah the Vechs series, I think he stopped making maps for a long time but is currently making one, I'm not certain though. I'm fairly addicted to it at the moment, do you remember which other ones you liked?
    mindstorms wrote: »
    yeah, just tried it with 1.5.2 and it seemed to be fine.

Yeah it works totally fine with 1.7.2 even, 1.7.5 or afterwards is the problem!

Yeah the Vechs series, I think he stopped making maps for a long time but is currently making one, I'm not certain though. I'm fairly addicted to it at the moment, do you remember which other ones you liked?

Off the top of my head Sunburn Island,Canopy Carnage and one was called cave something. Think it may have been Magic Cave. Out of the three i most enjoyed Sunburn Island

Thanks Eoin, I'll try one of them next!

I did it :D

332649.png

• Advertisement

Thanks Eoin, I'll try one of them next!

I did it!

Ha ha fair play man,they take a fair bit of patience and graft to do. Good feeling getting one finished though.

You have made me want to go back and play one now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Day 17. Finally finished.

332670.jpg

I can use it to go from 27 to 50 exp in 5 minutes :)

Holy...crap. GG Pomp.

Now eh....What exactly am I looking at? I see it's a Guardian crusher? What's all the dirt, furnaces and redstone for? And why do you kill them in the nether?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

I had to make two layers of dirt, one to place the fence gates on, and another to place the dispensers under. The dirt is gone now.

The redstone and dispensers (not furnaces :p) are completely unnecessary, I just added it because I wanted to be able to turn the spawning on/off.

There's a layer of water at the top (that comes out of dispensers). This spawns guardians, which fall through the fence gates onto the flowing water. They then get funnelled into the nether where I poison them and kill them all at once with a splash damage potion. I hold a looting 3 sword when they die to get more drops.

The reason I funnel them into the nether is that there is a limit to how many will spawn in the overworld. If I send them to the nether then the overworld will keep spawning them until I turn the water off. I left it running for 10 minutes and there was 600 guardians in the nether. If I didn't send them to the nether I would get about 30 guardians no matter how long I leave it running.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

I helped! :D

Happy Christmas y'all! Been a great year :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Merry Christmas Dark! :)

Wish someone gave me a Sponge for christmas, but its not yet complete... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

My brother gave me a foam minecraft pick axe. I'm not sure what to do with it...

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    My brother gave me a foam minecraft pick axe. I'm not sure what to do with it...

Start punching trees I suppose :confused:

The new 1.8.2 pre-releases are really buggy, don't install them at all.

• Advertisement

Does the 1.7.10 server still exist? Tried to log in today for nostalgia's sake, can't seem to get on or access the dynamap. All good if it was taken down or something :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

There was no 1.7.10 server. There was a 1.7.2 server that worked with clients up to 1.7.5, I do not recall it being taken down but its been a while.

Solitaire wrote: »
    There was no 1.7.10 server. There was a 1.7.2 server that worked with clients up to 1.7.5, I do not recall it being taken down but its been a while.

Ohh, I guess I just got my versions confused :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Is Survival being upgraded, though? I tried to connect and it told me 1.7.10 was required. With 1.7.10 it seems to be there but it sits on "Logging in..." forever.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Loved the Realm, thanks for the 3 months! While I'm here, could I get an invite to the new one too? xD

My name's Leoplureodon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement