Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that either. The current drizzly ****e is the worst.

Say that when it's the cold pissy stuff in December and January.
    Everyone will be dying for some of that humid ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

On and off drizzle this evening in Dublin 5. It was yet another cloudy day before this drizzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Rename to moan thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Rotten evening now. 6mm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

Rotten day and evening in Tralee. Pure Atlantic muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

10mm now fallen here so a thoroughly soggy evening for this neck of the woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Reading this thread really makes me jealous. In London here and it is still summer with no signs of letting up. The temperature is struggling to get below 20 during the day and with the added humidity it is feeling like hot summer days. We are at about 5 months of summer now and all I can say is bring on cooler weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Reading this thread really makes me jealous. In London here and it is still summer with no signs of letting up. The temperature is struggling to get below 20 during the day and with the added humidity it is feeling like hot summer days. We are at about 5 months of summer now and all I can say is bring on cooler weather.

Swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

yeah i have been seeing that on sky news when they have been reporting on stuff in the uk - and megan and harry walking around in what looks like summer weather and a lovely sunny day and people in the crowd with t-shirts on ... crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely crisp, still, dry autumn morning.

West Mayo offshore island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

yeah i have been seeing that on sky news when they have been reporting on stuff in the uk - and megan and harry walking around in what looks like summer weather and a lovely sunny day and people in the crowd with t-shirts on ... crazy!

May be horrible ...........all that horrible warmth .........and sunshine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after a very wet night, this morning it starting to dry up a bit and feeling fairly cold.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Could get to 24C in London today. Londoners have no idea how good they have it with decent summer like conditions for what seems like nearly 5 to 6 months every year.

Our hot summer is now very much a distant memory, most of us have had Atlantic muck since the 1st week of August. You really wouldn't want to swap!.

South Sligo, 13:44 - lovely and sunny outside 11.3'c 6.5RH - warm feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    On and off drizzle this evening in Dublin 5. It was yet another cloudy day before this drizzle.

Been a very boring start to October weather wise. August and October being boring probably feel extra tedious given the amount of interesting weather that has occurred this year.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Been a very boring start to October weather wise. August and October being boring probably feel extra tedious given the amount of interesting weather that has occurred this year.

I’m enjoying
    Nice to be able to enjoy the changing colors without getting pissed wet or blown away
    We can look forward to that for the next 6 -9’months

It's been yet another overcast day. The sun tried to get out but it failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Swap?

Definitely. Zero signs of it letting up, the temperature is forecasted to be 18-22 all next week so at this point it looks like winter won’t begin until February as I hardly think the daily temperature will drop 15 degrees in 8 weeks! No rain too (except for some showers tomorrow).

tomorrow at mid-day looks very wet for London according to the forecasts - and down to 14'c

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

km79 wrote: »
    I’m enjoying
    Nice to be able to enjoy the changing colors without getting pissed wet or blown away
    We can look forward to that for the next 6 -9’months

Doesn't have to be eventful like flooding, snowing or windy conditions to not be boring. September provided plenty of blue sky moments here with what seemed like nearly endless sunny mornings and evenings. October so far has produced nothing of the sorts here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

lashing rain suddenly in Sligo n 5c

Looking at forecast last night today was promised sunny....today on forecast "showers on Atlantic coasts" dear oh dear not even a day before can be right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

pauldry wrote: »
    lashing rain suddenly in Sligo n 5c

Looking at forecast last night today was promised sunny....today on forecast "showers on Atlantic coasts" dear oh dear not even a day before can be right

You're just unlucky Sligo nearly only place with a blob of rain along the west.
    According to met earann raydar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

September was muck in this locality and October started the same. Yet this morning is stunning. Cloudless sky and sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I'm looking forward to some balmy weather in the coming week, MetE predicting 19c for next Wed and I think a couple of degrees could be added on to that in the Dublin area if the high ground breaks up the cloud.
    I wouldn't mind two months of charts like this before a PROPER winter in Jan and Feb - keep the bills down!

UW96-21.GIF?06-07

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The high pressure to our east looks like having more of an influence on our weather than initially expected last week.

However, it would not take too much for that to swing back towards low pressure.

Looking mostly dry in the east until Wednesday night though.

Stunning autumnal morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Lovely morning today. Temperatures are set to drop to freezing this weekend!? Hard to believe storm season has already started before October! Hopefully our Autumn be calm. Not looking forward to the Winter if anything if early in the year was anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Corofin co galway 06/10/18 7.45am temp 6°C 20180924_072426_zpsdc7oe8od.jpg
    13.50 temp 12°C
    20181006_133320_zpsf1nbxeg5.jpg

fantastic day here in south Meath.

• Advertisement

Best day of the month so far, the only day so far that hasn't been a cloudfest.

Advertisement