Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Extortion at eflow

Options
  • 23-09-2018 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Fines notice does not exist to warn people of the extent of these fines
    If you forget to pay fine letters arrive and are already too high to pay
    Then it goes to a solicitor located in Kerry
    Then court confirm s fines due and makes an order to pay amounts of thousands of euros
    Once any solicitor referral on this matter has been made payments are blocked on usual mechanisms on line
    This is a scam
    Glad to see similar commentary on this site
    Mar O Keeffe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If it goes to the stage of going to court, it means that the offender has consistently refused to engage or pay the fees. I’d have little sympathy for someone at that stage.

I would actually go so far as to say the eFlow are extremely easy to deal with. Any time in the past when I received an overdue fee notice, they were always easy to deal with. I even received letters from the solicitors when I bought my last car, based on overdue fees from the previous owner. It was all dismissed once I explained it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Yes |I had heard that often a simple phone call would see the amount demanded reduced to the original amount, once responsibility for the debt was taken rather than the guy just ignoring it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Same here, gotten caught a few times like when on holidays or so.

Anytime I've rang them they've dropped any fines and just gone with the original amount.

If you let it get to the stage where solicitors are involved you're either taking the proverbial or just ignoring everything

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Mattir wrote: »
    Then court confirm s fines due and makes an order to pay amounts of thousands of euros
    Once any solicitor referral on this matter has been made payments are blocked on usual mechanisms on line
    This is a scam
    Mar O Keeffe

It's really not.

If you're complaining because you've wound up with a huge fine, why did you not engage with eflow when you got the first communication?

As recommended by loads of posters, get this one sorted and get a video account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭flatty

I have found them a really good company to deal with. Their customer service dept is the epitome of an excellent one. They have always been decent to deal with whenever I have contacted them. They are great.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭rovertom

Yes personal experience twice of me being an idiot and forgetting to pay them even after receiving a notice.
    Called them up and first time they reduced it to standard fee. Second time they reduced it to standard fee provided I signed up for account. Very reasonable company to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Mattir wrote: »
    This is a scam
    Mar O Keeffe

Use an alternative route if you have no intention of paying.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

or just get a tag and have it DD out of ur account....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭eirbear1989

Well if it is your first time Eflow are very understanding. I had bought a new car and I had not put a tag on it yet, drove the toll twice and forgot to pay. Fine came in on a Friday and I tried to ring them after work but there was no response. Then I forgot come the Monday. By the time I remembered to ring them, they had gone to €256 each or something crazy. I gave him my old car's reg, and asked for a new tag for the new car. They then reduced the fines to €6 each. If it is a genuine mistake and not a regular occurrence then they are very understanding.

Get a tag or a video account. No excuse like plus saves having change for every other toll in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you're that f@ckin blind then you shouldn't be driving.

M50-Toll.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jimbus1

I bought a car for a former partner many years ago and when we split up i forgot to change the ownership on the car to her. The car had numerous eflow reminders for payment sent out to a previous address and i never received them, when i finally was told about it the matter had gone to the solicitors in Kerry and they had managed to get a judgement in court against me and again i did not hear about this until after the fact. It is apparently with the sheriff now and they will be coming to retrieve goods of the value of the judgement. I am waiting on my own solicitor to contact me but does anyone know what i shoud do in meantime. I have never held a license or driven a car until march of this year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Eflow servers must cost a fortune to run

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

jimbus1 wrote: »
    I bought a car for a former partner many years ago and when we split up i forgot to change the ownership on the car to her. The car had numerous eflow reminders for payment sent out to a previous address and i never received them, when i finally was told about it the matter had gone to the solicitors in Kerry and they had managed to get a judgement in court against me and again i did not hear about this until after the fact. It is apparently with the sheriff now and they will be coming to retrieve goods of the value of the judgement. I am waiting on my own solicitor to contact me but does anyone know what i shoud do in meantime. I have never held a license or driven a car until march of this year either.

Don't wait for your Solicitor to contact you, contact him/her.

You need to negotiate with Elfow and your former partner over payment. Have you contacted them at all to say you only just heard about this and given the reasons why?

It's hardly fair to be posting this in this thread, when it's not Eflow's fault they didn't get paid.

Advertisement