Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Basq wrote: »
    They're looking for staff in both actually..

FB_IMG_1516053782932.jpg

well the link I posted was looking for shop and deli assistants - so maybe thats a different job than the chipmongers one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

well the link I posted was looking for shop and deli assistants - so maybe thats a different job than the chipmongers one

I applied for the management job in the Deli in castlebaldwin. He told me that the manager would oversee and manage both the deli and chip mongers. I wasn't successful with the interview though. It seems that none of the applicants where, if they are still looking for someone.

job seeker wrote: »
    I applied for the management job in the Deli in castlebaldwin. He told me that the manager would oversee and manage both the deli and chip mongers. I wasn't successful with the interview though. It seems that none of the applicants where, if they are still looking for someone.

sorry you were unsucessful - i would hate those jobs where its a management position , but you had a manager presiding over you.

In a lot of businesses they still have to advertise for the job, even if they have someone (could be a family member/relation) lined up for that job. If you get my meaning. - I have been for job interviews like that in the past where they have advertised a job and then a few weeks later the nephew is working for the place or another member of the family/relations - well thats how it used to be in Ireland. maybe its different these days.

sorry you were unsucessful - i would hate those jobs where its a management position , but you had a manager presiding over you.

In a lot of businesses they still have to advertise for the job, even if they have someone (could be a family member/relation) lined up for that job. If you get my meaning. - I have been for job interviews like that in the past where they have advertised a job and then a few weeks later the nephew is working for the place or another member of the family/relations - well thats how it used to be in Ireland. maybe its different these days.

Thanks! I'm kinda tempted to apply for the deli assistant job.

Yeah, I have seen that myself actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

I wonder where are they going to locate the Chipmongers in Applegreen on the Pearse Road. It hardly seems feasible putting it into the existing shop?

• Advertisement

job seeker wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm kinda tempted to apply for the deli assistant job.

Yeah, I have seen that myself actually!

Indeed. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

johnire wrote: »
    I wonder where are they going to locate the Chipmongers in Applegreen on the Pearse Road. It hardly seems feasible putting it into the existing shop?

I was thinking the same johnire. Its quite a small shop as it is. Maybe they are going to get rid of the deli area and have Chipmongers instead. I would have thought their unit below the retail park (ex McCormacks garage) would have way more room but maybe its a little far out for a chipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

mano79 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same johnire. Its quite a small shop as it is. Maybe they are going to get rid of the deli area and have Chipmongers instead. I would have thought their unit below the retail park (ex McCormacks garage) would have way more room but maybe its a little far out for a chipper.
    afaik thats not theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

shanec1928 wrote: »
    afaik thats not theirs.

Yeah the Applegreen/Gala on Pearse Rd. is independently owned((Mullins). The other two(MCR and Carraroe) are run by Applegreen.

The Pearse Rd. unit recently got planning permission to convert storage space out the back into an Off Licence...maybe they plan on using that...don't know though!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

How many more bloody chippers does the town need? Any chance of a decent Italian restaurant for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dk1979

Bistro is a proven good Italian restaurant. Would love to see an authentic Mexican restaurant!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

dk1979 wrote: »
    Bistro is a proven good Italian restaurant. Would love to see an authentic Mexican restaurant!

The bistro is as Italian as I am. Just because you’re born in a stable doesn’t make you a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

dk1979 wrote: »

Would love a Mexican restaurant too.
    Fabbrica's on Rockwood Parade do a Mexican night on Tuesday's. That's about as close as you can get right now.
    This is their Mexican dish menu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Sligo needs a good Thai restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sligo needs a good Thai restaurant.
    Jalan Jalan?

The filling station in Castlebaldwin is open tomorrow at 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭pauldry

dunno where this goes but mccallion group has set up in finisklin and they buiild Lidls and Aldis ... very quickly

So there will be another one of those opened by Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

pauldry wrote: »
    dunno where this goes but mccallion group has set up in finisklin and they buiild Lidls and Aldis ... very quickly

So there will be another one of those opened by Summer

Ya work is supposed to start on the new LIDL next week so they must have set up an office for themselves. Between this and the water works the town will be in "crap" for another while

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rdavey14

Another coffee shop Passione By The Slice opening across from Library in town.
    Seems to also sell wine and have a bar by their Facebook page

mano79 wrote: »
    Ya work is supposed to start on the new LIDL next week so they must have set up an office for themselves. Between this and the water works the town will be in "crap" for another while

but, I did hear on the radio news this morning that OCS will get an 'upgrade' this year after the roads have been finished being dug up - not totally pedestrianised but swinging more towards pedestrians (whatever that means, or however they are going to do it) -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

but, I did hear on the radio news this morning that OCS will get an 'upgrade' this year after the roads have been finished being dug up - not totally pedestrianised but swinging more towards pedestrians (whatever that means, or however they are going to do it) -
    Sligo County Council is now seeking a contractor to give O’Connell Street in the town a ‘make-over’.

The long-awaited work was put off until the pipe-laying work by Irish Water was finished.

The Council expects to have a contractor in place by this summer to start work to improve the appearance of the street.

Director of Services at the Council Tom Kilfeather says it will make the street more ‘pedestrian-friendly’

https://www.oceanfm.ie/2018/02/02/work-to-start-on-a-more-pedestrian-friendly-oconnell-street/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭DenMan

I was in Top Taste during the week. It's a new restaurant/takeaway located where Abrakebabra used to be. It's really nice. When did it open?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wont hold my breath on the OConnell St upgrades, until I see work started, have been talking about it for too long now, would be interested to see plans though, if such a thing even exists.
    DenMan wrote: »
    I was in Top Taste during the week. It's a new restaurant/takeaway located where Abrakebabra used to be. It's really nice. When did it open?

Been there a good while actually. Thought their pizza tasted pretty much the same as every other fast food in the town, and chips too skinny for me, yet too, and not likely to try anything else in it soon.

:(

Still better than the Abra that was there though.

• Has anyone tried Chipmongers yet, just wondering what their good is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Has anyone tried Chipmongers yet, just wondering what their good is like?

Not open yet. Not in the Applegreen Pearse Rd anyway.

• I thought the Castlebaldwin Chipmongers was open!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

DenMan wrote:

Their donar kebabs are class!!
    I thought the Castlebaldwin Chipmongers was open!

Its open yeah, only report I've heard is that its slooooowwwww as fook

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

https://www.facebook.com/events/1505691936152451/ new valeting building opening next monday 12th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's a new Italian open in Stephen Street i think.. Passione By The Slice.

https://www.facebook.com/passionebytheslice/

• Advertisement

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Its open yeah, only report I've heard is that its slooooowwwww as fook
    I thought the Castlebaldwin Chipmongers was open!

I was in it yesterday evening, I got the fish and chips. It's half price on Sunday. I waited about 10 minutes and it was very nice!

Advertisement