Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Billie eilish - Major Grammy winner

• 28-01-2020 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Are you a fan? I think her music is awesome.

Better than most of the crap these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I turn off the radio anytime one of her songs comes on, very very overrated singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I love her too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Absolute TUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Shades of billy idol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Loopylineking

When the party’s over is my favourite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

i like that one song she has

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Looks like she could do with a good wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Don't see what all the fuss is about.

Apparently her full name is Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell and she's never heard of Van Halen, Run DMC, or Huey Lewis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Who? Now, back to yelling at clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Just another modern day singer that mumbles through songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I love Billie Eilish’s music. I listen to her stuff a lot and never get bored.... I do sometimes wonder if she is overly influenced by her brother.

I hope she is the genius I think she is..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Some good tunes. The production is fantastic.

As for not knowing those Val Halen/ Huey Lewis.. she’s 17/18.. I wouldn’t hold it it against her.. rock from 20 years and more before she was alive mightn’t be her thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

She kind of intimidates me... and then irritates me.

Not enough drugs, sex and rock n roll for my liking.

Not intimidating , not irritating … please just

Entertaining. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Absolute TUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE!

I honestly rate that as one of the best songs I have ever heard. Love it. Not into modern music at all, but she stands out as something of a genius.

*Cue the entrance of music snobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I dont mind her.Her set at the Grammys was beautiful.Be interesting to see how she progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

I honestly rate that as one of the best songs I have ever heard. Love it. Not into modern music at all, but she stands out as something of a genius.

Its decent thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Apparently her full name is Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell and she's never heard of Van Halen, Run DMC, or Huey Lewis.

I only know who Huey Lewis and the News are because of the scene in American Psycho where he talks about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Not a music snob but that song irritates the life out of me.

I only know who Huey Lewis and the News are because of the scene in American Psycho where he talks about them.

Not from back to the future ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Not from back to the future ?

What’s back to the future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Have only heard this one song and I absolutely hate it. Doesn’t sound like a Bond type artist. I don’t get her. Would like to see a hip modern band get the Bond gig, like A-Ha sone years ago. Maybe 1975 or some other good indie band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

So we can call her Eilish O'Connell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ipso wrote: »

Wash your mouth out:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Lisha wrote: »
    I love Billie Eilish’s music. I listen to her stuff a lot and never get bored.... I do sometimes wonder if she is overly influenced by her brother.

I hope she is the genius I think she is..

I'd say it's very collaborative, hope it lasts.

I love her. Production, lyrics, delivery. She really gives it socks live as well.

bellyache and everything i wanted would be my two favourites of hers.

She can come across a bit irritating and self regarding and naive in interviews. God it's like she's a teenager or something :pac:

Ipso wrote: »

I automatically dislike you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I automatically dislike you!

It’s ok, your kids will dig it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I don't get it at all. I listened to a couple of her songs to see what the fuss was about but they lack any decent melody I don't really know why they're successful as pop songs. Even though I'm old I still like most kinds of music but this one just doesn't make sense to me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Her brother does most of the back work, he does the gritty melodies. So there's a pair of them in it. It's good music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

While not the type of music I listen to, I respect her as an artist. She is hugely popular with young people that wouldn't be into more pop-like acts.
    She seems like a girl with her head screwed on and as it stands handles her skyrocketing fame pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Thought this was very good. The two of them are very talented. Fair play to them. WARNING: Contains James Corden.

Advertisement