Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Asked my bf if he missed me while I was away. He said no. But the lad from work who fancies me sent me a snap saying that he missed me and for me to hurry home. Hmm, says it all really :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Asked my bf if he missed me while I was away. He said no. But the lad from work who fancies me sent me a snap saying that he missed me and for me to hurry home. Hmm, says it all really :rolleyes:
    I missed you the mostest

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I missed you the mostest

Aw Boom, I miss you too x

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Finding a little bit of lettuce stuck to your front tooth 90 mins after lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Kitty6277 wrote: »

TA I completely banjaxed this post in my head. I mis-read and thought your bf was away, and then I was wondering why the lad from work wants you to hurry home, thinking "she wasn't long moving the lad from work in while her bf was away" :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I juggling so many different things at the moment, I know I'm forgetting something, but can't quite figure out what it is yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I know this usually applies to women, (sorry from the males of the species for that) but if one more person tells me to "smile" or "cheer up", I am going to go postal.

I just hope they use a good pic of me when they report it in the papers.

Decided to take the tram to work a few days ago. Went to the first stop so that I could get a seat. Grand, I thought. There is hardly anyone waiting on the platform. The next tram was not due for 10 minutes and in that time, what appeared to be some kind of OAP social club gathered slowly behind. The platform was obviously their meeting point. First there were 5, then 10. Then a few more. Eventually, when the tram appeared, the entire platform was full.

I got on and got a seat, put in my earphones etc. Ready to relax for the journey, only to realise 30 seconds in that not all of the OAPs had got seats, so then I had to give mine up and stand the entire journey anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Vets!!!!!......the yoke has a rash and after 3 visits to the vet they decided to take a skin sample....now rings up to say there's traces of something on her which is coming from her infection.....so here's more tablets......each visit costs money and tablets cost money ......then call back after course of tablets is done and we'll check if they are working....and then charge you again.....

gifted wrote: »
    Vets!!!!!......the yoke has a rash and after 3 visits to the vet they decided to take a skin sample....now rings up to say there's traces of something on her which is coming from her infection.....so here's more tablets......each visit costs money and tablets cost money ......then call back after course of tablets is done and we'll check if they are working....and then charge you again.....

Reminds me of a few years back, a dog that we were fostering (who had epilepsy which the shelter did not tell us about) took a fit and we had to rush him to the vet in the middle of the night. Sadly, he passed away but it was during the big snow (was it 2010?). Anyway, roads were impassable so we could not collect his body for several days. When we went to collect the poor creature to bury him, the vet charged us storage for keeping his body in the freezer. Mangey git :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

One up manship. I have a relative who just can't help doing this. No matter what, she had to be better, and let's all and sundry know it. Tries to ingratiate herself with people of a higher social class, would ye cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Parents that allow their kids to constantly screaming in public

That people will argue over anything on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jesus, note to self: never give the dog quinoa again. Threw a leftover bit into her dinner last night that passed through virtually unchanged and looked like millions of little eggs in the poo she just did. Frightened the fcuking living daylights out of me til I remembered.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Now wait a minute, you...

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA I completely banjaxed this post in my head. I mis-read and thought your bf was away, and then I was wondering why the lad from work wants you to hurry home, thinking "she wasn't long moving the lad from work in while her bf was away" :D

Hahaha no, I’m not that type :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Got paid this morning...paid bills, usual house ****e, shopping and now left with €1.12 for next two weeks.....there really is no point in having a job.......rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

The use of the word 'drop' for releasing music or something similar.

I see on Twitter today 'Taylor Swift has dropped her new album'. It just smacks of trying jazz up an action. I know it's just a different, more modern phrase but sure that's the point of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,643 ✭✭✭storker

Nokotan wrote: »
    The use of the word 'drop' for releasing music or something similar. I see on Twitter today 'Taylor Swift has dropped her new album'.

"Butterfingers!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,643 ✭✭✭storker

Oh no, they don't...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

ive been steadily gaining weight from stress eating these past few weeks and feel like crap. jeans are tight, scale is up 7 pounds and my eating is out of control and i feel awful :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

storker wrote: »
    Oh no, they don't...

Oh yes they do...

Sorry, it had to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Oh yes they do...

Sorry, it had to be said.

No it didn't.

Trying to eat a salad outdoors on a breezy day is an exercise in both futility and frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Bought new earrings today. Did not realise till I got home that there was only one of each in the packaging (3 different types) and I have two ears. Imagine.
    Bought from Argos, checked stock online last night and only one left, I'm the biggest eejit going for not even realising then that it said THREE earrings altogether. Not THREE pairs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Why are my deadlines always when the weather is at it's finest??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The lovely, considerate people who automatically know my laptop is goosed have rang about 4 times today.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭RickBlaine

I am sick to death of emailing colleagues asking two or three questions and only getting a response to the first question in the reply. I could send an email per question but I shouldn't have to because I expect professional adults to able to read, comprehend and reply to a three sentence email.

When you're all comfy and poleaxed on the couch thinking you're about ready for bed and you remember 1) you've make-up on and 2) you've to take the dog out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dial Hard wrote: »
    When you're all comfy and poleaxed on the couch thinking you're about ready for bed and you remember 1) you've make-up on and 2) you've to take the dog out.

Yep , I realised I had forgotten to put the car in the driveway :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement