Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Bottle of Peroni and a savage measure of Jameson. Last meeting just done for the week and writing up my to dos list for next week with the Wolfe Tones blasting away in the background.

Jaysus I'd love to be off to the pub this evening. Wouldn't normally be like this but today I'm chomping for pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Bottle of Peroni and a savage measure of Jameson. Last meeting just done for the week and writing up my to dos list for next week with the Wolfe Tones blasting away in the background.

Jaysus I'd love to be off to the pub this evening. Wouldn't normally be like this but today I'm chomping for pints.

God, I'd love to be drinking at home even but the pub on a rainy day like today would be heaven. Big open fire, toasted sandwiches and a few pints of creamy Guinness...drool

Meanwhile in reality im attempting to make cannnelloni but im just making a big mess and may bin it and order in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Oh open fire and pints! Stop!
    No more Friday feeling these days.

Noodles planned for later, but speaking of pasta, I have nearly all of the ingredients for a puttanesca. I even have capers. Just need to get to Lidl for my free anchovies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Please. please I beg you all. No talk of pints in pubs with open fires.:D

Donegal catch cod in batter mushy peas and chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cottage pie this evening :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Went very old school tonight, simple and easy , eggs done in a cup on top of the cooker with toast done on the top of the cooker also , perfect!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Currently drinking a Lidl mojito with loads of ice with a few sour cream and onion Pringles and watching an 80s chart show. :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Went very old school tonight, simple and easy , eggs done in a cup on top of the cooker with toast done on the top of the cooker also , perfect!

I'm intrigued...

As in, I have no way of picturing this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I'm intrigued...

Haha i was just thinking the same thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

[HTML][/HTML]
    Porklife wrote: »
    Haha i was just thinking the same thing :)

sounds like something my granny used to concoct back in the day :D

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I'm intrigued...

Sorry , have a Stanley cooker/range here . Crack two eggs into a cup/mug, salt and pepper, knob of butter , onto the cooker . Keep stirring with a spoon as otherwise it'll stick to the bottom of the cup as it's cooking . Somewhat similar to scrambled egg really but a totally different taste imo .
    Can also be done on gas/electric hob by putting the cup into a saucepan with an inch or two of boiling water in it .
    Not much help really am I :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Sorry , have a Stanley cooker/range here . Crack two eggs into a cup/mug, salt and pepper, knob of butter , onto the cooker . Keep stirring with a spoon as otherwise it'll stick to the bottom of the cup as it's cooking . Somewhat similar to scrambled egg really but a totally different taste imo .
    Can also be done on gas/electric hob by putting the cup into a saucepan with an inch or two of boiling water in it .

Egg in a cup! Grew up eating this. The best bits were the crispy bits at the bottom.

There was only 2 mugs in the house that you could use. These types of 'champion' mugs that would survive years of being put directly onto the hob for cookin.

It was a sad day when the parentals got a new gaf with convection hobs putting an end to egg in the cup breakfasts with toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 neutral bystander

Nothing.

Like how chocolate is melted?
    Effectively a bain marie?

Genius!

My scrambled eggs always stick to the pot. This seems like a much better way.

Crunchy nut cornflakes :)

Just Marie's bread from the Aldi thread, with Dunnes Stores chicken and stuffing filler, and Baxters red slaw. Extra pumpkin seeds.

Yum!

IMG-20210220-185821.jpg

(they look like little beetles, don't they)

Prawn crackers and spaghetti Bolognese :)

Beer, music and company.

Egg in a cup! Grew up eating this. The best bits were the crispy bits at the bottom.

There was only 2 mugs in the house that you could use. These types of 'champion' mugs that would survive years of being put directly onto the hob for cookin.

It was a sad day when the parentals got a new gaf with convection hobs putting an end to egg in the cup breakfasts with toast.

That's exactly it , grew up eating this too , then used to do it for my kids !
    Was glitched out of thread until now :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Prawn crackers and spaghetti Bolognese :)

I love spag bol!!

I'm eating nothing yet because I have to decide whether or not to eat a load of chocolate or have a proper dinner :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A minimal effort and cost dinner. Got two fillet steaks yesterday that were 30% off and a pack of ready made gratin potatoes for 1.50.

Chopped some veg and bunged everything into the oven at the same time. For a meal that cost about the same as a Big Mac it wasn't too shabby at all.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

A minimal effort and cost dinner. Got two fillet steaks yesterday that were 30% off and a pack of ready made gratin potatoes for 1.50.

Chopped some veg and bunged everything into the oven at the same time. For a meal that cost about the same as a Big Mac it wasn't too shabby at all.

As usual RG you have made something fantastic. And all for a decent price. We are hunters looking for bargains.:D Did steak and chips last night with fried mushrooms and red pepper.

Tonight its a few scoops for me with the love of my life and great tunes. I have a dirty chinese chicken curry, fried rice and chips on speed dial.:D

chicken,green peppers,asparagas,rice and some soy sauce for flavour.

bassy wrote: »
    chicken,green peppers,asparagas,rice and some soy sauce for flavour.

Are you having a beer tonight bassy?

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Are you having a beer tonight bassy?

i am indeed G having a aldi bottle of rheinbacher german pilsner 4.9 % :D
    how about you ?

i am indeed G having a aldi bottle of rheinbacher german pilsner 4.9 % :D
    how about you ?

Ah I'm just having a few Heineken's with Mrs G. She's having a few glasses of vino. Gonna order a Chinese for myself in a bit. Fed the ladies earlier. An enjoyable evening.

Ah I'm just having a few Heineken's with Mrs G. She's having a few glasses of vino. Gonna order a Chinese for myself in a bit. Fed the ladies earlier. An enjoyable evening.

nice one G,what age are the girls well i know the wee one was 13 not so long ago.my fella was 22 on tuesday,showing my age now :( lol

nice one G,what age are the girls well i know the wee one was 13 not so long ago.my fella was 22 on tuesday,showing my age now :( lol

I couldn't possibly tell you Mrs Gs age.:eek::D But I do have a 29 year old too.:eek: From a previous.:)

Mrs G having some brown bread and cheese, just to stay on topic. Headin to the leaba after the curry.:pac:

I couldn't possibly tell you Mrs Gs age.:eek::D But I do have a 29 year old too.:eek: From a previous.:)

Mrs G having some brown bread and cheese, just to stay on topic. Headin to the leaba after the curry.:pac:

i was on about the girls not mrs G lol

• Advertisement

i was on about the girls not mrs G lol

Mrs G is one of "the" girls.:D

Advertisement