Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adding Cash To Bittrex

Options
  • 28-11-2017 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi , I have just signed up to Bittrex but cant seem to find where I add cash into my account so I can buy some coin. anyone know how to do this
    Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

castle wrote: »
    Hi , I have just signed up to Bittrex but cant seem to find where I add cash into my account so I can buy some coin. anyone know how to do this
    Tks

Bittrex only deals in crypto, no fiat - afaik you have to buy your BTC or ETH from somewhere like coinbase/gdax (or Kraken) for cash and then transfer the cryptos over to bittrex to buy altcoins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

You need to buy with fiat somewhere like Bitstamp and them you can transfer your coins to Bittrex if you want to trade or invest in Altcoins. If you just wanna buy and hold Bitstamp or Coinbase are two of your best options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Use coinbase but don't buy Bitcoin if you're trading on Bittrex, too long transferring times, ETH is the way to go to make transferring funds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yep, as said to trade on bittrex, use something like coinbase to buy eth, and transfer eth from there to bittrex buy whatever you want on there then.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CutWeldDrive

from experience form dealing with bittrex get verified and account upgraded before you transfer anything.

if you fail verification you will not be able to withdraw anything.. and support is terrible.

my verification failed on name mismatch and i'm waiting almost 6 weeks so far to get it sorted,
    support have not contacted me once..

i made the mistake of transferring bitcoin before getting fully verified and not my coin is stuck with bittrex.
    it's a waiting game now for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

from experience form dealing with bittrex get verified and account upgraded before you transfer anything.

if you fail verification you will not be able to withdraw anything.. and support is terrible.

my verification failed on name mismatch and i'm waiting almost 6 weeks so far to get it sorted,
    support have not contacted me once..

i made the mistake of transferring bitcoin before getting fully verified and not my coin is stuck with bittrex.
    it's a waiting game now for me.

Shiite, I have the same error...

did you have bitcoin transferred in.

if not just go with a different exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

did you have bitcoin transferred in.

Yup!

Balls.....

well all i can say is best of luck. i'm not having any, i hope you have a better experience with support team

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

My enhanced verification on bittrex was manually approved today, after creating a support ticket a month ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Just signed up, basic verification failed, passed advanced within 30 minutes of supplying details.

Advertisement