Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Differential lock

• 29-04-2008 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Stupid question but are there any 4x4s with a selectable differential lock from the dash board? I know it is very handy in a tractor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Mercedes G class has three of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Does the VW Transporter Syncro have that feature aswell?

yepp.

Could be ordered as an option ex works. As mine is ex military it has a front and rear difflock. (The center diff being a viscous coupling which is 99% locked when engaged)

EDIT
    newer generation Syncros and 4motions usually have some sort of electronic helpers like electronic break distribution and no real difflocks any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

My Pajero has a centre diff lock on the 4WD stick, when you put it in low range the centre diff is locked. And you could have specified that model Pajero(1991-1999) with w rear diff lock too.

All vehicles with selectable 4WD have a locked centre differential ...in as much as they don't have a centre differential at all. Drive to the other axle is straight through, the only "differential" are the rubbing tyres. That's why 4WD on these vehicles should only be selected on loose surfaces and not on a dry road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Landcruiser 80 series has three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Thanks peasant

Advertisement