Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4x4's are so intimidating and have no place in suburban Dublin.

Options
  • 28-04-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

It boils me when I see people using large 4x4's in south Dublin dropping kids off to school. Most of these 4x4's have and never seen dirt in their lives and will never draw a trailer. There should a tax rating for these jeeps pending on justification.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I agree. Especially given that many of the so-called 'off-roaders' can't even go off road at all (BMW X5, Jeep Grand Cherokee, etc., as proven on Top Gear).

Materialistic image is everything now. We can thank the Celtic Tiger for that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

So ...somebody driving their kids to school in an S-class Merc, that's ok? Or how about in a Transit van? Or in a Ferrari ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Blah, children should walk or cycle to school, like I always did! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

peasant wrote: »
    So ...somebody driving their kids to school in an S-class Merc, that's ok? Or how about in a Transit van? Or in a Ferrari ?

touche!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

peasant wrote: »

Thread closed. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Thread closed. :cool:

That can be arranged:

Ba-dumm-tish :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement