Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

50K to invest mining (S9) or ALTs (Speculative)

• 09-12-2017 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Just wondering peoples thoughts i am considering buying 15 S9 Antminers for delivery in January with hosting probably around 35K Euro investment and pushing 15K into some altcoins.

Or should i forgo the mining operation and put it all on the Alts.

Some of the coins i am interested in :

Xledger
    IOTA
    Funfair
    ETH
    civic
    Dragon
    Monero
    Dash

Which would you do and which alt/coin? I already have some bitcoin from 400 so sitting on that at the moment and will continue to sit on it. I think theres 1 year left in this and then a crash but then 12 years later a proper real business (like dotcom).

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I don't know much about Mining other than a mate had recently ordered a similar rig and cancelled it as hes making more money in Bitcoin and Alts. What sort of timeframe are you thinking of? They all seem like solid choices apart from Dragon. Low volume coins are risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 terrabyte

It's quite profitable at the moment mining Bitcoin probably around 25-40 a unit per day. Could constantly roll over but if Bitcoin is below 10k is harder to make money but if stays up a killing could be made even accounting for difficulty increasing..

For the coins 1 year timeline til the crash any other coins you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 terrabyte

Id probably like to mine and trade think it's a good combination and fun

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

I’ll be able to offer cheaper hosting.

Send me a PM and we can discuss.

Advertisement