Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I’ve been asked to participate in Mincear/ Traveler culture

• 19-09-2019 7:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

I know this sounds strange but a lad I’ve known all my life is marrying a settled, ethnic, indigenous Traveler. Unfortunately her family is involved in a feud with another family and my pal has been asked to help settle it by fighting someone in a bare knuckle contest. Each side is being asked to put up a ‘fair play man’ and my mate has asked me to be the one on his side. I’m both excited but nervous. I’ve watched some YouTube videos and think I get the gist of my responsibilities but would appreciate any advice from people who may know more or participated in this indigenous cultural celebration before. Please only post positive suggestions as this isn’t meant to be judgmental of Mincear culture as they are the indigenous inhabitants of this island.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Watch his corner, simple as....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fake story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Hone your verbal insult skills. Go straight in with Shock and Awe. It's just as important to disorientate and wound with carefully chosen insults like my personal favourite "ya big red tomato faced spaghetti head barsteward!"

I once witnessed these verbal insult matches and GOT has nattin on them.

Wish your story was true now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Please only post positive suggestions as this isn’t meant to be judgmental of Mincear culture as they are the indigenous inhabitants of this island.

You need to troll harder. Travellers only originated about 400 years ago, so hardly indigenous.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

So a family (families) that think any sort of argument can be sorted with fists are not going to turn their attention on the outsider's outsider if they do not like his opinions?

And/or...two traveller families are using an outsider to settle their problems, and he is using an outsider for support.

And/or...either this is a wind up, or this whole set up is as moronic as it appears to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

This thread will end up like a bucket of sh1te

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Just not convincing. This would never happen. Shag off with yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not even a decent attempt. Not a word of truth to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

looksee wrote: »
    So a family (families) that think any sort of argument can be sorted with fists are not going to turn their attention on the outsider's outsider if they do not like his opinions?

And/or...two traveller families are using an outsider to settle their problems, and he is using an outsider for support.

And/or...either this is a wind up, or this whole set up is as moronic as it appears to be.

Troll.....he's been over on the Athletics & Running forum posting random sh1te as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It really is time to implement a posting limit on new accounts. Either make them have a minimum post count before posting here or prevent them from starting new threads for a period of time because right now AH is just the same couple of brand new re-reg accounts dropping troll threads over and over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This will end as well as this supposed fight.

Closing thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement