Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society - Dooks Golf club 21st Sept 2pm

• 30-08-2019 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭

So Captains day is next... Its the big one..

Dooks Golf Club

Enjoy Playing One of Ireland's Oldest Links Golf Courses. If you are on a golfing break in Kerry you won't want to miss the opportunity to play Dooks - a truly magical location for a stunning golf course. Experience breathtaking views and a unique links challenge that golfers have enjoyed since 1889.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKoc_567yQY

The Green fee for this one is €50 Teamer invites to follow

(please note the fee is being heavy subsidised by the Society so definite numbers need to be confirmed)

Last chance saloon for some :D

Regards

Benny79

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

I'm on holidays for the next week :cool: so will have limited access but Seve ob or one of the other committee lads hopefully can help with any queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Will have the trophy polished up Captain...so its nice & shiny when you hand it back to me after the round :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Break80

I am abroad the next 2 weeks and hoping to let the phone switched off. Please put me down for dooks if I don't reply on teamer.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Looking forward to a few days golf in unseasonably pleasant weather, you'll never play a more isolated and quiet course, bliss

COTkpgZWcAAYwoe?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Defo in, is Teamer live yet??

• Advertisement

Seve, could I ask if one of the committee could check my handicap before dooks please - I was off 9 in Esker and wasn’t in the prizes but was off 8 in Carlow. It wouldn’t affect the Carlow result I don’t think but would be good to know if I did get a cut at Esker

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭paulos53

Here are the cuts from Esker Hills. You were cut 0.5

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110286165&postcount=93

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

3D Flybys of each hole here Dooks 3D

They are a little old but should still be very accurate if not great looking.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rainbow Warrior

I’m sorry I’m going to miss this one, as well as missing out in Carlow, as I have our Captains Away weekend in Lough Erne Resort at the same time!

paulos53 wrote: »
    Here are the cuts from Esker Hills. You were cut 0.5

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110286165&postcount=93

Thanks paulos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Defo in, is Teamer live yet??

I'm away for a few days so if I miss the Teamer please put me in for it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I'm in!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Will do teamer now . Been dying to play dooks

All, see the post I just put on main society thread re accommodation,

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

What are the handicaps for Dooks after the Carlow outing

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    What are the handicaps for Dooks after the Carlow outing

There on the results sheet in the Carlow thread.

Lads and Ladies,

Can you make sure you are 100% committed for Dooks as I have to confirm numbers this Monday. There is no wriggle room on this one. I know a few that said they were going and haven't accepted on teamer and if you have and cant make it now if you can unaccept.

The Timesheet is done as regards where you stand in golfer of the year points wise.. So leader goes out last and so fort.

Cheers

Benny79

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I’d say I’m in the first group so!!!

To backup what captain said, if you can’t go, we need to know ASAP, we are going to be charged for the spot if it’s not filled.

It’s going to be a great weekend so let’s go enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

benny79 wrote: »
    Lads and Ladies,

Can you make sure you are 100% committed for Dooks as I have to confirm numbers this Monday. There is no wriggle room on this one. I know a few that said they were going and haven't accepted on teamer and if you have and cant make it now if you can unaccept.

The Timesheet is done as regards where you stand in golfer of the year points wise.. So leader goes out last and so fort.

Cheers

Benny79

Do you know if we are going out in threes or fours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Kingswood Rover plus 1 visitor are deffo going

Kingswood Rover plus 1 visitor are deffo going

Is that not 2 GMur and The Chap man, I've informed the Captain of 2

Benny I have a visitor coming also, not sure if I already said it to you

Jaysus lads im like a child waiting for Santa, Can't wait for weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Jaysus lads im like a child waiting for Santa, Can't wait for weekend

Hope you’re on the good list Joey, not too sure about that one

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Is that not 2 GMur and The Chap man, I've informed the Captain of 2

Yes golf head sorry the sun and 30 degree heat has warped me mallet oh and getting bohs in the semi WAR

Yes golf head sorry the sun and 30 degree heat has warped me mallet oh and getting bohs in the semi WAR

Don't write off Crumlin (off topic)

Lads what are the tee times please, need to tell my better half what time I’m leaving etc? Just first group out even is fine to work out travel time

Lads what are the tee times please, need to tell my better half what time I’m leaving etc? Just first group out even is fine to work out travel time

Permission slips for wives and girlfriends to allow you play in Captains Prize are available from Benny, Excuses are available from all of us...haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Not sure if its changed or not, but thread title says 2pm (same time also listed on Teamer)

Advertisement