Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Action transfers / rubons.

Options
  • 24-07-2019 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭

These are pretty much totally forgotten now but I remember them being really popular in the 70's and 80's. They were these kind of action stickers which you transferred onto a surface by rubbing on them, usually with a pencil and transferring them onto a backdrop to create a scene. I remember a Star Wars one we had when I was very young, probably for Empire Strikes Back. I also remember Roman Soldier and cowboy themed ones.

62da4e1f31d6b445aa51fdabd4b2c1f1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Kalkitos was the name of the ones I used to get. Was moving house back in 03 and found an old one featuring Road runner and Wil E Coyote. Had to be around since early 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I remember that I got one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bought Kalkitos a lot in the summers of 1979 and 1980

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I remember an A-Team and Knight Rider ones of these?
    Didn't some come with a 'cardboard scene' you could transfer them on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I remember an A-Team and Knight Rider ones of these?
    Didn't some come with a 'cardboard scene' you could transfer them on?

Yes that's right, they usually did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement