Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

232 days

• 23-07-2019 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

232 Days
    19 Hours
    45 Minutes
    21 Seconds to Cheltenham

Just sayin...........................;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

232 Days
    19 Hours
    45 Minutes
    21 Seconds to Cheltenham

Just sayin...........................;)

I agree with you tbh Roger. This flat season has been atrocious. The July Cup, the Eclipse, the Irish Derby and Irish Oaks the only races I’ve watched since Royal Ascot and the Oaks I can barely even remember and it was 3 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I agree with you tbh Roger. This flat season has been atrocious. The July Cup, the Eclipse, the Irish Derby and Irish Oaks the only races I’ve watched since Royal Ascot and the Oaks I can barely even remember and it was 3 days ago.

Roll on Bristol de Mai hacking up at Haydock and talk of the triple crown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Seriously the flat is so dull.

Roll on September when Mark Howards book One Jump Ahead lands through my door.

Be interesting full season without Ruby also.

Can't wait to see what they do with Gypsy Island
    Have a feeling this one could be something very special

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What are you backing next week Roger?

Do you fancy anything in the plate?

I am looking at Plate - Poker Party https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Galway_Wed_31st_Jul_2019_7_20&prc=089&prd=201907311920

I reckon the hurdle - Play the Game https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Galway_Thu_1st_Aug_2019_4_55&prc=089&prd=201908011655

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Ive backed Three Musketeers for the Plate in a hope Gordon can exploit his chase mark like he did over hurdles at Aintree on his first run for the yard.

20/1 ew

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

madmoose wrote: »
    Ive backed Three Musketeers for the Plate in a hope Gordon can exploit his chase mark like he did over hurdles at Aintree on his first run for the yard.

20/1 ew

Great shout. The fact remains you don't have to be a good chaser to win around Galway. There is still 2-3 furlongs to catch up after the last fence.

The race has thrown up some useful winners though, RTR and Balco de Flo, both good horses. Carlingford lough.

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I am looking at Plate - Poker Party https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Galway_Wed_31st_Jul_2019_7_20&prc=089&prd=201907311920

I reckon the hurdle - Play the Game https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Galway_Thu_1st_Aug_2019_4_55&prc=089&prd=201908011655

Way too early yet buddy
    Be interested to see how peregrine is treated
    Be Sunday before I will have a proper look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Gardens of Babylon I reckon Roger. Good prep run there at killarney the last day and a nice price

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Gardens of Babylon I reckon Roger. Good prep run there at killarney the last day and a nice price

Classy type too
    Was rated similar to Sir Erec this time last year

• Advertisement

Sole Pretender in the hurdle worth a look Moron.
    Aimed at this i am told all year, Galway trainer etc.
    This is the race they want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Hurdle looks a poor race, plate, im going to try not to assume Coney Island will sleuce up. Ill fail and go for him for sure as a class apart from these.

Will Peregrine run in the plate? Entered in both, it's Fahy's only entry in the hurdle I think

219 Days, 2 hours, 50 minutes, 32 seconds to cheltenham

Getting closer lads!!!

Nearly there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Must be getting close enough, as im booking by flights accom and tickets to the November meeting htis week (first time going)

211 days
    3 hours
    25 minutes

#justsayin' :D

204 days lads!

Hey picachu, if you are reading this and rolling your eyes.......bite me!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

125 days until Christmas.

Cant wait!!

197 Days
    19 hours
    52 minutes
    39 seconds to Cheltenham 2020

Getting there lads! Must buy a winter coat.........

An aul tweed jacket and flat cap with skinny pants up above the ankle #rightjob

• Advertisement

Andrew00 wrote: »
    An aul tweed jacket and flat cap with skinny pants up above the ankle #rightjob

No socks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I think you need to get out a little more Roger :pac:

BumperD wrote: »
    I think you need to get out a little more Roger :pac:

I need to stay in more Bumper!

190 days
    18 hours
    39 minutes
    15 seconds till Gypsy Island sets off for its first run at Cheltenham.......

Up ya boy ya

184 Days
    0 hours
    24 minutes
    45 seconds to the best roar in world sport BAR NONE

:)

176 days
    19 hours
    43 minutes
    44 seconds
    to HEAVEN ON TURF!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭supremenovice

aidankkk wrote: »
    Must be getting close enough, as im booking by flights accom and tickets to the November meeting htis week (first time going)

Im heading to my tenth November meeting. Just going the Saturday this year. Fly to Birmingham Friday night, train to Cheltenham Saturday morning (50mins). Probably get dinner in town after racing before the train home. Ryanair flight back Sunday morning. Flights, hotel x 2nights and racecourse ticket for €250 a head. I even forked out for my Dad for Fathers Day ;)

Im heading to my tenth November meeting. Just going the Saturday this year. Fly to Birmingham Friday night, train to Cheltenham Saturday morning (50mins). Probably get dinner in town after racing before the train home. Ryanair flight back Sunday morning. Flights, hotel x 2nights and racecourse ticket for €250 a head. I even forked out for my Dad for Fathers Day ;)

Everyone came back from November meeting last year lumping on Lalor for the arkle........and Elixier da nutz for the supreme!
    Don't get sucked in again lads :D

• Advertisement

169 Days
    0 hours
    14 minutes
    31 seconds
    to The beginning of the best week in sport

Advertisement