Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan The hunt for Webb Ellis

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

ill be in london for the entirity of the tournament. Where is a good place to watch the games that serves daddy sodas at that hour of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Again it's World Rugbys job to ensure that this doesn't happen, not the FFRs. A simple law change saying that you can't play for your club during the world cup if you turn down a call up or your club refuses to release you resolves the issue. It works in football, it can work in rugby and it would put manners on the LNR and PRL.

In most of these cases they just announce their retirement from International right. Nobody can be forced to make themselves available to play for their country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Interesting graph here. Surprised SA have sp few rest days

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

I just saw the attached on Twitter. Some teams have a 3 day turnaround - is that normal?

andymx11 wrote: »
    I just saw the attached on Twitter. Some teams have a 3 day turnaround - is that normal?

That's what I was trying to link to but forgot link!

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    That's what I was trying to link to but forgot link!

So I win ? :)

So we are the only team in our group who doesn’t. Canada, Fiji and Tonga all have it twice, that’s rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

stephen_n wrote: »
    So we are the only team in our group who doesn’t. Canada, Fiji and Tonga all have it twice, that’s rough.

Sorry, could you explain that post please?

What is it that we don’t have that those teams have twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Are Australia and Tonga based on the moon or something?

Seem to be near nothing.

Sorry, could you explain that post please?

What is it that we don’t have that those teams have twice?

3 day turnarounds for games.

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote: »
    3 day turnarounds for games.

Samoa, Japan and Ireland don’t have any 3 day turnarounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

SA, England, Wales.

Hoping to trade England or Wales with Ireland come end of the day Sept 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Where is everyone gonna be watching the games? I’ll watch the smaller matches at home but I wouldn’t mind heading somewhere with a bit of atmosphere for the bigger games. World Cup only comes along every 4 years and my family aren’t into rugby at all so it’d probably be a bit of an anticlimax watching all the games in the house (well that and they’d be tearing their hair out). Anyone have any recommendations based on 2011 when the matches were on at similar times?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Samoa lose captain Piula Fa'asalele

http://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/_/617998

Will be touch and go if he's back for the RWC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

NeonWolf wrote: »
    ill be in london for the entirity of the tournament. Where is a good place to watch the games that serves daddy sodas at that hour of the day?

I watched the 2015 WC in The Walkabout in Temple and got pints in the AM. Would get a big Oz and Kiwi crowd in them pubs. There is one in Covent Garden too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Who's singing irelands Call this year ??

The High Kings done the 2015 version

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

PTH2009 wrote: »

And they done good eh bro...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

You'd know it's the off season... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭roverjoyce

Can we not change it to Nkosi Sikelel'iAfrika

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Te'o, Mike brown, dombrandt and Ben Spencer cut from the England squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Te'o, Mike brown, dombrandt and Ben Spencer cut from the England squad

If Ben had stayed here, anyone think he could have got to go to Japan with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

kuang1 wrote: »

No. I’m surprised it took England so long to drop him, he isn’t an international standard centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

ClanofLams wrote: »
    No. I’m surprised it took England so long to drop him, he isn’t an international standard centre.

I haven't really rated Te'o since he left Leinster, where he was making some decent ground with his offloading game, however, there's obviously something the coaches see in him to warrant the number of England caps he's picked up since he joined, as well as 2 test appearances for the Lions under Gatland.

If Australia beat NZ this weekend then Wales take the number 1 ranking in the world..

They need to beat or draw with England to keep it but I don’t see how this happened - it’s feeling like we were hammering away for a year with good results and couldn’t take the top spot :(

andymx11 wrote: »
    If Australia beat NZ this weekend then Wales take the number 1 ranking in the world..

They need to beat or draw with England to keep it but I don’t see how this happened - it’s feeling like we were hammering away for a year with good results and couldn’t take the top spot :(

Would be fairly unlikely Australia will beat NZ though

Eod100 wrote: »
    Would be fairly unlikely Australia will beat NZ though

I know but still...

McGrath
    Herring
    Porter
    Dev
    Kleyn
    Rhys
    TOD
    Jordi Murphy
    Luke
    Carbery
    Conway
    Farrell
    Ringrose
    D Kearney
    Larmour

Have at ye

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭redmca2

kuang1 wrote: »

I never saw anything special in Teo when he was with Leinster. Not in the same league as Henshaw or Ringland

redmca2 wrote: »
    I never saw anything special in Teo when he was with Leinster. Not in the same league as Henshaw or Ringland

He was the standout player in leinster's poorest year under MOC. He constantly made linebreaks and created tries. Literally the only good thing I can remember from that year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

redmca2 wrote: »

Teo does have the edge age-wise tho ;)

Advertisement