Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

male chicks can't be killed any more.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PainInTheArse

gozunda wrote: »
    Gas is also used in a lot of the industry. However even this will be redundant once veganism becomes the norm.

Not used by many smaller scale free range organic producers

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

FYP :D

Bit late to the discussion PITA?

I see you can't post your own comment - as you obviously don't have the foggiest about that. So fixed it back ... ;)

Gas is also used in a lot of the industry. However even this will be redundant once egg sexing becomes the norm.

Not used by many smaller scale free range organic producers

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PainInTheArse

Bit late to the discussion PITA?

I see you can't post your own comment - as you obviously don't have the foggiest about that. So fixed it back ... ;)

Yeah I am a bit late , never really get any free time.

Its going to be a long time before egg sexing becomes the norm and it will be down to each individual hatchery whether they wish to invest in such technology.

Sure until then lets just keep grinding up and gassing male chicks (3.2 billion a year) for a product that a lot of us can do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yeah I am a bit late , never really get any free time.
    Its going to be a long time before egg sexing becomes the norm and it will be down to each individual hatchery whether they wish to invest in such technology.Sure until then lets just keep grinding up and gassing male chicks (3.2 billion a year) for a product that a lot of us can do without.

Yeah strange alright- seems a lot of posters around here say that. A simple reply is just as quick as a throwaway one tbh. But hey no bothers.

But nope. Incorrect. Sexing of eggs is already in the pipeline and being trialed. The other methods make no sense tbh with regard to welfare and extra cost. But more importantly no one has to buy intensively produced poultry. Source locally or keep your own. Its not that difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Source locally or keep your own. Its not that difficult.
    The hawks and martens that visit my garden are immensely grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ive stopped growing vegetables for the table.
    The screams of those poor little carrots being ripped from the nice warm soil where they grew up :)

Rohald Dahl even wrote a book about it!

https://www.roalddahlfans.com/dahls-work/short-stories/the-sound-machine/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

rivegauche wrote: »
    The hawks and martens that visit my garden are immensely grateful.

still easy; we had black backed gulls and reared and hatched fine

Advertisement