Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

9 ball pool - How to play?

• 30-03-2019 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

9 ball pool - Do you have to pot the balls in ascending order?

Or can you pot them in any order?

Could you pot all the balls, Miss your shot on the 9 and your opponent steps up to put the 9 and win the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,290 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Danye wrote: »
    Hi all,

9 ball pool - Do you have to pot the balls in ascending order?
    Or can you pot them in any order?

Any order. You just have to hit the lowest numbered ball first at all times, but you can pot anything. So you could clear the rack by going 'plant the 1 onto the 7, plant 1 onto 6, pot 1, pot 2, plant 3 onto 5 etc'
    Danye wrote: »
    Could you pot all the balls, Miss your shot on the 9 and your opponent steps up to put the 9 and win the game?

Yes, this can happen. I've been known to suffer from 'nineball-itis' a lot. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Its a bit of a funny game when you are used to playing 8 ball.

If you pot the 9 off break, you win the game. If you are on the 1 ball, and can line up a plant to pot the 9, you win the game. Very interesting game to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Its a bit of a funny game when you are used to playing 8 ball.

If you pot the 9 off break, you win the game. If you are on the 1 ball, and can line up a plant to pot the 9, you win the game. Very interesting game to watch

The US Open was on last weekend.

Most of the big matches are up on Youtube. Lovely game to watch alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I would have played pool a lot years ago and played nine ball in the mardyke in cork where they had American pool tables in and the balls for it. I loved nine ball because of watching the mosconi cup just before Christmas on sky years ago. It's a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mad about 9-ball myself.

Far, far, farrrrr harder than 8-Ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

callaway92 wrote: »
    Mad about 9-ball myself.

Far, far, farrrrr harder than 8-Ball

Far more emphasis on positional play. Great game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Holy Diver wrote: »
    Far more emphasis on positional play. Great game