Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beep scheme - anyone joining

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone know where I could rent a scales in north Mayo? NCF haven't gotten theirs yet and I've two cows sold so I'd like to pick up the €40 before they leave the yard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭tanko

You could give ICBF a ring, they might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Is it open to suckers and drystock? We're in the process of phasing out the cows here but would be keen enough to join. The brother in law already has a scales that he has said I can use so no money cost only time.

Suckler, cow and unweaned calf to be weighed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Jack C

Was going to rent scales. See the long awaited list of places where you can rent are on ICBF site.
    Covers a whopping 6 counties...… nowhere in Leinster or Connaught.
    Planning to sell autumn calves soon so hope they get a move on and add a few more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Sami23

Jack C wrote: »
    Was going to rent scales. See the long awaited list of places where you can rent are on ICBF site.

Anyone planning on buying there own scales for BEEP.
    Is there a possibility of the scheme continuing next year if a lad was to buy 1 I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Planning to sell autumn calves soon so hope they get a move on and add a few more.

Where on ICBF do you see the places where you can rent the scales? I'm looking in the BEEP section but can't see it.

Parishlad wrote: »
    Where on ICBF do you see the places where you can rent the scales? I'm looking in the BEEP section but can't see it.

mybeep.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Any numbers on how many actually signed up? Be interesting to see as I reckon feck all did and less will actually do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Contact your local coop

I've a fella in Castlebar I used, €50, didnt matter how many calves I had

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Simmental.

Any numbers on how many actually signed up? Be interesting to see as I reckon feck all did and less will actually do it.

18,593 signed up to it.
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/the-figures-are-in-18500-farmers-apply-for-beep-scheme/

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

I can't see the rental list at all. Is it because I'm on my phone? Can everyone else see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭893bet

Where abouts on mybeep.ie is the list for rental?

893bet wrote: »
    Where abouts on mybeep.ie is the list for rental?

Click into 'Rent a scales' then click create reservation and then enter your herd number and name. After that the list will come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

A neighbour asked me a question re this scheme and I could not find the answer online, if he weighs an animal on Tuesday and sells on Thursday will he have any problem, from memory the suckler welfare scheme required an animal to be weaned two weeks and prior to selling but is this still the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭tanko

No, he can sell away afaik.

Is there a minimum calf age?

Calf born Wednesday. Registered him today.
    Have scales booked for tomorrow. Can I weigh him and include in the scheme?

893bet wrote: »

Calf born Wednesday. Registered him today.
    Have scales booked for tomorrow. Can I weigh him and include in the scheme?

Yes he should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Still no scales to rent in Meath.....

• Advertisement

Still no scales to rent in Meath.....

Would ya be tempted to buy one as more than likely weighing will be included in other scheme's going forward ?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pure breed

893bet wrote:

I thought the calves had to be at least 5-8 months before being weighed?

pure breed wrote: »
    I thought the calves had to be at least 5-8 months before being weighed?

Def not. Calf born a month ago is showing as available. I assume new fella will pop in once registration goes through.

Job done today in 3 hours including collecting and dropping the scales back.

Fairly straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Anyone rent scales from the co-op/mart? Were you able to fit them in the boot or did ye need to bring the trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭nightpark

Couple of questions. Can I enter weights multiple times so can I enter 20 cows and calves in next week and then another 20 2 months later provided calves are between the set ages. If I use the icbf app for the weights will that automatically send in the weights for the scheme? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭jfh

Sorry probably lazy for asking this but I will anyway.
    Is it a percentage of total cows or all the cows with calfs that need to be weighed?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭nightpark

All the cows with calves eligible for the scheme - all ones born between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

nightpark wrote: »
    Couple of questions. Can I enter weights multiple times so can I enter 20 cows and calves in next week and then another 20 2 months later provided calves are between the set ages. If I use the icbf app for the weights will that automatically send in the weights for the scheme? Cheers.

Don’t know the answer for certain but I can’t see a problem with that. As long as you weigh the cow and calf pairs on the same day. I’d say the ICBF app will just submit what you have entered until such time as they are all entered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭jfh

nightpark wrote: »
    All the cows with calves eligible for the scheme - all ones born between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.

Yeah that's what I thought, someone was trying to convince me that it was only a certain percentage to be weighed and you got paid for all. That makes sense, thanks

Advertisement