Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing GEM at 40

• 14-01-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi. Help! I want to do GEM more than anything else. I think I will regret it if I don’t. I have a young family and I’m wondering how realistic this is. I am energetic and organized and have my husbands support. I’m prepared for the long days and putting in an hour or so of study every evening and more at weekends. Am I crazy??!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Sugarloaf12345

HI. I dont think you are crazy, you only live once and if you really want it and are happy and well supported then go for it. I will be 30 starting it and will have very little support only myself and I am very conscious of the fees etc. It will cost approx 100k in total for 4 years including fees and living expenses, considering you have a young family you and your OH should sit down and work this element out first. Once you guys have a structure give it a go.. whats the worst that will happen? You will need to drop out. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
    Have you sat the gamsat yet?

Advertisement