Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a murderer (Netflix)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bazzy wrote: »
    One thing that struck me

I think there innocent Steven and Brendan

Earl whos looking after the business I think it was episode 6 or 7 was giving the poor mouth about how they hadn't money to get the Lifting machines oil changed

But he got out of a new looking bright yellow mustang.

After that you see the Mother and Father travelling to Prison in a relatively new Hyundai car so i wonder did they get some sponsorship?

I'm sure the family would be getting some money from Netflix for all the interviews and media stuff. It's one of the most popular shows on Netflix ever.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Bazzy wrote: »
    One thing that struck me

I think there innocent Steven and Brendan

Earl whos looking after the business I think it was episode 6 or 7 was giving the poor mouth about how they hadn't money to get the Lifting machines oil changed

But he got out of a new looking bright yellow mustang.

After that you see the Mother and Father travelling to Prison in a relatively new Hyundai car so i wonder did they get some sponsorship?

Probably got a few quid from the show itself maybe

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A few new people from the family also appeared in the doc this time.
    Also, the father seemed to hate the doc team there at first and then started to warm to them. I'm not sure if it was financially beneficial to him to do so.....maybe that's for Conspiracy Theories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

What really gets me about this case is Brendans telephone calls to his mother about how avery carried out the crimes. If it wasnt for that, I would be banking on him and Avery being innocent with Bobby Dassey or the ex being the main suspects but something about those calls tells me he wasnt lying.

I don't remember those, do you have a link to where he was referring to Steven as doing it? My hearing is awful though so a lof of the times when Brendan is saying stuff over the phone I can't hear it right. My heart did almost break though, when he told Barb the first time his conviction was overthrown that he could spend all his money he had left on a Dominos cos he was getting out soon, I cried after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Babooshka wrote: »
    I don't remember those, do you have a link to where he was referring to Steven as doing it? My hearing is awful though so a lof of the times when Brendan is saying stuff over the phone I can't hear it right. My heart did almost break though, when he told Barb the first time his conviction was overthrown that he could spend all his money he had left on a Dominos cos he was getting out soon, I cried after that.

http://jenniferjslate.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/DasseyBarbPhoneCall_5.13.06.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

That's pretty damning alright. I'm one of the few that's more on the guilty than innocent side and that conversation does nothing to change my mind! Was it ever used in either trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Kingp35 wrote: »
    That's pretty damning alright. I'm one of the few that's more on the guilty than innocent side and that conversation does nothing to change my mind! Was it ever used in either trial?

I don’t know but I’d imagine it was in some way or another.

I can understand the way people think about the interrogation as the methods they used were completely wrong but I don’t really think he would lie over the phone to his mother when he had no real reason to do so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've seen their new evidence so far, and it hasn't changed anything.
    I'm not sure what announcement likes this have besides giving false hope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Excellent point. Really insightful. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

She's doing a Q&A tomorrow at 6.30 pm our time on Twitter.

I'm in a group on Facebook, where Brad (Dassey) just posted. He was after doing a short interview on a radio, and Barb posted this really angry tirade on another group on Facebook, then was trying to ring him lots of times. Then she texted him and told him she wanted to talk to him in private.
    He's going mad at Barb now, saying she's just mad, bad news, that herself and Scott rang his phone numerous times under false numbers to threaten him. He knows what they were at because he answered Scott once and got abuse and insults from him.

He says in that interview on the radio that he thinks Bobby and Scott are likely to be the guilty parties. He reckons Scott is crazy-violent, and like myself and others have expressed here and elsewhere, thinks she's either in denial, or simply lying.

Here's a link to the interview
    https://www.spreaker.com/user/woodwardradio/segment-8-an-iterview-with-brendan-dasse?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=user%3A9101504&utm_term=episode_title&fbclid=IwAR0TzEjBr-O0qK2_9ByWCX96RTloXwEOMpz-cmHqI9gHGfVwlmXDOJgO888

edit : forgot to say, skip in a bit past the music game, Brad comes on right after that.

She clearly says in the article that statistically, the most publicized cases are more likely to get a retrial or exoneration.
    She is working really hard to publicize the case even more, for SA's sake.

The more pressure the better I guess.

This is Barb's message for anyone interested in all that gossip :)

Excellent point. Really insightful. Fair play.

Sorry, maybe I should elaborate. In S2 of MAM, there are numerous times where she submits new evidence, makes a big deal of it, has press waiting on the steps of the court house, has everyone excited that Steven is going to get a new trial.....and the the new evidence doesn't lead to a new trial.

She clearly says in the article that statistically, the most publicized cases are more likely to get a retrial or exoneration.
    She is working really hard to publicize the case even more, for SA's sake.

The more pressure the better I guess.

That's all she is doing, keeping momentum going. But unless she has a smoking gun, there is no retrial coming.

It starts after 5 minutes.
    There's nothing really damning in it, just basically clearing up some family tree stuff, that he thinks Tadyck is not a nice guy, tried to bring XPac to visit Brenden, the story Brendan gave is from a movie called Kiss The Girls, he has a song that makes no money, not married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Sorry, maybe I should elaborate. In S2 of MAM, there are numerous times where she submits new evidence, makes a big deal of it, has press waiting on the steps of the court house, has everyone excited that Steven is going to get a new trial.....and the the new evidence doesn't lead to a new trial.

I think you may be imagining things. From my recollection, the press were waiting on her once, when she filed her request for additional scientific testing. I don't recall any other time she speaks to the press like that? What events are you referring to?

Pelvis wrote: »
    I think you may be imagining things. From my recollection, the press were waiting on her once, when she filed her request for additional scientific testing. I don't recall any other time she speaks to the press like that? What events are you referring to?

I am not imagining things.
    There was only one time where she had the press waiting when she submitted the documents the first time. Maybe how I've written my sentence out it would makes it appear there were numerous times, but it's just once.

The next time there is no press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I am not imagining things.
    There was only one time where she had the press waiting when she submitted the documents the first time. Maybe how I've written my sentence out it would makes it appear there were numerous times, but it's just once.

The next time there is no press.
    Yeah your sentence makes it appear that it happens multiple times, probably because that's what you wrote.

Pelvis wrote: »
    Yeah your sentence makes it appear that it happens multiple times, probably because that's what you wrote.

or because how you read it :)

But let's not get bogged down on this.

Essentially, there has been hysteria that Steven will be given new trial dates due to new evidence in the past, that have all lead to nothing but false hopes.
    I imagine this news of new evidence to be the same unless it' a smoking gun.

or because how you read it :)

But let's not get bogged down on this.

Essentially, there has been hysteria that Steven will be given new trial dates due to new evidence in the past, that have all lead to nothing but false hopes.
    I imagine this news of new evidence to be the same unless it' a smoking gun.

What she has as it stands should be well enough to get a retrial were the system not so corrupt.

I believe she has a stash of other bits she's not showing, plus the momentum is such at this stage that the state is going to have to respond.

She's very skilled in using the media and public opinion, and I think she is edging towards a reversal of fortune for whomever in the system will be first to acknowledge the issues of Wisconsin justice system and make the first step in correcting them.

It seems a good tactical move to push and push, until the judge/DA to allow a retrial is hailed as the hero who finally is willing to deal with the whole mess. (and fair f*cks to them)

• Advertisement

I'm not sure that the system is corrupt. Is she so skilled that she is trying to make us believe that :)

I'm not sure that the system is corrupt. Is she so skilled that she is trying to make us believe that :)

Well the system itself is not corrupt I guess, it's the people who are supposed to make it work that are.

People in Wisconsin seem well aware of how corrupt their state agencies are, Zellner is only lending support and publicizing it more now.

Here's an unbalanced, sure enough, but very comprehensive glimpse into Brad Schimel, one piece of previous puzzle. You'll need a VPN for the first link, but reddits have plenty of info too.
    https://onewisconsinnow.org/tag/brad-schimel/

https://www.reddit.com/r/wisconsin/search?q=brad%20schimel&restrict_sr=1

What did people make of the revelations?

https://twitter.com/ZellnerLaw/status/1063137091746496512?s=19

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I couldn't stick with season 2. I found any scenes without Zellner to be a chore. Sick to death of the sob story from the family's perspective. Its the same thing over and over. I'm considering watching the rest of but recutting it to remove all the fluff.

Just read through it all there.

Interesting that there are more witnesses to seeing the Rav4 being moved about, but we know that it was moved anyways. It doesn't incriminate anyone.

The 3 main things:
    - Bobby hung dear in his shed that's now being tested for DNA. If there is DNA from TH found that changes everything. But hanging a dear after killing it is normal I think.
    - Scott was there the day of the murder but he claims otherwise
    - The battery was changed. I'd love to know who bought the battery, that's the smoking gun there. If the battery was bought and replaced while the Rav4 was being moved around, that's someone that was involved. A dead battery may indicate that the car was left with it's lights on for an extended period while the engine wasn't turned over.

Just read through it all there.

Interesting that there are more witnesses to seeing the Rav4 being moved about, but we know that it was moved anyways. It doesn't incriminate anyone.

The 3 main things:
    - Bobby hung dear in his shed that's now being tested for DNA. If there is DNA from TH found that changes everything. But hanging a dear after killing it is normal I think.
    - Scott was there the day of the murder but he claims otherwise
    - The battery was changed. I'd love to know who bought the battery, that's the smoking gun there. If the battery was bought and replaced while the Rav4 was being moved around, that's someone that was involved. A dead battery may indicate that the car was left with it's lights on for an extended period while the engine wasn't turned over.

There is a report from Wiegert in the case files where he states ringing the LeMieux Toyota garage to enquire about the type of battery these Rav4 take, and he gets information on the wiring and installation of said battery.

Have to check the date on that report. I'll share if I find it.

edit : found it. Dated from July 06, so they must have spotted the battery change and made their own enquiries at that stage. There were DNA swabs taken of the battery leads. Mustn't have been Steven's DNA since it wasn't brought up as evidence, and these were taken at the same time as the hoodlatch swab.
    p.873 and 937 Caso investigative report

Zellner is trying to get access to the Rav4, for now unsuccessfully.

She retweeted this this morning, thought it was funny must have been from the game last night.

https://twitter.com/ZellnerLaw/status/1063407714020352000?s=19

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

She tweeted that quite early yesterday 12.35pm. The match wasn't until 7pm. I'd say it's from on old match but was only tweeted to her yesterday.

Scotty # wrote: »
    She tweeted that quite early yesterday 12.35pm. The match wasn't until 7pm. I'd say it's from on old match but was only tweeted to her yesterday.

The tweet is from the 16th the match was on the 15th.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

I thought there was a match in the Aviva on Wednesday and the pic was from that ? :confused: She's just tweeted a more recent Irish pic with the comment "you are hearing us. Let's hope our "justice system" hears us too". https://twitter.com/ZellnerLaw/status/1064104606014169088

Advertisement