Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDlES

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

savage live band

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

sweetie wrote: »
    savage live band

Yep, fantastic. Really looking forward to that Whelan's gig

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep, fantastic. Really looking forward to that Whelan's gig

moved to the button factory, did you catch them at primavera?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Forget the L in the title duh anyway looking forward to the button factory gig. I listened to Brutalism its pretty good ,thinking the next album could be even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Brutalism was one of my highlights of last year. Got a bit of a Mclusky vibe from it.

• Advertisement

Brutalism was one of my highlights of last year. Got a bit of a Mclusky vibe from it.

Must have missed that post not doubting you didnt post or but brutalism is not an album you would listen to repeatedly..some of the lyrics are a bit naff ,,music is consistently good but songs dont amount to much at the end of a day ..whats that song on the album I worked 17 hours and then 18 hours ..then 19 hours that was a bit of a daft tune

moved to the button factory, did you catch them at primavera?

I did indeed - couldn't persuade any of the group along so headed solo but I thought they were great!

Must have missed that post not doubting you didnt post or but brutalism is not an album you would listen to repeatedly..some of the lyrics are a bit naff ,,music is consistently good but songs dont amount to much at the end of a day ..whats that song on the album I worked 17 hours and then 18 hours ..then 19 hours that was a bit of a daft tune

Almost as if by divinity Mother popped up on youtube feed it's a great song ..I think the videos make the music more palatable.

Just amazing they should be supporting idels..blown away by their gig in Soundhouse

Another track from the forthcoming album released today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Genghis

6 Music session with Idles yesterday on Steve Lamacq. Available on BBC radio iPlayer. Starts at about 2:03. 3 live tracks & banter.

Just amazing they should be supporting idels..blown away by their gig in Soundhouse

Saw them support Fontaines and blow them away

MC supporting Fontaines? gig in whelans tonite was fairly subdued compared to previous outings I thought.

Still pretty awesome in fairness but short 30mins and very packed venue,I was at the back as well.

They got signed !

We are thrilled to welcome @MurderCapital_ to the @13Artists roster!
    Some good artists on that label.

The Academic · Alabama Shakes · Alex Clare · Alex Lahey · The Amazons · Another Sky · Arctic Monkeys · Athlete · Atoms For Peace · Band Of Skulls

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Went to see The Murder Capital last week when they played in the Roisin in Galway. It was free in and there was about twenty people there, tops. I'd never listened to them before and hadn't even heard of them until that day, but reading between the lines I could see there was a bit of a buzz about them from what I'd read.

Man, they were great. Such force. They didn't have much material but what they had was damn good. They gave it loads, even though the place was largely empty. A breath of fresh air compared to the relative blandness of most other Irish guitar bands.

Can't wait til this gig

Can't wait til this gig

Think its sold out ,better have yer tickets!

Arghus wrote: »
    Went to see The Murder Capital last week when they played in the Roisin in Galway. It was free in and there was about twenty people there, tops. I'd never listened to them before and hadn't even heard of them until that day, but reading between the lines I could see there was a bit of a buzz about them from what I'd read.

Man, they were great. Such force. They didn't have much material but what they had was damn good. They gave it loads, even though the place was largely empty. A breath of fresh air compared to the relative blandness of most other Irish guitar bands.

Glad you said most and not all cos there is some excellent Irish Guitar bands out there.

Genghis wrote: »
    6 Music session with Idles yesterday on Steve Lamacq. Available on BBC radio iPlayer. Starts at about 2:03. 3 live tracks & banter.

Class performance.wonder if the gig will be moved again? 3 arena..hope not!

• Advertisement

Think its sold out ,better have yer tickets!

On of the first, for whelans

Fook, didn't see this sold out.

Have my tix ages but a few friends looking, serves them right for dillydallying. Any spares I'll take em!

Tomorrow is the day can't wait to hear this album.

Well seeing as I have heard most of it already its impact was not all that great ..Im scum was the best of the rest

Idles on Jools Holland this eve@10 bbc2

Idles on Jools Holland this eve@10 bbc2

fecking legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,248 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Now THAT was a performance! :O :D

Gig in dublin is gonna be madness!
    Had to switch off jools though Marc ALmond just looked too weird for words,first act wasn't great either !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think the new album is pretty good. Sometimes I think lyrically they are great and then he bellows the odd thing that sounds a bit cliché, but, sure, in the grand scheme of things it's a fairly forgivable offence. My favourites are probably "Never Fight a Man With a Perm" - I love the crushing heaviosity of the guitars at the end of that tune - and I appreciate the outro to "Rottweiler."

I might be crazy but does anyone else hear a Pixies influence in some of the guitar work at times?

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    I think the new album is pretty good. Sometimes I think lyrically they are great and then he bellows the odd thing that sounds a bit cliché, but, sure, in the grand scheme of things it's a fairly forgivable offence. My favourites are probably "Never Fight a Man With a Perm" - I love the crushing heaviosity of the guitars at the end of that tune - and I appreciate the outro to "Rottweiler."

I might be crazy but does anyone else hear a Pixies influence in some of the guitar work at times?

Sure the pixies have influenced everyone ..can't say I ever thought that though.

Advertisement