Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For Sale and Freebie thread

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads as some of you know I'm moving country so have a big clear out to do.

RST 2 piece leathers: €125

ZDFlZTRkOTk0OTc1ODM4NWM2NDdjYzMzOGFhMThmMGGB0fXfUy9RuBZuPaMTAqaUaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMjUwNzZiYzdiYmFiNGEyZmU1MzNhOTFjMDIwMDFlNDNmY2NkMzFkODdhN2M3YmU3ZDJkNDE5NWQ0ZGVmNDhhZi5qcGd8fHx8fHwyMTl4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

RST 2 piece textile: €125

rCbObyF.jpg?1

TCX Boots: €75
    OTg5N2Q5MTdkYzNjYmM3NDYwMWUwNjM0OGU1ZWUyOGH_jwx4Cco8PCyx7C_lmT15aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYmE4OWU3YTNiNjJlYjkxOTNlOTQ5ZDlmZWE4MDQ2ODYzYTllNzQ0ZTcyOWQ3YWZhYWIzYzUwMTNkZDMzMGNiZi5qcGd8fHx8fHwyMTl4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Have some other stuff too, 2 pairs of waterproof gloves size small/medium almost brand new - €30 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭newmember2

Wood wrote: »
    Looking for a ladies jacket, size 10/12, cheap would be great. free would be amazing.

Just for the missus on the pillion (p.s i'm not trading the missus for the jacket).

Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Free to good home.
    Ladies size 6 boots. They are ok quality and used, but still serviceable.

I can't see the make, but think aldi/probiker level of quality.

I'm based in Cork and can meet in the city during lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Selling my Oxford handguards, didn't have them very long and they are virtually brand new.

https://www.adverts.ie/accessories/oxford-handguards/16916602?notification=398b04323ddfa5852653a1d47e4e7591-1544733423

Theory Test Disc if anyone is looking for one or knows somebody who is.

https://www.adverts.ie/17121339

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Passing along my L-Vest free of charge to the first learner who PM's me for it. I'll have it posted nationwide, just like how it was sent to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

20190207-162342.jpg

20190207-162323.jpg

Free if anyone wants it. Never used.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Interested if the size suits. I'm 57/58. Would cover postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mamax

20190207-162342.jpg

Free if anyone wants it. Never used.

Or if a small size 54/55 I'd be interested in it for the young lad, would cover post

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

myclist wrote: »
    Interested if the size suits. I'm 57/58. Would cover postage.

Yeah it's a 58 medium. For collection, portarlington.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

No can do on the collection. Thanks anyway. Hope it finds a new owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Hi lads and ladies, I'm doing a bit a clear out and I need to sell the crumb rubber flooring in my garage. Its very very heavy duty, 10 mill thick and is well above anything available in retail.

My missus picked it up from her uncle who uses it commercially. The tiles cover an area 220cm x 400cm (8.8 sqm) and could be cut to cover a different shape if needed.

473935.jpg

473936.jpg

The equivalent is £40 per sqm on amazon. I'm looking for €200 for the lot. Can be collected from Dublin 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Have my old gear for sale.
    Doesn't fit me anymore as lost a bit weight.
    Put it up for €80, too much? Unsure how to price it.
    http://www.adverts.ie/17335474

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Dainese Goretex trousers Size EUR 50 UK40 (approx Waist 32-33inch Leg 32inch)
    Cloth liner at ankles shredded from boot buckles. Goretex liner undamaged.
    Thermal liner included. Piece of fabric to effect repair included too!

Free to collector in Cork city, Charleville, or in Kinvara on Friday Mar 1st.
    I can take a few photos if someone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭davidglanza

Dainese Goretex trousers Size EUR 50 UK40 (approx Waist 32-33inch Leg 32inch)
    Cloth liner at ankles shredded from boot buckles. Goretex liner undamaged.
    Thermal liner included. Piece of fabric to effect repair included too!

Free to collector in Cork city, Charleville, or in Kinvara on Friday Mar 1st.
    I can take a few photos if someone's interested.

I'll take these off you I'm in cork city
    Pm me your number and I will ring you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mamax

A buddy of mine selling 2 bikes so just throwing them up here for him
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/1981-suzuki-gsx1100-and-1987-honda-magna-vf700/21263332

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

For anyone looking for a L viz, spotted this freebie on Adverts

https://www.adverts.ie/clothing-boots/l-tabard/17473196

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

Does the registration certificate have to have the up to date engine number, because one I'm looking at has a replacement engine but the old engine number is on the registration documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,822 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yeah a change in engine number is supposed to be notified to Shannon.

I wouldn't touch a bike unless all the documents are 100%

Life ain't always empty.

Thanks, have let seller know.

• Advertisement

Have never ridden a bike with abs or disc brakes, does it take much to lock up disc brakes on a bike, I know that won't happen with abs,but longer slowing down distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,822 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

pretty much any bike since early 70s has disc brakes....???? Honda CB750 and Kawasaki Z1/Z900 were the first "superbikes" and had five gears and disc brakes

Since then drums ave been on bargain basement yokes like the Suzuki AX100. I had the GP100 as my first bike, same frame and engine, but disc front brake and alloy wheels, dead posh :)

Honda CG125s were front drum also, but they're well gone now

Way back ~50 years ago there was stuff like Ducatis and Triumph/BSA 750 triples with double-width twin leading shoe drums, some even raced in that form, would surely have been cheaper and lighter to just fit discs, but some quarters of the motorcycle world had a strange reluctance to embrace new technologies.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I have an Acumen Digi 8 Digital Gear Indicator that is no use to me anymore.
    I has the connection loom for a Suzuki SV650, so not sure if that one works on other Suzuki's, but the gear indicating part is common to all bikes.

Shout if you want it: hate to bin it - will post at-cost.

475847.png

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    I have an Acumen Digi 8 Digital Gear Indicator that is no use to me anymore.
    I has the connection loom for a Suzuki SV650, so not sure if that one works on other Suzuki's, but the gear indicating part is common to all bikes.

Shout if you want it: hate to bin it - will post at-cost.

475847.png

I assume it would fit the DL650 as well? Could always do with a spare.

I assume it would fit the DL650 as well? Could always do with a spare.

The read out is common to all bikes, the only custom part is the mini-connection that comes separate. I'd imagine that Suzuki's don't vary much. PM me if you want it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I'd appreciate it if Deckard Shaw doesn't take it.

Thanks.

The read out is common to all bikes, the only custom part is the mini-connection that comes separate. I'd imagine that Suzuki's don't vary much. PM me if you want it.

PM Sent

PM Sent

Your PM box is full, so I can't respond !

Ode To The Motorist

Your PM box is full, so I can't respond !

Apologies :o That's sorted now.

• Advertisement

I'm looking for a Honda cbf600 2007 on with abs, hopefully we'll looked after, I know JP in pearse st has one but it's 2005.

Advertisement