Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-06-2017, 13:40   #31
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker10a View Post
I don't remember car park check in though!!
Was in the Atrium building in T1.
Advertisement
29-06-2017, 14:09   #32
Jamie2k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
I'm probably the only one who has suggested DTW here - within 757/321LR range and has a sizeable community of Irish extraction as well as a decent business base (outside the old City Council area) as well as effectively everyone in Windsor who uses it in preference to paying Canadian airport tax.
I think Delta will get on this before EI do, they considered it a few years ago.

EI will most likely go for a route to Canada next year and most likely frequency on others over new routes.
29-06-2017, 15:13   #33
Cravens

Also, with DL packing up PHL-LHR on the 752 at the end of March, it would free up a frame to do a service like DUB-DTW or DUB-MSP (bit of a stretch for a 752, but maybe doable in the summer months), both of which hubs offer good connections to the midwest and pacific northwest respectively. I've also been seeing on another forum that DL might do well to consider sending the 763 on the DUB-BOS, considering their BOS-LHR run is supposedly doing quite poorly.
29-06-2017, 15:24   #34
PukkaStukka

Any update if Dallas - Dublin is going to happen or not?
29-06-2017, 17:36   #35
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkaStukka View Post
Any update if Dallas - Dublin is going to happen or not?
No, as its mostly only been discussed on here!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-07-2017, 23:23   #36
Jamie2k9

EI to LAS will not be happening any time soon.
Thanks from:
11-07-2017, 02:08   #37
JCX BXC

Just noticed something earlier, Ryanair Dublin to Tel Aviv, would that not be pushing the limits for the 737-800 in terms of payload/range and utilisation a little further than Ryanair usually like to go?

It must be what, a 6/6 1/2hour flight?
11-07-2017, 03:13   #38
Growler!!!

Flydubai go to Prague and Bangkok with block hours around that and they have to contend with high ambient temperatures out of DXB.

DXB to PRG 6.40
DXB to BKK 6.20

From their website:
When you fly with us, you’ll fly on the latest Boeing 737-800 aircraft, with up to 189 seats and a flying range of just over 6 hours.
flydubai aircraft are among the most environmentally-friendly planes in the sky today. A combination of CFM56-7B engines from CFM International and blended winglets from Aviation Partners Boeing mean our planes use less fuel, reduce emissions and make less noise.

But in answer to your question re utilisation - I don't know.
11-07-2017, 08:25   #39
la ultima guagua

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCX BXC View Post
Just noticed something earlier, Ryanair Dublin to Tel Aviv, would that not be pushing the limits for the 737-800 in terms of payload/range and utilisation a little further than Ryanair usually like to go?

It must be what, a 6/6 1/2hour flight?
TOM did DUB -SSH with a 738 for a number of years
Advertisement
11-07-2017, 14:04   #40
Idbatterim

Quote:
EI to LAS will not be happening any time soon.
for sure?! I am sick of not being able to fly direct. The amount of irish travelling there any time I fly, is substantial enough. Hope Norwegian come in and do it, which would be more likely if Ryanair start feeding traffic into them via the Dublin hub...
11-07-2017, 15:32   #41
JCX BXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idbatterim View Post
for sure?! I am sick of not being able to fly direct. The amount of irish travelling there any time I fly, is substantial enough. Hope Norwegian come in and do it, which would be more likely if Ryanair start feeding traffic into them via the Dublin hub...
It's been explained why several times.

I can't see NAI doing it, if TCX longhaul keeps going well in the UK maybe they may look at it but it's either them or EI in my opinion.
(2) thanks from:
11-07-2017, 15:35   #42

Quote:
For sure.
Thanks from:
11-07-2017, 15:45   #43
Idbatterim

I will never fly there via Gatwick again that's for sure, did it via Phili a few weeks back...
Thanks from:
11-07-2017, 15:47   #44
Jamie2k9

Quote:
Yeah EI have no plans to start it anytime soon, they did consider it but the commercial case wasn't strong enough.
Thanks from:
11-07-2017, 22:37   #45
Doltanian
Banned

Las Vegas would be an leisure and thus economy heavy route, I don't think there would large enough business links between Ireland and Las Vegas to drive business class demand unless freight considering mostly everything in Las Vegas is imported from everywhere else.

I think it is a case of Aer Lingus and other carriers being able to get better returns on their aircraft on other routes. EI should pick up a few cheap second hand 777-200's for low yield routes like this. Profits might be low but extra profits are extra profits either way, but with IAG setting the agenda now this won't likely happen. In my fantasy Aer Lingus I'd have connectivity to Hong Kong, Dubai and Sydney.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion