Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ubiquitous teaser trailer for the actual trailer.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Jurassic Moon. It's the next logical step.

You kid, but I'd absolutely watch the sh1t out of a Jurassic Park movie set on the moon.

Mother f*cking space dinosaurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

You kid, but I'd absolutely watch the sh1t out of a Jurassic Park movie set on the moon.

Mother f*cking space dinosaurs.

That or some sort of Sharknado tie-in... Jurassnado... Dinonado. The marketing guys can figure that bit out, the rest practically writes itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is the park on a volcano? That's the vibe I'm getting here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Is the park on a volcano? That's the vibe I'm getting here

Yup, Isla Sorna and Isla Nebula were volcanic protrusion, not "true islands"

Looks like the same island, with the travel balls and whatnot.

• Advertisement

That or some sort of Sharknado tie-in... Jurassnado... Dinonado. The marketing guys can figure that bit out, the rest practically writes itself.

Dinonado. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Another, slightly longer teaser.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Another, slightly longer teaser.

Pretty sure that's a fake using bits from Pete's Dragon. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ah crap, I've become too old for YouTube, I can't tell what's real or not!

I'm only 32!!

Well, if it's any consolation, I'm 41 and recognised scenes from Pete's Dragon... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭El Duda

I've not seen Pete's Dragon and I could spot it. 8-)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Full trailer is out on Thursday.

The next teaser for a teaser for a teaser for the main Trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

OH cool! The hero from the first film! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

This is good :D
    Retweeted by J.A. Bayona

https://twitter.com/BDHnetwork/status/938064489001472000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Whats the excitement over this about ?
    The last Jurassic Park film was unbelievably bad ...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Pero_Bueno wrote: »

Because...

Dinosaurs!

Pero_Bueno wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure there is that much excitement though? This is the producers trying to generate excitement by taking the trend of trailer for a trailer to the extreme to build anticipation. Is it really having that effect? To me it looks like desperation and personally these multiple teasers for the trailer have muted any interest I have in actually watching the trailer. I'll still watch it (because dinosaurs as NyOmnishambles put it) but not in the same way I was looking forward to seeing trailers for the likes of Star Wars or Avengers IW.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

J.A. Bayona is directing which makes me more excited for this then all the previous JP sequels put together. Trevorrow/Connolly are still writing but I assume they had longer than the weekend they had to write Jurassic World so script should be better too. None of these films had great scripts anyway.

I think that the fact there are only 48 posts in a thread dedicated to the sequel of a movie which made a billion dollars kind of says it all.

J.A. Bayona is directing which makes me more excited for this then all the previous JP sequels put together. Trevorrow/Connolly are still writing but I assume they had longer than the weekend they had to write Jurassic World so script should be better too. None of these films had great scripts anyway.

Interested to know what it is you think he'll bring to the franchise. Not being funny, just genuinely interested to know. Since his breakout horror The Ophanage (a decade ago) what has he done of note? I haven't seen A Monster Calls but I don't recall hearing much fuss about it.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I think that the fact there are only 48 posts in a thread dedicated to the sequel of a movie which made a billion dollars kind of says it all.

A good portion of which are taking the piss out of it and the recent batch of posts just linking to teaser trailers followed by a discussion on "does anyone care" :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Interested to know what it is you think he'll bring to the franchise. Not being funny, just genuinely interested to know. Since his breakout horror The Ophanage (a decade ago) what has he done of note? I haven't seen A Monster Calls but I don't recall hearing much fuss about it.

Bayona is very much in the Spielberg mould. Great visual storyteller, knows how to make the most of the script and should nail the action scenes. Trevorrow is good at comedy but his action directing was barely competent. You can tell when the second unit took over because it's so much better than his stuff.

A good visual director is most of it with these movies. As much as I love Jurassic Park, the script was a "just make it shootable"-type deal.

Bacchus wrote:

A Monster Calls is brilliant, I would highly recommend it. That said I'd prefer see him do more stuff like that. The quality of that film is not enough to outweigh the mediocrity of the franchise he's been landed with IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

Just hoping for a decent film and not a rehash of previous one's, i'd like to see them focus on BD Wongs character cause he looks like a bit of a

psycho to me, so hopefully he will create a few dino's for some unscrupulous people and we have a face-off between his dinos and Pratts dinos.

"Jurassic Park Dino Wars" sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I haven't seen A Monster Calls but I don't recall hearing much fuss about it.

It was a relatively small release but a fantastic film. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

geraardo wrote: »
    Just hoping for a decent film and not a rehash of previous one's, i'd like to see them focus on BD Wongs character cause he looks like a bit of a

psycho to me, so hopefully he will create a few dino's for some unscrupulous people and we have a face-off between his dinos and Pratts dinos.

"Jurassic Park Dino Wars" sounds good to me.

So basically Dino-riders?

Lots of animatronic dinosaurs! Yay!

Am I right in saying Jurassic World was mostly/entirely CGI dinos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

dan1895 wrote: »
    So basically Dino-riders?

Reminds me of this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr2iQ96em2w

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I've seen every JP in the cinema but there's no way I'm going to this muck after the last crapfest. As soon as they decided to have an action hero type character as the lead the franchise was dead.

• Advertisement

Advertisement