Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
13-01-2016, 09:58   #16
squonk
Registered User
 
squonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,009
Send a message via MSN to squonk Send a message via Skype™ to squonk
What happened the HS125? Did the mid air collision cause depressurisation that incapacitated the crew but allowed the flight continue on it's heading indefinitely? It just sounds like an awful incident and I'm surprised it wasn't reported on at the time.

Actually, on reading the full link the hypothesis above seems to be shared by the investigators. Very sad incident all the same.

Last edited by squonk; 13-01-2016 at 10:02.
squonk is offline  
Advertisement
13-01-2016, 13:36   #17
ElNino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Dunne View Post
Why not send him a PM, with the link if you have one!
I don't have one.
ElNino is offline  
14-01-2016, 13:48   #18
Gaoth Laidir
Registered User
 
Gaoth Laidir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3,894
Emergency landing at East Midlands airport a while ago. Aircraft still blocking the runway.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/East...ail/story.html

From Eurocontrol:


Quote:

Seq no
040
State
NEW

FMP
EGPXFMP1
Published
14/01/2016 12:31

Regulations Id
EGNXA14A
WEF
14/01/2016 12:40

Flight Level
ALL
UNT
14/01/2016 15:00

Reason
Accident / Incident

RMK

AC BLOCKING THE RWY
DELAY THRESHOLD VALUE (02.00)


EGNX ARRIVALS
---DELAY THRESHOLD VALUE (02.00)---
Gaoth Laidir is offline  
14-01-2016, 19:31   #19
homerjay2005
Registered User
 
homerjay2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 26,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElNino View Post
Links are probably not allowed in this forum but it is repeated at 7pm on National Geographic this evening.
of course they are, they normally are on youtube and you can embed youtube here.
homerjay2005 is offline  
14-01-2016, 20:33   #20
mr.anonymous
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 301
http://avherald.com/h?article=4921bc12&opt=0

Brazilian ATR72 came down short of the runway, struck a fence and went around. Landed safely later on 2nd attempt.

Very close to crashing on the first approach. Viz between 100 and 1000m. At the time of the accident the viz was closer to 100 - doubt they should have been attempting the approach.
mr.anonymous is offline  
Advertisement
14-01-2016, 20:34   #21
Pat Dunne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElNino View Post
Links are probably not allowed in this forum but it is repeated at 7pm on National Geographic this evening.
Sure let the Mods worry about that.
Pat Dunne is offline  
22-01-2016, 12:10   #22
KoolKid
Moderator
 
KoolKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 23,841
Curious to what this may have hit....

Incident: LAN A320 enroute on Jan 10th 2016, collision with unknown object at FL350By Simon Hradecky, created Wednesday, Jan 20th 2016 16:13Z, last updated Wednesday, Jan 20th 2016 16:13Z

A LAN Airlines Airbus A320-200, registrationCC-BAR performing flight LA-3509 from Cancun (Mexico) to Bogota (Colombia), was enroute at FL350 and about 480 KTAS between waypoints KAKOL (300nm northnorthwest of Bogota) and RNG (about 100nm northnorthwest of Bogota) in the control zone of Bogota when the crew reported the aircraft had been impacted by an unknown object, there were no abnormal indications for any of the aircraft systems however. The crew therefore continued the flight normally for a safe landing in Bogota.

The French BEA reported based on notification by Colombia's CAA, that following landing an inspection of the aircraft revealed damage to the left nose section of the aircraft with a dent of about 20cm diameter and some substance that is being analysed to determine what kind of object had hit the aircraft. The CAA Colombia rated the occurrence an incident and is investigating.

Radar data show the aircraft was travelling at about 435 knots over ground at the time.
KoolKid is offline  
22-01-2016, 16:37   #23
Bsal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKid View Post
Curious to what this may have hit....

Incident: LAN A320 enroute on Jan 10th 2016, collision with unknown object at FL350By Simon Hradecky, created Wednesday, Jan 20th 2016 16:13Z, last updated Wednesday, Jan 20th 2016 16:13Z

A LAN Airlines Airbus A320-200, registrationCC-BAR performing flight LA-3509 from Cancun (Mexico) to Bogota (Colombia), was enroute at FL350 and about 480 KTAS between waypoints KAKOL (300nm northnorthwest of Bogota) and RNG (about 100nm northnorthwest of Bogota) in the control zone of Bogota when the crew reported the aircraft had been impacted by an unknown object, there were no abnormal indications for any of the aircraft systems however. The crew therefore continued the flight normally for a safe landing in Bogota.

The French BEA reported based on notification by Colombia's CAA, that following landing an inspection of the aircraft revealed damage to the left nose section of the aircraft with a dent of about 20cm diameter and some substance that is being analysed to determine what kind of object had hit the aircraft. The CAA Colombia rated the occurrence an incident and is investigating.

Radar data show the aircraft was travelling at about 435 knots over ground at the time.
Only thing I can plausibly think of is migrating birds. Some geese have been known to fly at altitudes above FL300.
Bsal is offline  
(3) thanks from:
22-01-2016, 16:59   #24
JCX BXC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 16,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsal View Post
Only thing I can plausibly think of is migrating birds. Some geese have been known to fly at altitudes above FL300.
Really? Wow that's quite amazing. Imagine flying along looking out the window to see you overtaking a few birds!
JCX BXC is offline  
Advertisement
22-01-2016, 17:35   #25
Bsal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,429
I found some more information about the high flying birds here, Im probably completely wrong about what hit it maybe a piece of volcanic rock lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...flight_heights
Bsal is offline  
Thanks from:
22-01-2016, 17:38   #26
KoolKid
Moderator
 
KoolKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 23,841
How do they survive in those temperatures?
KoolKid is offline  
Thanks from:
28-01-2016, 21:00   #27
Bog Man 1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 248
The dead man may be linked to a 1949 DC3 plane crash .
http://www.thejournal.ie/saddleworth...73043-Jan2016/
Bog Man 1 is offline  
31-01-2016, 19:12   #28
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 19,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKid View Post
Curious to what this may have hit....

Incident: LAN A320 enroute on Jan 10th 2016, collision with unknown object at FL350By Simon Hradecky, created Wednesday, Jan 20th 2016 16:13Z, last updated Wednesday, Jan 20th 2016 16:13Z

A LAN Airlines Airbus A320-200, registrationCC-BAR performing flight LA-3509 from Cancun (Mexico) to Bogota (Colombia), was enroute at FL350 and about 480 KTAS between waypoints KAKOL (300nm northnorthwest of Bogota) and RNG (about 100nm northnorthwest of Bogota) in the control zone of Bogota when the crew reported the aircraft had been impacted by an unknown object, there were no abnormal indications for any of the aircraft systems however. The crew therefore continued the flight normally for a safe landing in Bogota.

The French BEA reported based on notification by Colombia's CAA, that following landing an inspection of the aircraft revealed damage to the left nose section of the aircraft with a dent of about 20cm diameter and some substance that is being analysed to determine what kind of object had hit the aircraft. The CAA Colombia rated the occurrence an incident and is investigating.

Radar data show the aircraft was travelling at about 435 knots over ground at the time.
Shannon757 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
01-02-2016, 14:43   #29
homerjay2005
Registered User
 
homerjay2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 26,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElNino View Post
Very good episode.

Next week is Asiana Airlines Flight 214 and I don't envisage that it will be pleasant viewing for the crew involved.


ill post the others as i find them.
homerjay2005 is offline  
01-02-2016, 14:53   #30
homerjay2005
Registered User
 
homerjay2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 26,073
here is episode 1



here is the UPS accident - episode 2.


and 4 is here also...



and 5

homerjay2005 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet