Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Boot Sales,Auctions & Markets Off Topic Q&A

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Does anyone know if there is a coin fair coming up?
    I thought there was usually one in the RDS around February?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

i was told 18th and 19th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

18th & 19th February according to this: http://www.rds.ie/cat_event_detail.jsp?itemID=1099549 :)

Thanks guys, I checked the RDS website a couple of days ago and I didn't see it listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hey is it possible to just turn up at these fairs with coins you want valued/to sell?

• Advertisement

Einhard wrote: »
    Hey is it possible to just turn up at these fairs with coins you want valued/to sell?

I should think so but why not give the organiser a ring? :)

The Numismatic Society of Ireland
    5 St. Assam's Park
    Raheny
    Dublin 5

Tel: 01 8391082

Einhard,

There is no problem bringing your coins along to sell, in fact most of the dealers are quite happy to pick up some new stock at the fair. Two of them that I was talking to last time were complaining that not enough people brought along coins.

It is a good oppurtunity for you to get values from a few different people so as to get the best price. However you might get more for them by selling them on eBay, though obviously this takes more time and effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I should think so but why not give the organiser a ring? :)

5 St. Assam's Park
    Raheny
    Dublin 5

Tel: 01 8391082

You mean get off my arse and do some work myself?! I'm outraged!:eek:
    DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Einhard,

There is no problem bringing your coins along to sell, in fact most of the dealers are quite happy to pick up some new stock at the fair. Two of them that I was talking to last time were complaining that not enough people brought along coins.

It is a good oppurtunity for you to get values from a few different people so as to get the best price. However you might get more for them by selling them on eBay, though obviously this takes more time and effort.

Thanks to you both. I'll bring along my coins and see what valuation I get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ucanhaveitall77

Is there a coin fair on in the RDS this year?

Is there a coin fair on in the RDS this year?

Irish International Coin Fair
    Royal Dublin Society (RDS), Ballsbridge, Dublin.4.
    Hall.3.

On: Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th February, 2012

Admission:€5.00 payable at door

Contact details:
    5 St. Assam’s Park
    Raheny
    Dublin. 5.

Tel: (01) 839 1082

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Any idea if theres the big antiques fair in Simmonscourt RDS this year and when?

oldsmokey wrote: »
    Any idea if theres the big antiques fair in Simmonscourt RDS this year and when?

The Annual Irish Antique Dealers Fair will take place in the RDS from Thursday 4th October until Sunday 7th October, 2012.

http://www.iada.ie/antique-fairs/

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Hi JD great thread ,very helpful
    any word on whether Blarney gaa is on this bank holiday monday ?

/

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Ballywaltrim Community Centre Car Boot Sale
    Boghall Road, Bray, Co.Wicklow

Every Sunday 9.00am to 3.00pm

Sellers: €12 per car in the hall if it’s raining and €10 for outside in carpark.

Also FREE Tea and Coffee for stall holders

Public admission FREE.

Toilets on site.

Further information: Al Morris on (01) 204 0856

Is this still going ?

Hi JD great thread ,very helpful
    any word on whether Blarney gaa is on this bank holiday monday ?

/

Blarney GAA Club Car Boot Sale

On: Bank Holiday Monday 19th March, 2012

Gates open 7.30am and it finishes around 4:30pm
    Sellers: €10 per car, €15 per van, bigger stalls by agreement.

These are run every year on Easter Monday, May/ June/August Bank Holiday Mondays and, weather permitting, the October Bank Holiday Monday.

Directions:
    Blarney GAA grounds are located next to the scout hall at the end of Castle Close Road, which is the road on which the entrance to the Blarney Castle estate is located.
    The R617 road is the main road into Blarney village from Cork City.

Further information: pro.blarney.cork@gaa.ie

* CONFIRMED 11/3/2012

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

much appreciated JD
    thank you

btw there is a new boot sale starting in charleville showgrounds this sunday the 18th.I dont remember who's running it as I've lost the flier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 delboyyoughal

New carboot ,claiming to be the biggest indoor market in munster ,starting sunday april ist,.going to try it,hopefully will be good,
    also redbarn reopening april 8th,easter sunday.
    have a good one ,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭flutered

New carboot ,claiming to be the biggest indoor market in munster ,starting sunday april ist,.going to try it,hopefully will be good,
    also redbarn reopening april 8th,easter sunday.
    have a good one ,cheers.

hi op where is the one starting on april the 1st on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Is there anywhere as busy as Balbriggan operating on Sunday mornings at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 delboyyoughal

I went two little island two join the other 35,stallholders selling .only two find, 4 stalls there {2 left by 12}.
    great potential ,but poorly planned.hope it gets better next time.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey guys,

Just looking for pricing guidelines for doing carboots, mods please move if necessary. I have a good bit of clobber I want to sell, mostly dresses that are in good nick, some worn once/twice and some never worn. I don't want to let stuff go for peanuts, but I want to know what's realistic too. For example a dress/top thingy from Jane Norman that cost me €50 and in great nick, surely I could let that go for more than €1 / €2?? Or a dress from River Island worn twice, like new, €65?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Danniboo wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just looking for pricing guidelines for doing carboots, mods please move if necessary. I have a good bit of clobber I want to sell, mostly dresses that are in good nick, some worn once/twice and some never worn. I don't want to let stuff go for peanuts, but I want to know what's realistic too. For example a dress/top thingy from Jane Norman that cost me €50 and in great nick, surely I could let that go for more than €1 / €2?? Or a dress from River Island worn twice, like new, €65?

Would you not stick them on ebay, you'll probably get more for them there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Would you not stick them on ebay, you'll probably get more for them there

I've tried ebay, sold a few bits on it, but its very slow and i've a lot of stuff I want to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jainaeva

Hello I will be moving house soon and have a lot of knick knacks to sell, books and dvd's and such, can anyone tell me if it is worth participating in a car boot sale? Also do you have to bring your own table or is that provided? I am a total newbie and have no idea how it works. I just read that a seller needs to pay between €10 and €20 to sell but not much else.. Any idea? I also did like the idea someone posted regarding a car boot buddy.. i am interested in going to the one in Blanchardstown or Ballymun..

Thank you

Jainaeva wrote: »
    Hello I will be moving house soon and have a lot of knick knacks to sell, books and dvd's and such, can anyone tell me if it is worth participating in a car boot sale? Also do you have to bring your own table or is that provided? I am a total newbie and have no idea how it works. I just read that a seller needs to pay between €10 and €20 to sell but not much else.. Any idea? I also did like the idea someone posted regarding a car boot buddy.. i am interested in going to the one in Blanchardstown or Ballymun..

Thank you

All the information that you need can be found here: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/ and if you scroll down the page there is an item on useful car boot information. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jainaeva

Yes was on there already, the more info i can get the better! Thank you anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Athenry Car Boot Sale
    Athenry Mart
    Saturday 4th May
    10am-3pm (sellers from about 9:30, buyers aren't early risers here so it's only really getting a buzz after 10:30/11am).
    Cars €10, Vans €20.

This is a weather permitting event so if you're in doubt call the morning of the sale.

This has been a mightly little fundraiser for our community with plenty of groups hosting stalls too. It's also been building a bit of momentum and what with a derth of car boot sales in the West, it does pretty well;)

PM me for more information

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭tro81

Whens the next.carboot at dundrum?

Advertisement