Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

History and Structure of Irish Education Exam for foreign-trained teacher

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ArtMat

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone could email me notes or study material for the History and Structure of Irish Education Exam?
    I have to sit the exam in a few weeks :(
    Thanks A Lot!!!!

Artur

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ArtMat

Hi there i was wondering if you still had these notes as i plan to take my test in a few months? thank you if you do

would you email it to me, if you still have it?

thanks a lot!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ArtMat wrote: »
    would you email it to me, if you still have it?

thanks a lot!

wayne1walsh hasn't logged in since 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stevenwilliams

Hi, it looks like there will be an online version of the History and Structure of Irish Education exam in August. That's great for me here in Australia (it was going to be expensive to fly to Ireland to sit the exam!) but it mean I'm asking the same question that others have been... I've got the basic information about the exam with some past papers and a list of reading resources but has any got a summary to sort of guide me?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JennyMcManus

Taking the online exam this Saturday. Feeling unprepared. Have got notes but there is a lot of reading involved never mind preparing example essays.
    those who have sat it before do you have any advice? I got the link above with the notes. is that enough to learn? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

Taking the online exam this Saturday. Feeling unprepared. Have got notes but there is a lot of reading involved never mind preparing example essays.
    those who have sat it before do you have any advice? I got the link above with the notes. is that enough to learn? thanks

From what I recall it boiled down to 3 aspects...

Development of VECs/ETBs
    Development of primary + secondary education since 1850 (more of a dates and bullet points question)
    Role of Religious and State in Education

There's a link to the essay in the sticky thread at the top of the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JennyMcManus

Treppen wrote: »
    From what I recall it boiled down to 3 aspects...

Development of VECs/ETBs
    Development of primary + secondary education since 1850 (more of a dates and bullet points question)
    Role of Religious and State in Education

There's a link to the essay in the sticky thread at the top of the forum

Great thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Liliya

[Hi, did you get the notes. I am doing my exam in a few days. Please share your experience

Hi
    Most useful to me was making a timeline of the events in Irish education and history. Happy to share.

Hi
    Most useful to me was making a timeline of the events in Irish education and history. Happy to share.

I am creating something similar. Thank you for the idea.
    I wonder do you have examples of past papers too?
    Or recommended reading that i should take into account?

Thank you

Liliya

• Advertisement

Hi Jenny,

did you get the notes? If yes, can you send them to me, please

It will help me a lot!

Liliya

Hi

Another question: what is the requirement for the word count. Is it really 1500-2000 words per question? seems a lot

There was the link I received to find past papers. Maybe you should check and see if you got it. Unfortunately, I can't paste the link here.

Advertisement