Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cows ar$e with a banjow..

• 13-09-2019 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

..anyone else on a thoroughly rotten run these last few months?
    I never expected to make a living out of it, I was always quite up and down...but by Jaysus the last while has been abysmal. Time for a break I think.

Edit. So bad can’t even spell banjo now apparently!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Another username from the goat

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

The Mig wrote: »
    Another username from the goat

Been posting years man!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Was a joke mate. I know the diff between the genuine lads and the rest
    Y

• Registered Users Posts: 16,374 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Earendil wrote: »
    Time for a break I think.
    Things goaty would never be saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

That's what can happen unfortunately. If you get on a bad enough run it can wipe you out. I had a friend who was €300k up. He was told to buy a house there and then. You can guess what happened. Lost his bollocks.

Here's me winning €50 and I'm delighted with myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

That's what can happen unfortunately. If you get on a bad enough run it can wipe you out. I had a friend who was €300k up. He was told to buy a house there and then. You can guess what happened. Lost his bollocks.

Here's me winning €50 and I'm delighted with myself.

Jaysus I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I lost 300k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Jaysus I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I lost 300k

It was nuts. I think he just got bored and started making stupid bets. The best and worst gambler I've ever seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Only ever bet with what you can afford to lose. Don't expect anything out of it and enjoy it. Keep it passionate and don't get carried away.

If your losing your proverbials stick to the 50c ew yankees for a while and see how you get on. Losing streaks happen.

The one thing I will always say is that the most I have ever made has been on pure instinct and gumption. Never deny yourself the hunch and gut feeling you get about a winner, it exists.

If your trying to beat the bookies for hard money get yourself a serious staking plan and stick to it. Have a budget and don't deviate. There is nothing worse than having a 5ew winner at 33/1 when you usually dumping € 100 on 11/10 shots every day. If you fancy a horse at 33/1 put € 50ew on it and sit back and watch. The most money I have ever made backing horses is on the price. If the bookies are giving you a big price about a fancy don't let them away with, grease them up and fúck the holy shight out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Earendil wrote: »
    ..anyone else on a thoroughly rotten run these last few months?
    I never expected to make a living out of it, I was always quite up and down...but by Jaysus the last while has been abysmal. Time for a break I think.

Edit. So bad can’t even spell banjo now apparently!

I was on a terrible run for the first half of this year,never had a time like it.
    I find a lot of the decisions we make in choosing a horse in a race is the frame of mind we are in at that particular time, there could be 7 horse race and if your down you might go for a bigger price or if you've had a few winners you cant see past the fav.
    Logician yesterday morning at evens looked a banker but im sure many people on here took him on for value purposes.
    I changed strategy by doing yankees and i would choose the 4 horses i thought had best claims of winning on that day, i would go for short odds selections generally but it gets you back in that winning zone and you will nearly always have some money coming back to you.

Advertisement