Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Canon 1dX2 importing issues with older Lightroom/desktop OS

• 10-09-2019 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hello, am looking for some advice re. Canon/Adobe plug ins.

I recently did a shoot in the US where I rented cameras rather than bring my own.

I use a Canon 1DX normally but the model I was using in the States was the newer 1DX II model and the latest 5DS.

I tethered to my laptop which is running OS High Sierra 10.13.6 and had no issues. The pics are all on the laptop and can be edited fine etc.

However on my return to Dublin and trying to import the photos from my cameras via the CF cards to Lightroom Classic CC the photos are not being recognised. Same goes if I try to import them via an external HD - when I get them into my Lightroom on my desktop, it's saying they are all corrupt or there's something wrong with them. I am assuming my LR (version 7.5) is not compatible with the newer Canons although this is the latest version available.

I have tried exporting them in various ways - original/tiff/jpeg/dng - nothing is working.

When I went to the Canon plug in site, it's not giving me any options to download a driver or plug in.

My OS on my desktop mac is OS El Capitan 10.11.6.

Any help greatly appreciated as I have about 9K shots to go through and so far the only way I have been able to get them opening on my desktop in LR or PS is if I sent a handful of them to myself via wetransfer. Which is an utter nightmare.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

You need to get DNG convertor it is a free download from Adobe.
    Upload your images as normal through bridge then use it to convert them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

While you're "up to date" you're also horribly out of date. Adobe is determined to get everyone on CC.

Do a helluvalot of conversion or upgrade to the latest LR/PS builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

You need to get DNG convertor it is a free download from Adobe.
    Upload your images as normal through bridge then use it to convert them.

Thanks for this.

I got it sorted. I had to update the Camera Raw plug in and in turn update my OS system. Thanks for the advice. :D

Advertisement