Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Services offering thesis help

• 22-08-2019 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone ever paid for help when writing their thesis, there are lots of sevices online offering it?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'd always advise staying away.

You should have supports available in whatever institution you're in, learning support is there for this sort of thing.

Then most 3rd level libraries will have academic and research support.

If you're relying on a third party service, it's arguable that you should be doing one in the first place

Might be a use for some proof reading, but again, it's something you should approach with caution. These services will have a load of desperate people trying them, and you may end up with a load of similar styled submissions that can be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

Weepsie wrote: »
    I'd always advise staying away.

You should have supports available in whatever institution you're in, learning support is there for this sort of thing.

Then most 3rd level libraries will have academic and research support.

If you're relying on a third party service, it's arguable that you should be doing one in the first place

Might be a use for some proof reading, but again, it's something you should approach with caution. These services will have a load of desperate people trying them, and you may end up with a load of similar styled submissions that can be a problem.

Thanks, I kind of thought it would be like the equivalent to grinds or something...
    But I see your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What kind of help is it you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Every college should have adequate support.
    Do you have an assigned supervisor?
    Is there a particular area you need help with?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

I'm doing it online so don't have the classroom based contact, I just saw these ads as they popped up on my screen and wondered if anyone used them. Kind of thought it would be the equivalent to grinds for the leaving cert, just with help with writing academically etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement